Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got a question about Horizon's parts availability. I have 2 SCTE 1.0's and i love these trucks! My LHS scared me a little today by saying Losi has made questionable decisions about canceling platforms such as the slider etc in the past. He said just like that, no parts availability. What are the chances that my "outdated" 1.0's would be affected in the coming years? I'm still learning about what will fit on my 1.0's from the 2.0 platform and I'm afraid if there is a 3.0, parts for my trucks could become scarce. Am I worried for nothing?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corvetteii
I've got a question about Horizon's parts availability. I have 2 SCTE 1.0's and i love these trucks! My LHS scared me a little today by saying Losi has made questionable decisions about canceling platforms such as the slider etc in the past. He said just like that, no parts availability. What are the chances that my "outdated" 1.0's would be affected in the coming years? I'm still learning about what will fit on my 1.0's from the 2.0 platform and I'm afraid if there is a 3.0, parts for my trucks could become scarce. Am I worried for nothing?
We sell parts for AT LEAST 24 months after we stop making a vehicle (not sure any other company has such a policy). Also, most of the 1.0 to 2.0 changes can be updated with just a couple of part updated.

It's a great vehicle of us, you'll have good part support for quite some time.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome, thanks! I'll settle down now. :-)
Old 09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Finally got a 3D printer deal up and running to start making some prototype parts.
Have been messing with SketchUp, exporting some .skp files to .stl format for the makerbot to recognize. Granted what I have done so far is minimal at best, but I just wanted to get something simple to print first before I dive into detailed runs.

Going to make a simple Rx box and the fan/center diff mount to see how my accuracy turns out in resolution.

Once I get these out of the way this week sometime I plan to get into some technical parts fabrication to play with some design theories and other ideas I have for 2.0.

Also, Vision Racing made me a rear battery mount block-plate out of CF for rear mounting my HW ESC. An initial concern was raised CG, but honestly I can't tell a difference in chassis roll at all and it has seemed to help my truck over steep face jumps with the weight being shifted more rearward. Also I will now be able to eliminate a lot of wire which will shave off a few grams and has made mounting the short sensor wired hobbywing a breeze.
I still get plenty of dig around the corners and finished 3rd in the last race I ran. Not bad considering I had never ran that track before. The truck is blasting through everything very well and the only reason I didn't win was my lack of driving ability.

Last edited by Josh L; 09-11-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Made a screw removable ESC mount plate tonight. Used kydex as a prototype material, but will 3D print a precise version this week.
The idea behind this one is so one can remove the ESC without fooling with two side tape or velcro. I plan to use a really thin rubber bumper on the bottom so as to provide a shock absorber to further protect the unit. Also, if you have a screw hole in the bottom of the ESC case, like the Hobbywing SCT pro has, then you don't even need to tape the ESC to the plate.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nice josh .
how about something to cover the center diff and spur.
I run on loam and a pebble can ruin a spur quick.
thanks
mike
Old 09-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
nice josh .
how about something to cover the center diff and spur.
I run on loam and a pebble can ruin a spur quick.
thanks
mike
Yeah that is something I had thought about before, but I never did anything past thinking about it since I never had problems with the mod1 stuff.
But go figure, just today I sucked up a rubbery like twig/vine and it somehow caught in a way that it sucked right down the middle of the spur and pinion and left a groove right down the middle of the spur all the way around it.
So what I guess I'll do is make a mold cap with the 3D printer. Interestingly enough, with an nozzle extruded unit like I use, if you set the printer resolution to low it honey combs the inner structure as a filler instead of solidifying. What that means is you can pass or draw air though the entire part. Giving this factor some thought means I should be able to cap the base of the part with clay to seal it to a perforated board and use the original 3D printed part as a master vacuum form for molding heated lexan! I will give the theory a try within the next week. If it works like I anticipate, I may be able to make a run of those for you guys.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds good
Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

what is the part num for just the oring seals in the shocks and the diffs
Old 09-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

you cannot get just the orings for the shocks. you will have to buy the rebuild kit unfortunately or find a metric size x-ring which is nearly impossible however I have heard Kyosho X rings fit. just go to Google and type in SCTE 2.0 explode. you will get a full exploded view of every part with its number. also search bulletproof diff on these forums and you will see a guide to using different parts for better diff rebuilds
Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hello Peeps. I bought another scte 2.0 to race and need some help. I use Dunfords set-up on the first page of this forum and I can not to save my life find the part number for the 22#55 shock pistons, could someone be kind enough to provide me the part number for these shock pistons,,, Thanks Millions,
Old 09-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
Hello Peeps. I bought another scte 2.0 to race and need some help. I use Dunfords set-up on the first page of this forum and I can not to save my life find the part number for the 22#55 shock pistons, could someone be kind enough to provide me the part number for these shock pistons,,, Thanks Millions,
TLR233009
Old 09-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Thank you SIR..
Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
They'll be 3mm shorter, but you can just "oval" out the holes a little to work without issue.
Frank. I had a losi scte 2.0 about a year ago and sold it but kept my body.
Will these drilled body holes still line up with the current losi scte 2.0 model body post?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rifraf
Frank. I had a losi scte 2.0 about a year ago and sold it but kept my body.
Will these drilled body holes still line up with the current losi scte 2.0 model body post?
I know you asked Frank, but yes the body will fit. The revision was just a few upgrades on part dexterity, rather than any dimension changes between the v1 and v2. Frank is talking about the -3mm chassis that is still an option part

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.