Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mavdriver
, love the truck also guys do yourself a favor change the rear hubs to alluminun they look great and will handle anything you can throw at it , i snap my stock left hub on my fourth run I will never run the stock rear hubs again way to weak , you would think losi would had throw that in the kit , oh well
...I think you may have had a bad hit ,it happens in Racing and stuff gets tweeked.I prefer the the stock rear hubs for two reasons.. They feel better(dont know why) and if you blow out a rear bearing it may get stuck in the alum hub.Now get this...In 2 or so yrs that I have been running this truck mostly 2 x a week racing and practice,I have never broken a rear hub!!!!Many here will tell ya the same..Alum looks nice tho!!!!

Originally Posted by hkrob
How did you guys do at Jbrl yesterday? Did you run the new set up there.
..Sup Robin.? They were hooked up!!Cars looked very( in) the track not on top of it!! Trucks looked very smooth!!!I had not run in about 3 months,
wanted to run the new lay out Friday nite with the new 2.0 and get a battery in.. about mid pack, the truck started to feel really good.I was not gonna race having no practice or any run time for so long so I showed up late Sat to watch.Well Matt payed my entry and i was talked into running. I went home to get my gear and made it back by the 2nd qual.2nd battery ever in my new truck,bald city blocks on a dry track no less at one of the big races of the year around here. LOL you can see where this is goingDid donuts around every corner and just had to pull over and let most peeps pass.By the main threw on the Rattlers track held moisture and ended up having a really good run,truck felt amazing!!!ended up somewhere in the B main(sportsman))

Last edited by BmainStar; 05-28-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: sPellIn and SucH
Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
...I think you may have had a bad hit ,it happens in Racing and stuff gets tweeked.I prefer the the stock rear hubs for two reasons.. They feel better(dont know why) and if you blow out a rear bearing it may get stuck in the alum hub.Now get this...In 2 or so yrs that I have been running this truck mostly 2 x a week racing and practice,I have never broken a rear hub!!!!Many here will tell ya the same..Alum looks nice tho!!!!

..Sup Robin.? They were hooked up!!Cars looked very( in) the track not on top of it!! Trucks looked very smooth!!!I had not run in about 3 months,
wanted to run the new lay out Friday nite with the new 2.0 and get a battery in.. about mid pack, the truck started to feel really good.I was not gonna race having no practice or any run time for so long so I showed up late Sat to watch.Well Matt payed my entry and i was talked into running. I went home to get my gear and made it back by the 2nd qual.2nd battery ever in my new truck,bald city blocks on a dry track no less at one of the big races of the year around here. LOL you can see where this is goingDid donuts around every corner and just had to pull over and let most peeps pass.By the main threw on the Rattlers track held moisture and ended up having a really good run,truck felt amazing!!!ended up somewhere in the B main(sportsman))
Sounds like you had a good time looks like you lived up to your name (B-Main Star). I wanted to make the race but I cant really spent all day and night at the track wife would kill me. I will be able make the race this Saturday at Pegasus hope to see you there.

Last edited by hkrob; 05-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
What's the hole size on the #3 pistons. Anyone know? Anyone drill these out?
If you look closely at the stock piston, the holes are actually tapered. No way to re create this with a different piston IMO. The thing I find weird though, it to have the piston in correctly, the numbers must face down! I personally put them in up side down when I first built my kit because I've always put the number up so I can see what piston i have in there if I forget. Is this correct TLR guys????

Note: The rtr and roller both have the piston number facing down, so I assume that is the correct way for them to be installed
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jsamarin
If you look closely at the stock piston, the holes are actually tapered. No way to re create this with a different piston IMO. The thing I find weird though, it to have the piston in correctly, the numbers must face down! I personally put them in up side down when I first built my kit because I've always put the number up so I can see what piston i have in there if I forget. Is this correct TLR guys????

Note: The rtr and roller both have the piston number facing down, so I assume that is the correct way for them to be installed

Where did you get that from that the shock piston must face down
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

delete
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsamarin

The piston holes in the stock pistons are not tapered. Its the way they come off the mold that makes them appear tapered. I have used gauge pins to determine if they are tapered and have never found any to be tapered. I put them in with the number facing up so I can see it with taking the shock top off.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BmainStar

Awww man, I wish you would have come and said hi...we would have gotten you hooked up. I had a set of 1 runs I could have given to ya and looked over your truck.

TO ALL...if you EVER find that I am at a track you are at, PLEASE PLEASE come up and say hi. I love meeting people that I chat with on here. Ask all the questions you want, let me look at your truck, bounce ideas off me, whatever you want to call it...use me. That is why I am there and that is what I enjoy is to help anyone and everyone I can. I was racing myself but I am pretty sure I had, oh I don't know, maybe 6 or 7 HOURS that I wasn't doing anything on Saturday, lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
If you are outdoors I would see using it with the 2 hole setup. For now, I recommend folks try it as described with the 4 hole pistons.
Just to confirm, #3 pistons both front and rear and not #4's with the new setup? I'm asking because only two#3's came in the kit. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
The other thing is if a track is blown out, I would consider going to 5/5/5.

