Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

it's tight but I made mine work.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So....drove the truck for the first time today. Kept trying to do a big triple and it either flew like a plane or nose dived. Needless to say, I broke the rear torque rod and bent the back half of the chassis. Jet wondering what holes you guys are cutting out? I need this think to stop sailing away on me!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok guys got the Tekin pro 4300 4 HD solder up and running with the Castle Mamba pro by the way the pro has 5 to 7 volt bec so no need for seperate bec , also installed the Castle motor fan on the Tekin motor so i can keep the motor cool , i figured the 16 tooth pinion will bring up the heat up a little it turn out it was not a problem motor ran about 150 c with out the fan , i installed later any way just in case when i run it in a tighter track where throttle is going to be demanding , i took it out on the street just to compare the difference in speed between the castle 2400 on 3s same 16 tooth pinion , and the the tekin 4300 kv on 2s with the 16 tooth pinion , WOW i was amazed the 4300 was just a hair slower then the 2400 on 3s , also the lipos were gen ace 3s and 2s were both 40cs can you imagine on thunder power 65cs or any brand lipo 65c for that matter the Tekin would just be a beast also the throttle is very smooth , really happy can`t wait to take out to the track keep you guys posted , now i need to get some 2s 65c packs LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
So....drove the truck for the first time today. Kept trying to do a big triple and it either flew like a plane or nose dived. Needless to say, I broke the rear torque rod and bent the back half of the chassis. Jet wondering what holes you guys are cutting out? I need this think to stop sailing away on me!

Was it windy outside at your track if it is reguardless of what you do to the body etc it will do them kinds of things ! Every SC does it .

Keep on the throttle after you hit the jump or just correct it with the trigger in the air.

Sometimes its the setup on the truck also.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Thats crazy man how did you manage to bend the chassis and break the torque rod, when I first got my 2.0 out on a bash track without any holes cut in the body it flew FLAWLESS!! I did bash my 2.0 when it first was done cause I didn't have time to go to the track I wanted to but I tore it down completely and did maintenance on everything and going to trying 5/7/3 for the diffs. and strictly keep it on a legit track though but I only seized 2 bearing and broke the torque rod end overall the truck is nearly bulletproof as is, but I got a new body and put some holes with my body reamer since I don't have a dremel to make clean cut outs I'll try to get a pic up, but as far as the nose diving I had that problem to but I put my drag brake all the way down and it's cool now
Old 04-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Thats crazy man how did you manage to bend the chassis and break the torque rod, when I first got my 2.0 out on a bash track without any holes cut in the body it flew FLAWLESS!! I did bash my 2.0 when it first was done cause I didn't have time to go to the track I wanted to but I tore it down completely and did maintenance on everything and going to trying 5/7/3 for the diffs. and strictly keep it on a legit track though but I only seized 2 bearing and broke the torque rod end overall the truck is nearly bulletproof as is, but I got a new body and put some holes with my body reamer since I don't have a dremel to make clean cut outs I'll try to get a pic up, but as far as the nose diving I had that problem to but I put my drag brake all the way down and it's cool now
I was having the same problem nose diving just keep throttle up just a hair when going off the jumps , and she flys nice and level , dont hit the brake she wil nose dive anyways that what i found out good luck .
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

I got my tlr 25t aluminum servo horn and I have no extra screws that fit threw the horn into the steering arm, does any1 know the size of the screw
Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There is a sheet with the suggested cutouts that come with the body.

This picture shows the std cutouts as well
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR8061

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I got my tlr 25t aluminum servo horn and I have no extra screws that fit threw the horn into the steering arm, does any1 know the size of the screw
The servo takes a 3mm screw. The arm takes a 4-40 screw.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Got my scte 1.0 roller for sale. It has a BCE chassis with the 2.0 layout on it.
comes with tekin pro4 4600kv, 8 tires and tons of parts and hop ups

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ons-parts.html
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I had same problem with my truck this is first time out, big double to plateau it either parachuted or nose dived I was trying different things and could not get it to always be constant (broke rear bumper) or (stock setup) it would bounce on landing and cause a bad kick that I would wreck I just felt very loose around track,
--Side note Viper VTX8 ran great smooth and ran cool
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ya.....it sucks. Even worse is my friend also had his out for the first time and his did the exact same thing. I just looked and I didn't break a torque rod but the screw is gone. I assume it just sheared the screw in half. He broke his torque rod and bent the chassis in the exact same place
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-image.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Mine is sailing like a kite/nosediving too.
Just snapped the ballcup on the rear diff side because I'm a moron and didn't read the instructions (didn't screw the grubscrew all the way into the ballcup).
Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Dave was that on the big tripple at our kamloops track?
Mine seems to fly perfect for the most part. That's harsh it bent the chassis.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Dave was that on the big tripple at our kamloops track?
Mine seems to fly perfect for the most part. That's harsh it bent the chassis.
Yes it was, if your going to be at the race tomorrow I'd really like to see yours fly!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I bent it back, hopefully I can make it through the day tomorrow.....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.