Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye
That what I was thinking. Maybe 20 if you got a really clean mounting system with no drilling required.Can't tell from pics how your mounting it.
ya, but the MIP cowl is $10 plus like $3 shipping(or so on ebay) and that will cover the whole front end
Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by easye
That what I was thinking. Maybe 20 if you got a really clean mounting system with no drilling required.Can't tell from pics how your mounting it.
attaches to the receiver via hook and loop Velcro
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Anyone else that raced a modded 1.0 and currently have the 2.0 liked the 1.0 better? Maybe it's because I was so comfortable with my old truck but I'm struggling with the new truck. I know it's not in my head because a couple of guys I race with stuck with their old trucks and I used to be able to run with or beat them and now I'm getting beat every week. Maybe I'm tripping but been thinking of converting mine back to a 1.0 layout.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I used to race a stock 1.0 only thing I did was put 5-5-3 in the diffs and 30wt all the way around, I TQed and won with that every race I went to with it around here. Now I have the 2.0 and I still TQ and win every time I've raced it but I definitely want my 1.0 back but my old truck wasn't roar legal as far as weight, over sized 2s and motor so I keep the 2.0 just so I can say that it's all roar legal.

The main thing I don't like is I don't have near as much steering as my old truck, anyone know how I can get more I'm still running mostly kit setup.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

The 2.0 is definitely a more balanced and lively truck with the new weight placement. It will require a little different driving style to the 1.0 so I would suggest give it some time and try to learn how to drive the new truck.
Get in a good day practicing to get a god feel for it and to get comfortable in how and where you can push it to do what you want.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Smile Yes

Originally Posted by rcgod
Anyone else that raced a modded 1.0 and currently have the 2.0 liked the 1.0 better? Maybe it's because I was so comfortable with my old truck but I'm struggling with the new truck. I know it's not in my head because a couple of guys I race with stuck with their old trucks and I used to be able to run with or beat them and now I'm getting beat every week. Maybe I'm tripping but been thinking of converting mine back to a 1.0 layout.
Hard to tell, I had an OK weekend with it first time out... Top of the B main .
Bump up to A finished mid pack. Had too much tire, was highsiding easy.
Need the right tire and do some setup changes. Too soon to tell. It flew well over jumps and was lighter. I say stick to it and lets us know of your setup changes! I will do the same!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My 1.0 has all the mods and I love it! But its just matter of finding the right setup. I'm still trying different oil weights/springs. Looking for less nose dive and more overall steering. Today, went to harder springs. Next time I'll play with diff oils from 5/7/2 to 4 or 3/7/2 (any advice?). One of the bullets broke (I suck at soldering) so that ruined my day.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Cool

Hi guys dont go back to the 1.0 I had one and loved it. I would TQ and win alot then i switched to the 2.0 and I could not win or tq, but after 3 race days and a few days of practice I got the hang of it and I cut 1.5secs of my fastest lap time and I am back to being one of the fast guy at my LHS so dont give up just get familiar with it cuz its one hell of a truck!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Won Pro4 with my scte 2.0.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

First place was a 2.0 and the blue one was a 2.0
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

I did drive the 2.0 SCTE once at a tight indoor Carpet track and i could tell it does have more steering and turn in than the 1.0 . You can push it into the turns a little bit more.

As you guys know and myself stock or modded 1.0 you kind of got to drive it like a 1/8 scale buggy. You can push it still but it lets you know when your overdriving it for sure ! Biggest thing is getting enough steering with the 1.0.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The only experience i have to compare the 1.0 to the 2.0 truck is on indoor tacky clay tight track. There i am about half a second quicker with the 2.0, My diffs are completely different, seemed like i could go higher diffs on the 1.0. A couple people in my area are struggling with a setup that is perfect. Im going to the dunford standard setup with the 2 hole 1.3mm pistons and just drive it like that.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voloc
I used to race a stock 1.0 only thing I did was put 5-5-3 in the diffs and 30wt all the way around, I TQed and won with that every race I went to with it around here. Now I have the 2.0 and I still TQ and win every time I've raced it but I definitely want my 1.0 back but my old truck wasn't roar legal as far as weight, over sized 2s and motor so I keep the 2.0 just so I can say that it's all roar legal.

The main thing I don't like is I don't have near as much steering as my old truck, anyone know how I can get more I'm still running mostly kit setup.

1.0 Not Roar Legal ? there's no such thing as Too heavy. Nor too much battery. So im kinda confused as to where you think the 1.0 wasn't Roar approved.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
1.0 Not Roar Legal ? there's no such thing as Too heavy. Nor too much battery. So im kinda confused as to where you think the 1.0 wasn't Roar approved.
He said his battery and motor were not roar approved.

And yes, under Roar rules there is such a thing as too much motor and too much battery.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

On the dunford standard setup, what was the temperature outside? If its 60-70 out would i want to go 2.5 shock oils lower all around?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
On the dunford standard setup, what was the temperature outside? If its 60-70 out would i want to go 2.5 shock oils lower all around?
60-80 indoor is pretty typical for that setup. WE don't normally think about going up until it gets into the upper 80's to 90's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.