Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
I think your diffs are too high for carpet. I ran my 2.0 on carpet and had the same issues you described. Depending on the track, when our layout didn't have corners that were high speed, I took off the sway bars and the truck handled great. The layout changed and a couple fast 's' sections forced me to put them back on. For diffs, I ran 5-7-3 without complaints. Also, 4wd likes to roll in a turn if your off power. On carpet it took a little practice to make sure your on the power a little so it doesn't hook and flip

Thanks.

I will reduce centre diff to 7 and work on sway bars
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, I could use some assistance in picking some electronics for my SCTE 2.0. I have a Schuur Speed Extreme SPEC 540 4300Kv 4Pole 4x4 motor that came with it when I bought it on here. I need some recommendations for an ESC and a servo that is appropriate for a SC 4x4. Additionally, what will be a good starting point for gearing? It will mostly be ran on an outdoor track of decent size.

Thanks all!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kenexcelon
Hey guys, I could use some assistance in picking some electronics for my SCTE 2.0. I have a Schuur Speed Extreme SPEC 540 4300Kv 4Pole 4x4 motor that came with it when I bought it on here. I need some recommendations for an ESC and a servo that is appropriate for a SC 4x4. Additionally, what will be a good starting point for gearing? It will mostly be ran on an outdoor track of decent size.

Thanks all!

The Speckrum S6040 servo is pretty good on this truck and priced very good ! ESC well ive had good luck with the BH 120 LT4 ESC grated i never ran it on a sensored mode on the motor just sensoredless .

Motor you have sounds good never ran them just Tenshock 401 4600KV motor.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks all!
Common sensored ESC's used with this truck (and v1.0)
- Tekin RX8 (1st & 2nd Gen) - main issue is price
- Hobbywing SCT Pro - less programmable, but a lot cheaper and still very fast and smooth, ensure you install the latest firmware update (fixes sensored mode dropout issue)
- Orion R10 Pro - ensure you install the latest firmware update (better for 4 pole)
- Mamba Max Pro (?) - RTR came with it, definitely need external BEC

Servos:
- anything over 150oz/in, and faster than 0.15sec
Common choices:
- Savox 1258TG, 1256TG
- Radiopost Green (pricy, but apparently amazing)
- Protek High Torque servo (good price)
Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks all!
I am running Hobbywing Sct-pro esc in my 2.0 and couldn't be happier its a great speedo for the $$. Gearing for that motor 14/15 tooth should work depending on track size.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
Common sensored ESC's used with this truck (and v1.0)
- Tekin RX8 (1st & 2nd Gen) - main issue is price
- Hobbywing SCT Pro - less programmable, but a lot cheaper and still very fast and smooth, ensure you install the latest firmware update (fixes sensored mode dropout issue)
- Orion R10 Pro - ensure you install the latest firmware update (better for 4 pole)
- Mamba Max Pro (?) - RTR came with it, definitely need external BEC

Servos:
- anything over 150oz/in, and faster than 0.15sec
Common choices:
- Savox 1258TG, 1256TG
- Radiopost Green (pricy, but apparently amazing)
- Protek High Torque servo (good price)
What's the sensored dropout issue?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you're in the market for an SCT Pro, you can get them cheap here. http://www.falconsekido.com/products...ished-xrsct-bk It says they are new but box is damaged. I got two and boxes were fine...I think they're just making room for the new V3.1. The SCT Pro is pretty sweet though.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
What's the sensored dropout issue?
The official firmware update log is here, where it says:

2013-05-13
database version:130511
1. Database is updated to the latest Version 130511, include new firmware for XERUN-150A and XERUN-SCT-PRO ESC.
Increases the sensor siganl tolerance for the 4 poles sensored motor, increase the reliability of the ESC,
and the startup of motor becomes more powerful and more smooth

I believe that after running for a while, under certain conditions the ESC would have a problem with the sensor signal and then drop into sensorless mode. I used to get this problem quite a bit (even using the HW 3656SD motor) and checked sensor cables all the time to see if that was the problem. With the new firmware it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eddomak
The official firmware update log is here, where it says:

2013-05-13
database version:130511
1. Database is updated to the latest Version 130511, include new firmware for XERUN-150A and XERUN-SCT-PRO ESC.
Increases the sensor siganl tolerance for the 4 poles sensored motor, increase the reliability of the ESC,
and the startup of motor becomes more powerful and more smooth

I believe that after running for a while, under certain conditions the ESC would have a problem with the sensor signal and then drop into sensorless mode. I used to get this problem quite a bit (even using the HW 3656SD motor) and checked sensor cables all the time to see if that was the problem. With the new firmware it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check and see if I have the latest firmware.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

rcgod and TCCustoms > Thank you.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Can anyone help me understand Dakotah's latest setup as I can't understand the following of his front suspension;

1. Limiter/Droop - Remove button head pads - What does this mean? Remove the big fat setscrew or something else?
2. Overall shock length - Full plus shock eyelets 2 turns - What does this mean?
3. Bump steer - Ball side down on inside, 2mm bump washers - What does this mean?
4. Notes - 1 up insert on front outer, 1 down insert on front inner, 2mm washers under outside ball (bump) - - What does this mean?

Would appreciate if someone can clearly explain how to do these 4 steps.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sivaaji
Can anyone help me understand Dakotah's latest setup as I can't understand the following of his front suspension;

1. Limiter/Droop - Remove button head pads - What does this mean? Remove the big fat setscrew or something else?
2. Overall shock length - Full plus shock eyelets 2 turns - What does this mean?
3. Bump steer - Ball side down on inside, 2mm bump washers - What does this mean?
4. Notes - 1 up insert on front outer, 1 down insert on front inner, 2mm washers under outside ball (bump) - - What does this mean?

Would appreciate if someone can clearly explain how to do these 4 steps.

Thanks
1. Remove the small button head screws from the chassis under the arms. Allows more droop. You aren't using the droop screws in the arms to limit droop so the pads on the chassis aren't needed. They are there to keep the droop screws from galling the aluminum chassis.

2. Turn the shock ends in on the shaft until they bottom, and back off 2 turns.

3. On the steering tie rods, put the inside where it mounts to the steering rack so the rod is towards the bottom of the truck. They are offset. Put 2mm washers/spacers under where the steering tie rod screws to the steering spindle. This changes the bump steer.

4. On the inserts in the front arm mounts, you want to tilt the arms back, so put the 1 inserts up in the front mount, and 1 inserts down in the rear mounts.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gumleguf
rcgod and TCCustoms > Thank you.
no problem..thats what we are here for and always try to help if i can
Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting as they have the same one not refurbished for 10 dollars more currently on sale here. Is it worth it still to get the refurb? I didn't see a package deal with the programmer card, is there one?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
If you're in the market for an SCT Pro, you can get them cheap here. http://www.falconsekido.com/products...ished-xrsct-bk It says they are new but box is damaged. I got two and boxes were fine...I think they're just making room for the new V3.1. The SCT Pro is pretty sweet though.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hate to ask a silly question, but could you point me to a correct pinion? I thought I found one but part compatibility was only listed for the 8 scale buggy from Losi. Would I need to change the spur gearing as well?

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by hkrob
I am running Hobbywing Sct-pro esc in my 2.0 and couldn't be happier its a great speedo for the $$. Gearing for that motor 14/15 tooth should work depending on track size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.