Keep in mind, this is the first setup we have really worked on with the weight bias where it is today. Weight bias is a huge performance factor and also changes how different oils work.
Well I did everything from the setup except I left the diffs 5-5-3 - yeah I know I know. Lazy. And just need to adjust toe, camber, ride height at the track.

I've got a spare set of shocks so I can switch back and forth from the 2 hole #55 and the SCTE #3 pistons. Feels very soft at 27.5/25. I don't think I've ever run that soft. Should be interesting.

Ryan/Casper - for the 2 hole #55 pistons - i forget if they're bigger or smaller than 1.3mm - if smaller do you drill them out to 1.3?

If you were running the 2 hole pistons where would you start with the oil weight with this setup? I had been runnig 32.5F / 30 R (I think... I should write it down). Yeah I think I'm up there from 30/27.5 in the winter.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Sorry guys.... New setup??

Where can I find the new setup complete?
I see all this talk about it but went back and back and cant find anything... and the first page is not updated. Can Somone post a Link, copy, or anything...
I run outdoor loose.... will it work? what tweeks do I need to do to get it working.....what color front spring now? Oils? Dif 5/5/5 ( outdoor loose)
i have 1.3 mm pistons spent $15 on them (Avid) now not good for this setup?
#3 all the way now? what ride hight?
It's my B Day today so... I will consider it a gift. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well I did everything from the setup except I left the diffs 5-5-3 - yeah I know I know. Lazy. And just need to adjust toe, camber, ride height at the track.

I've got a spare set of shocks so I can switch back and forth from the 2 hole #55 and the SCTE #3 pistons. Feels very soft at 27.5/25. I don't think I've ever run that soft. Should be interesting.

Ryan/Casper - for the 2 hole #55 pistons - i forget if they're bigger or smaller than 1.3mm - if smaller do you drill them out to 1.3?

If you were running the 2 hole pistons where would you start with the oil weight with this setup? I had been runnig 32.5F / 30 R (I think... I should write it down). Yeah I think I'm up there from 30/27.5 in the winter.
Most of us have extra pistons from 1.0 or shock rebuild kits. I think they gave you extra pistons in the extra parts bag. Maybe I am wrong?

#55 is about 1.3mm. We were running the #55 holes. No modification. #55 is actually 1.32mm I think so slightly larger.

We typically ran 32.5/30 with the two hole piston setup.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Where can I find the new setup complete?
I see all this talk about it but went back and back and cant find anything... and the first page is not updated. Can Somone post a Link, copy, or anything...
I run outdoor loose.... will it work? what tweeks do I need to do to get it working.....what color front spring now? Oils? Dif 5/5/5 ( outdoor loose)
i have 1.3 mm pistons spent $15 on them (Avid) now not good for this setup?
#3 all the way now? what ride hight?
It's my B Day today so... I will consider it a gift. Thanks!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12178954-post3876.html

There is a link to the post with the new setup. Ryan was playing with 4 hole pistons again from another track. He started tweaking on the setup with those in and came up this new setup. I had gone back to 2 hole pistons and we definately still see the benefits to 2 hole pistons still and will be looking at the shock package once again to see if we can get the handling benefits of the new setup with the shock benefits of the 2 hole piston. That is next on the list of things to play with but for now the setup posted is using 4 hole "stock" pistons.

Front springs are black. Diffs are 5-7-5
Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Most of us have extra pistons from 1.0 or shock rebuild kits. I think they gave you extra pistons in the extra parts bag. Maybe I am wrong?

#55 is about 1.3mm. We were running the #55 holes. No modification. #55 is actually 1.32mm I think so slightly larger.

We typically ran 32.5/30 with the two hole piston setup.
Thanks Casper. I've got 4 hole SCTE pistons coming out the wazoo I've got so many of them. I just meant that I've got two sets of shocks so I can swap between 2 hole and 4 hole quickly between runs if I want.

I would still love a o-ring pack so I don't have to buy 2 rebuild kits to get my o rings and end up with a bunch of extra crap I don't need... Bladders?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

I have to say, at LEAST go to the 5 in the rear. You can get away with 5/5/5, but you need the extra grip coming out of the corner to settle the rear end with the extra steering the truck should have now.

I have not run this setup around a 2 hole setup and given what I did with the 4 hole setup, I have no idea what I would do and I need to try it. I am still refining the 4 hole setup and think it may even need lighter oil in the rear especially when cold.

I am just trying to get data out to anyone who may be interested as soon as I have it.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

OK I see where you're coming from on the diff oil in the rear. I'll see what I can get done tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.