Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MyLaps Transponder systems >

MyLaps Transponder systems

MyLaps Transponder systems

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default MyLaps Transponder systems

What's Up All!!!
I'm sorry to trouble the board with this thread but I can't seem to get an answer from MyLaps so maybe someone out here might know.
So most of you know that some tracks are updating their AMB systems to the most recent version of software. This update renders MRT Personal Transponders worthless. When this first hit rumor had it that MyLaps would actually trade in MRTs for new MyLaps transponders. Of course there was a cost associated with this but it wasnt full ticket price for a new MyLaps.
Has anyone tried this with MyLaps? Were you successful? I've checked the webpage and they said clone tradein would be honored, but is the MRT considered a clone or is a clone another AMB/ MyLaps transponder with a duplicate number for those of us with multiple cars?

Any input is much appreciated!!!!!
Kevin

Last edited by Leadfinger2011; 01-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yep. Your old MRT or AMB personal and $30 gets you a new mylaps.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As stated above "Clone" means black MRT PTX transponder .

I'm reading on the non compatiblity topic and it seems that some tracks don't have a problem reading the PTX transponders.

Check with your track before spending the money on a new transponder.
My track does not have an issue but I don't know if they've upgraded the software or not.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the MRT transponders will work just fine with the new RC4 system. a few tracks up here are doing just fine with the new system. the new AMB transponder that are coming out have a few features that can only be used if you have the new box, but all older transponders work just fine with it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by monty c View Post
the MRT transponders will work just fine with the new RC4 system. a few tracks up here are doing just fine with the new system. the new AMB transponder that are coming out have a few features that can only be used if you have the new box, but all older transponders work just fine with it.
The MRT transponders no longer work with the new update for the New Mylaps Hybrid transponders.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I spent some time on this one myself and got different answers even from mylaps when I talked to them. Here is what I found out that I know is true:

Yes the trade in works. I just sent in 2 of my 3 MRT's and got 2 v4's back (it did take 3-4 weeks as a lot of folks are doing this).
Yes the new software update does make the MRT's count inconsistently.
If your track is not running firmware v4 the new v4 transponders will not work. I believe 4.3 is current?

The MyLaps rep told me if a track does not have the newest box released in Dec then the V4's will not work. I have not been to my other track with an older version of a timing system to check this yet. However the other track in question said they think it will work based on input from MyLaps? I will find out next week.

If you race at multiple tracks I suspect the hybrids are the way to go for now.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

please use the search function
and this thread in this forum
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ponders-3.html
or any of the 20 threads discussing the issue here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...rchid=15202977
and the thread that discusses the upgrade/compatibilty
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...-not-work.html