Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pstuebs
Just received my Ten SCTE 2.0 kit. Opened the box to find the shock oil tube had broken an covered every inch of every component in oil. The body has oil under the protective cover and I cant get it to stop wicking oil at the edges. The decal sheets and other documents are hammered. Anyone ever seen this issue? Best course of action?
I would say contact Horizon about it. every kit I have built the oil was in a sealed bag. maybe TLR has changed this.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whomper
How is the SCTE 2.0... compared to a Slash 4x4 Platinum?
I guess I'll be the bad guy here.
Traxxas is plenty fast in speed. That is about it when it comes to actual racing.
I used to run the RC side of a hobby shop years back, around the time the nitro monster trucks was in full bloom. I always tried pushing the reliable HPI savage line, but the owner loved traxxas sales cause it always meant return customer with broken parts.
I know that is a bit harsh and distasteful in respect to a fellow RC company, and maybe they are getting better, but it's my honest experience and the reality.
Most in the know will probably agree with me on these statements, albeit silently.
If you plan on bashing and looking cool, Traxxas is great for that and everyone carries their stuff.
But honestly... If you want to race, your going to go with something else where the R&D is based completely on just that, such as Losi, Associated, or Tekno.
I personally have always loved my Losi's, and the SCTE 2.0 is easily a top contender in it's arena, as are all TLR chassis per class.
So to make a long answer short.
Do yourself a favor and go with the Losi if you plan to race with any seriousness.

Last edited by Josh L; 06-27-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just received my Ten SCTE 2.0 kit. Opened the box to find the shock oil tube had broken an covered every inch of every component in oil. The body has oil under the protective cover and I cant get it to stop wicking oil at the edges. The decal sheets and other documents are hammered. Anyone ever seen this issue? Best course of action?
You should really call Horizon customer service. They want you to be happy with your purchase. They would probably send you another body with decal sheet. Other stuff should be able to be cleaned up I would think. Personally, I would just clean the body (remove affected protective covering, then clean with dish soap?) to make it paint-able but that's just me.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Contact Horizon CS and let them know what happened.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ended up getting this kit and putting in a tekin rx8/ pro4 4600kv that i bought used from a guy on facebook. and tq'd and won my first club race with it today. thing drives awesome, stupid fast. wheels rub a little bit on the front lower control arm when turning with a less offset wheel. had to adjust EPA down a bit. told everyone i was running bypass shocks because it kept clicking in the corners lol
Old 06-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Does TLR (or anyone else) sell x-rings that will work well in these shocks? Just looking for a cheaper way to get x-rings than the 2 that come in the rebuild kit for $7.49
Old 06-29-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Does TLR (or anyone else) sell x-rings that will work well in these shocks? Just looking for a cheaper way to get x-rings than the 2 that come in the rebuild kit for $7.49
The o-rings in the SCTE shocks are xrings. They are kind of expensive as you have to get it in the rebuild kit but by the time the x-rings wear out a complete shock rebuild is probably in order anyway.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

I am a big fan of MIP stuff. Everything from that delicious smelling sticky tape, to drive shafts for my basher.

While back got me them MIP chassis braces. They're great.

Latest addition has been the MIP center drive system. Besides being some 20g lighter than my previous mix of Losi and Tekno drive line, and spinning perfectly true, this thing is a work of art. Well engineered.

8 battery packs into it on fast, high bite track, so far no sign of any wear or any issues. Time will tell how well they hold up, but for now, I am impressed.

Anyways, thought I'd share...
Old 06-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Definitely contact HH customer service. Use the callback function. They will get you all taken care of.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does TLR have any plan to make plastic versions of the 15 degree front spindle carrier?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

To follow up, I contacted Losi and all affected parts are being replaced free of charge. Also, after my original post i found a tube of gear oil had also failed in its package. Not a big deal but something they need to address.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rear diff

I am having a problem with my rear diff. With the diff assembly in the housing half the unit spins freely. however when you turn the diff with the pinion gear there is a rough almost stepped feel. I have relieved a few areas of the case that were possibly running the ring gear but this has not helped. Any and all idea would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Prophet

I am having a problem with my rear diff. With the diff assembly in the housing half the unit spins freely. however when you turn the diff with the pinion gear there is a rough almost stepped feel. I have relieved a few areas of the case that were possibly running the ring gear but this has not helped. Any and all idea would be appreciated.
The rear diff normally does not have any issues related to the case.
Are you shimming the diff? Is this a new ring and pinion? Check the bearings that support the pinion.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bserious
Does TLR have any plan to make plastic versions of the 15 degree front spindle carrier?
There is nothing in the near future if at all planned.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
The rear diff normally does not have any issues related to the case.
Are you shimming the diff? Is this a new ring and pinion? Check the bearings that support the pinion.
Yes its all brand new. Brand new kit going together, just received it a week ago. I have checked and rechecked assembly procedures and its as instructed. The pinion seems to have very little run out or horizontal play, maybe on half mm. When assembled it just seems as if you can feel the pinion and ring gear step on each tooth. Maybe this is normal Im just not sure. No shims were installed other than exactly what the instructions say. I used grease to check for whitness marks in the case and found just one tiny area which I dremeled away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.