Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Just a little psyched for the weekend -

Dang nice ! I thought about getting a custom painted or just a wrap on my body but which short course racing it just gets beat up anyways . So i stick to basic paint jobs one color or a two tune.

Are they Blockcades M3 ? I run them too work pretty good on the loose dirt and the Groves kind of.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Looking good. Even got some retro stickers on there!
Oh yeah you know it! The TLR stickers just don't look like Losi to me! The SoCal graffiti logo just looks right. I'm constantly on the lookout of XXX and Losi Super Truck sticker sheets.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Dang nice ! I thought about getting a custom painted or just a wrap on my body but which short course racing it just gets beat up anyways . So i stick to basic paint jobs one color or a two tune.

Are they Blockcades M3 ? I run them too work pretty good on the loose dirt and the Groves kind of.
So I figure between liquid mask, 4-5 rattle cans and time and effort it's about the same as having it painted for me.

M4 blockades. I had m3 last year and they never hooked up for me and never wore out. Went m4 this year - nothing but Supersoft.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Glitches like as in your servo or cogging of the ESC?

That's nice.... but I have R10 Pro's

Yes as a link to PC.... I have the Orion Box

I just sold my Backup RX8 to ready for the Gen II ... but taking way too long. So I run what I have here... the Orion R10 Pro.... I wanted input from those that run this combo. I here different comments here and there.... but I need input from people with the R10 Pro / Tekin 4600 combo users. I always appreciate all comments though!

I guess I have to find out for myself anyway, and when the White RX8 Gen II finally does come out... believe me I will pop one in for a Ride. But I am an I need it now guy. Thanks again for all your input!
Yea cogging esc glitches, the Orion box is a tad pricey. Been looking for the Hobby Wing alternative.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingofcool999
Sorry if this has been covered already on this thread... but... The outdrives on all three of my diffs are really sloppy. I double checked, they are assembled correctly. Is this a known issue? Anyone else seeing this?
Make sure when you are putting the cvd on the pinion gear that you push the gear in as far as you can ( from inside the diff case) and push the outdrive onto the output shaft as far as you can then tighten the set screw. If you have alot of play you are changing the gear mesh as you drive the truck.

If the trk is already assembled and you don't want to disassemble, then use gravity. example. loosen the rear cvd set screw, stand the trk straight up and down facing down..might want to lightly tap on the back of the trk to be sure the pinion gear is as far forward as possible, then gently push the cvd on and tighten set screw.

As for the sloppy center diff out drives. The king heads dual bearing center suports (front and rear) fix this issue ( same as the 1.0 guys had to do).

Mike
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Prophet

I wouldnt worry about the sloppy outdrives inless your using the old stock Outdrives than yea because of leaks. The Lighten outdrives do have some wobble even with the HD diff cup in the center but really its not a big deal it will still run fine.

The HD cups take a lot of slop out !
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Ok guys Im building the 2.0 on a budget to try to get my son involved in racing rc and Im wondering if any of you have tried the viper system VIP6VSVX4R451 - Viper R/C Copperhead-R ESC & VX4R.45 4-Pole 550 Sensorless Brushless Motor Combo (4500kV) give me your thoughts please. Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMenard17
Ok guys Im building the 2.0 on a budget to try to get my son involved in racing rc and Im wondering if any of you have tried the viper system VIP6VSVX4R451 - Viper R/C Copperhead-R ESC & VX4R.45 4-Pole 550 Sensorless Brushless Motor Combo (4500kV) give me your thoughts please. Thanks in advance
I've heard folks mention it on the Viper thread. Sounds like they are pretty smooth for a sensorless system. Not sure if they are still on sale but they were about giving those things away a couple weeks ago...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
I've heard folks mention it on the Viper thread. Sounds like they are pretty smooth for a sensorless system. Not sure if they are still on sale but they were about giving those things away a couple weeks ago...
I want to ask about the system in the viper thread but I dont want fanboy opinions lol. thanks for the reply.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

I really like the looks of the new Losi body but they really need to mold it from 0.40" lexon. I measure down to 0.10" on high drawn surfaces. Don't spend a lot of time painting these bodies. Too bad because it is just so cool of a body.j
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a very smooth system; it feels almost like it is sensored. I've tested their systems in a couple of my cars. A friend of mine at the track had his motor/esc combo crap out the day before a big race. I let him use the Viper system for the weekend and he liked it too.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanadianNascar

Yea cogging esc glitches, the Orion box is a tad pricey. Been looking for the Hobby Wing alternative.
Go with the Hobby Wing 120a SCT Pro esc. They are much better than the Orion, and even better than the RX8 IMHO. I have switched over to using it in all of my SCT and 1/8 buggy / truggy.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Initiate

What is the correct measurement between front and rear body post mounting centers? I have a measurement of 325 mm on my RTR. However the 2.0 is coming in at 10 mm less which means the bodies aren't interchangeable between the 2 vehicles.

The 2.0 has 4 spacers (part number TLR231006) which aren't on the RTR. This would account for the difference but maybe I have made a construction error?

Is there any particular reason why the spacers are needed on the 2.0 kit?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poolebay

Is there any particular reason why the spacers are needed on the 2.0 kit?
the spacers are used to clearance the shock, otherwise they rub the body mounts. You can just put the spacers on the other side of the tower and run the 1.0 locations on your body if you want, but then will not be able to adjust your shock mounting positions as easily.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

hey mx are you uesding a sct 120 pro in your truggy how that handle for you
Old 05-17-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Go with the hobby wing sct pro and either 4000 or 4700kv motor. Both have excellent rip and if your looking for more runtime go with the smaller kv.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.