Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Haha ... Come on ... For one all losi owners should know what "hopped up" means. I'm pretty sure losi invented the term!!!

Anyways I like my jammin but last weekend agravated me... Ill give it a few more runs and by then maybe it will be march and the kit will be shipping.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
No, its all driver...Keep in mind that Matt has been driving the MIP laced truck for some time now and Anthony just got his 2.0 and its not like you just get a truck and nail driving it the very first time. You can have the fastest truck in town but if you cant drive its not gonna do chit for you
+1
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ussprinceton
...after some members' suggestions and doing some reading, I've decided to get the HobbyWing Xerun SCT Pro C2 3656SD 4000kv Sensored Brushless Combo. So, now I need to know what is the lowest C rating LiPo battery can I use safely? Is a 25C 2S LiPo too low of a C rating for that SCT Pro esc and 3656SD 4000kv motor combo? I prefer to get advice from those who have actually ran that particular combo. But, I don't mind hearing what others have to say about it.
Some have pumped up the newer SMC packs... but myself I've been running the IP intellect 6800mah and 7200mAH 2s packs that can be had for reasonable $'s and are 70c & 80c.. this is about where you want to be for these battery hogs crap packs do die fast in these setups.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ussprinceton
...after some members' suggestions and doing some reading, I've decided to get the HobbyWing Xerun SCT Pro C2 3656SD 4000kv Sensored Brushless Combo. So, now I need to know what is the lowest C rating LiPo battery can I use safely? Is a 25C 2S LiPo too low of a C rating for that SCT Pro esc and 3656SD 4000kv motor combo? I prefer to get advice from those who have actually ran that particular combo. But, I don't mind hearing what others have to say about it.

Don't waste your money on these then...

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dos Andos

Don't waste your money on these then...
I ran a set of those orion carbons for a full season and they were outstanding, zero issues.. but I have heard more and more folks complaining about those Orion packs. Maybe quality control is off They are 'older' packs now, not giving them an excuse for crap quality. But I'd stick with the newer gen's of lipo's myself.

Don't run any of these 2s packs to LVC when you can help it, you shouldn't hit that in a race and you shouldn't hit that in practice! Set the LVC high 3.2min more if you are worried about your packs life. Remember the lower the voltage goes in the lipo the higher the amp draw for the same output. You don't slow down as you run down your pack. Most lipo's die from two things.. bad connections or battery plugs that are not secure and arc causing melting and heat issues and simlpy pushing them too hard at the bottom of the pack, I see guys take their packs to LVC all the time and those packs never hold up as long over time. We put a big load on them, be nice and they will be nice back

This is just an example to show what I mean...

Motor pulls 700watts

700w = 8.4v * 83amps
700w = 6.4v * 109amps
700w = 6.0v * 117amps

Amps and heat are what wear and destroy so limit exposure and extend life
Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Stick with the cheaper lipos like 2s Nanotech , G-Force 50c or higher lipos and they hold up better than the more expensive ones.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
This is just an example to show what I mean...

Motor pulls 700watts

700w = 8.4v * 83amps
700w = 6.4v * 109amps
700w = 6.0v * 117amps

Amps and heat are what wear and destroy so limit exposure and extend life
People do that calculation all the time and it is not a valid representation of what happens when your battery volts go down. When you are about to dump your truck simply isn't as fast as it was when you were running on the freshly charged battery. Everybody knows that.

So it follows, you are not pulling the same watts when you are about to dump as when the battery was fully charged. Thus you don't pull more amps at 6.0V than you did at 8.4V. It just doesn't make sense that a lower voltage will pump more current through the same electric resistance. You can see that is true if you look at any data logger graphs over a long duration. The peak watts goes down over time.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Getting off topic of the original thread post lol
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOTORAMA
Oh understandable. But what is the advantage of one over the other when comparing apples to apples to justify spending the extra 90 bucks. What does the 2.0 chassis upgrades do that the MIP kit doesn't. Do you get more parts in the kit for the MIP I saw a pic on Nitro house and it looks like it has springs, pistons, turnbuckles ect as well as everything for the chasse for the new weight distribution.

Where are the kits made? Does one of the companies make their products in America?

Again thank you for all the help and information.
I would wait for the 2.0, for one the mip you lose droop adjustment i believe you get sometype of tuning blocks. Im very true to original brands thou, i have all losi brand stuff on my truck no off brand upgrades. Also, I haven't seen any of our local guys do that well with it yet.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta_man
People do that calculation all the time and it is not a valid representation of what happens when your battery volts go down. When you are about to dump your truck simply isn't as fast as it was when you were running on the freshly charged battery. Everybody knows that.

So it follows, you are not pulling the same watts when you are about to dump as when the battery was fully charged. Thus you don't pull more amps at 6.0V than you did at 8.4V. It just doesn't make sense that a lower voltage will pump more current through the same electric resistance. You can see that is true if you look at any data logger graphs over a long duration. The peak watts goes down over time.
I think maybe this is some of the issue.. what people don't get. You are still pulling the throttle the same, the performance is different because the lipo cannot provide the AMP's needed to complete that formula. This of course doesn't mean the system isn't trying to do that, everything gets hot trying to do what it cannot. This is EXACTLY the point Reistance/heat goes up as voltage drops, this isn't something to dispute, that is why people like HV systems so much. All Im getting at is if you want your packs to last be smart about the use, just a common sense approach. Last post on this sorry.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

This is my practice / bashing battery...

10,000 mAh 40-80c 2s haha
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOTORAMA
Oh understandable. But what is the advantage of one over the other when comparing apples to apples to justify spending the extra 90 bucks. What does the 2.0 chassis upgrades do that the MIP kit doesn't. Do you get more parts in the kit for the MIP I saw a pic on Nitro house and it looks like it has springs, pistons, turnbuckles ect as well as everything for the chasse for the new weight distribution.

Where are the kits made? Does one of the companies make their products in America?

Again thank you for all the help and information.
The MIP kit is a great value but is most definately different weight bias than the new 2.0 as well as sideguards and everything else we use. You can assess what is best for you.

Originally Posted by Grandturk
And Matt's been whipping everyone for the last year. Kid is fast.
He is SUPER fast. Way faster than me. He can drive and now that he is concentrating on 2 classes, he is getting even faster.

Originally Posted by maddog9
I would wait for the 2.0, for one the mip you lose droop adjustment i believe you get sometype of tuning blocks. Im very true to original brands thou, i have all losi brand stuff on my truck no off brand upgrades. Also, I haven't seen any of our local guys do that well with it yet.
The two are different and the droop adjustment is one thing you lose, but its your call.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is the scte 2.0 still set to come out the 7th of march?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

According to the horizon dealer webstie it says ETA 3/1
Old 02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
According to the horizon dealer webstie it says ETA 3/1
We are shooting for this date at this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.