TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Well said
Old 07-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Trust me TLR and other companies read the boards and they are listening they are also not blind to the competition as well as the aftermarket. However they will not always agree with what others are doing or all the keyboard engineers. They test a lot of things and do there best to come up with products that meet the needs of the majority and this will obviously not always please everyone but as has been eloquently stated a large aspect of the hobby involves tinkering and many times there are ways to mix and match stuff to put 8th scale shocks on your SCTE or do different things. The all mighty dremel can do amazing things in the hands of a tinkering hobbiest!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If the argument is whether the scte could have better shocks then yes it could. If the issue is whether it should have bigger shocks it's not an issue imo since there has been aftermarket towers for running 8ight shocks available for years. Some guys love the big shocks. If you want to try them then put them on and give us some feedback. Put them on upside down and let us know how it works. For most of us who run the truck on medium to high bite, going to bigger shocks probably wouldn't be worth it for the extra weight and higher cog. I say probably because I haven't tried it myself. I have tried to lighten my truck as much as I can, so putting bigger shocks on it is going in the wrong direction for what I want.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I put a set 4 scte shocks with springs on my digital scale and got 114 grams

I don't have an eight but I have a mugen short course truck that uses mbx6 shocks
4 16mm mugen shocks and springs came to 156 grams
Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Just as I really dont get why everytime someone uses "they aren't the greatest ever" or "they could be better" yet stays on the defense about it when someone has something to say.
There's one factor you do not appear to be considering when you say you don't "get it."

That is: A very large number of people can actually afford to buy a Losi SCTE because they engineered good shocks, as opposed to perfect shocks.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

At Beachline Raceway last weekend, JR Mitch smoked everyone in Pro 4. It's not the shocks holding you back. His truck looked amazing.

He actually pointed out that I wasn't getting full throw with my steering horn. I can't wait to get my truck back out there.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
There's one factor you do not appear to be considering when you say you don't "get it."

That is: A very large number of people can actually afford to buy a Losi SCTE because they engineered good shocks, as opposed to perfect shocks.
That statement was completely in rebuttal to the previous comment, so you shouldn't take it as politically correct.
I am aware of manufacturing cost and production squeezing.
As a matter of fact I am not the run of the mill "keyboard engineer" as I've been pegged and just might have a lot more knowledge in a wider spectrum than am given credit in such fields, including marketing and sales.
My Dad and I build and race real cars from almost scratch, so I am not completely in the dark in the matter of chassis design.
Heck, I could build an entire RC platform with the tools I have access to, such as 3D printers, laser cutters and CNC machines.
I know how to run CAD and how to process a physics engine in solid works and other fine calculator software to show theoretical results before the first machine is fired. So I do of all people certainly know what it takes and what goes into producing a finalized product. Some of my creations in the paintball industry are still being sold around the world, such as my original snap lock holster system through skunkworks PB and several others that where gobbled up by big corp before I was smart enough to start copy righting my inventions and or improvements to existing concepts.
I don't like to blow my own horn, nor am I here to do so or act like I know more than I do. What I am trying to do is to raise debate and consider what "the pros", and what multiple users think along with my personal findings.
In a statistical scenario, business and performance wise, it's usually the only way to find the best fine medium to build from.
I catch heat for that in here and I'm sorry if you lean against what I do or how I go about it, but within the last several postings I have heard many opinions and have acquired a lot of detailed input from said individuals that will inevitably prove beneficial when I am ready to create things myself.
I already hold a few patent copyrights on somethings that will change the shock world as you fellas know it, and oil ins't even in the picture.
Times and things change and I want to be at the swords tip when it does.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-3acaef9.jpg.cf.jpg  
Old 07-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who'd of guessed that response?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

I have a SCTE 1.0 from day one, have been racing it on the most extreme outdoor and indoor conditions and the shocks has never leaked (never been rebuilt). Also have a 2.0 and shocks never leak either. Have never heard of any SCTE shocks leaking from the three tracks I race at.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a 1.0 that was updated to a 2.0 got it used and have changed oil in mine a couple times and never had them apart other than the shock caps to change oil, and never had a single leak. And I am in the learning stages of racing off road and am harder than others on it. However I do see what Josh is saying, and I also see what others are saying as well. Kind of hard to debate something on the forums when text has no emotion behind it and can be taken many ways.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

To add a positive comment to this thread

I own both the TLR SCTE 2.0 and the Tekno SCT410.3, they are both awesome trucks. You can definitely win with either and my lap times are almost identical in either truck. I mentioned to another racer, one is like a deer and the other is like a bull; however, they both get around the track super fast and either one can get you on the podium.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Need help.
After running on the track for a minute or so my truck loses complete power and regains it in a second or 2 And continues to do it periodically when I left off and gas it in a turn.

The esc has been reseted when I changed transmitters and Im running a different battery. I'm assuming it's a program on the esc maybe low voltage sensor but it doesn't flash like the manual states or completely stops working like when you run your battery down.
All batteries are charged and all have this issue. Wires all look good.

-tekin pro4 4600 13/41 gears
-Orion vortex r8
-dx3c
-pro match 6500 70c
-motor temp 145-150 after 6-7 laps
-esc temp 110-130
- med-high bite small clay track

Any suggestions? First time messing with the esc programs.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgod

Mate, this is just gold, almost fell of my chair

Just to stay on topic, love my SCTE shocks, no issues at all.

Last edited by RossNZ; 07-30-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Just as I really dont get why everytime someone uses "they aren't the greatest ever" or "they could be better" yet stays on the defense about it when someone has something to say. If everyone in history just sat in silence then what exactly is the point in the hobby besides just running what you got? Why is there an aftermarket at all with that logic. If I were a company like Losi I would appreciate the criticism in respect to trusting my company to produce more upgrades instead of seeing my customers always go else where to get the things they want for hop ups or even worse, going with another platform altogether. People like you are content and that is fine, but there is another sect to the hobby that include people like myself who equally enjoy tinkering and improving. Consider that next time you decide to jump on a band wagon.
I can tell by your 90 post count and your March 2015 entry date that you haven't been on this site very long. Maybe after you have been here for a few years you will understand what I mean by whining.

Last edited by blade329; 07-30-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.