Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree7Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Reply

Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
  #3946  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ryan, why don't you post the new setup on the first page. It's going to get hard to find after a few more pages of posts.
Jedev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
  #3947  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,543
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jedev View Post
Ryan, why don't you post the new setup on the first page. It's going to get hard to find after a few more pages of posts.
I would like to try to get some feedback on the new setup first from the forum and then I will gladly place it up on the first post.
hacker07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM
  #3948  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I would like to try to get some feedback on the new setup first from the forum and then I will gladly place it up on the first post.
I'd love to try this setup - and I know you already said put the whole setup on it - but for loose outdoor - the diff setup seems kind of counterintuitive to me. Looks like I'd be sacrificing traction with 5-7-5 vs the 5-5-3 that I normally run.

Other than that it's close to what I have already except it goes back to the old pistons.
Grandturk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM
  #3949  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,851
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I'd love to try this setup - and I know you already said put the whole setup on it - but for loose outdoor - the diff setup seems kind of counterintuitive to me. Looks like I'd be sacrificing traction with 5-7-5 vs the 5-5-3 that I normally run.

Other than that it's close to what I have already except it goes back to the old pistons.
We were looking for more steering and went up in center diff and up in rear diff and to a stiffer front spring. To be honest none of this made any sense to me but it works . Give it a try.
Casper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
  #3950  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We were looking for more steering and went up in center diff and up in rear diff and to a stiffer front spring. To be honest none of this made any sense to me but it works . Give it a try.
Well the two things that interest me - the kick up angle is flatter and the wheelbase is longer. I'm looking for more bump handling as we're running outside on big blown out 1/8 loose tracks. I'd like to have a little more grip it and rip it through the rutted up sections. The longer wheel base would help with that but the flatter kick would take away from it.

I'll build a spare Set of shocks with the old pistons and give them a try again. Honestly I feel like my truck is good enough that I can leave it as is and just work on the driver!
Grandturk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM
  #3951  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,851
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Well the two things that interest me - the kick up angle is flatter and the wheelbase is longer. I'm looking for more bump handling as we're running outside on big blown out 1/8 loose tracks. I'd like to have a little more grip it and rip it through the rutted up sections. The longer wheel base would help with that but the flatter kick would take away from it.

I'll build a spare Set of shocks with the old pistons and give them a try again. Honestly I feel like my truck is good enough that I can leave it as is and just work on the driver!
We are running max kickup with this setup. (1 up in the front and 1 down in the rear). This will help with the bump handling.
Casper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 PM
  #3952  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We are running max kickup with this setup. (1 up in the front and 1 down in the rear). This will help with the bump handling.
Ah sah..... Read that wrong. Thought it was opposite. OK I'm sold on the geometry, then. Guess I'm wrenching tonight!
Grandturk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
  #3953  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,851
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ah sah..... Read that wrong. Thought it was opposite. OK I'm sold on the geometry, then. Guess I'm wrenching tonight!
Yeah current layout at OCRC right now has this pretty knarly washboard section before a big jump and the extra kick up really help the truck rip through that section. Not the reason we made the change but a nice side benefit.
Casper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
  #3954  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,543
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ah sah..... Read that wrong. Thought it was opposite. OK I'm sold on the geometry, then. Guess I'm wrenching tonight!
The other thing is if a track is blown out, I would consider going to 5/5/5.

Keep in mind, this is the first setup we have really worked on with the weight bias where it is today. Weight bias is a huge performance factor and also changes how different oils work.
hacker07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #3955  
Moderator
iTrader: (20)
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
bds81175 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM
  #3956  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Apple Valley
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
Actually is not an idiot question i would like to know my self , after all we are all here to learn right ?
mavdriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
  #3957  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What's the hole size on the #3 pistons. Anyone know? Anyone drill these out?
Grandturk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  #3958  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (70)
 
RiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
Well in my truck I have extra diffs with different oils the center is easy to change between rounds about 5 mins the front and rear take a little longer but are still doable between rounds. But if you don't have spare diffs it will be a little hard to get them swaped. This is why I try to get to the track and practice and tune the car
RiceP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM
  #3959  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 3,081
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
Correct. Sounds like your center diff fluid is too light and under acceleration the front tires are spinning faster than the rear. With the more rearward weight bias of the 2.0 you'll probably want to go to 7k center. If you have a power driver it should only take 10-15 minutes to change center diff fluid.
rcgod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
  #3960  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Well got my scte2.0 out with the new motor (Pro 4 hd 3500) and wow!

Between the new motor and new track layout with grip this thing is a beast! truely enjoyed running it today! just wanted to say... im gonna try the new diff setup since we run on a high bite tight turn track.
agarabaghi is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service