TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yeah, I ran that esc with the Tekin 4600. You have to update to the 4 pole software though.
Thanks Ryan! Is a fan needed to keep temps reasonable? What pinion would you suggest?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye
First time running the new truck and first race. Truck was awsome.
Good work!!!!!!!

Hey guys A bit off topic, I know,.. any one running an M11 X??? I posted this ? in radio section m11 thread but may not get an answer there for a while. Having trouble with the wheel not returning to center ,was told that the return spring needs to be replaced. Have any of you ever done this???Is it hard to do? Thanx ,Riverdale.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Shock help. any one have a problem with the shock bottoms screwing on? they are so tight and will tighten down. any help? tricks? maybe tomorrow il contact losi and see whats up.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rfleck
Thanks Ryan! Is a fan needed to keep temps reasonable? What pinion would you suggest?
Not Ryan but I've been running the r10 pro for awhile and I always use the fan since you can really put the power down in these stout trucks. The esc is always warm to the touch after a run with the fan,never hot. I did have the fan die once on a tight indoor carpet track and it got up to 170 but survived.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
Shock help. any one have a problem with the shock bottoms screwing on? they are so tight and will tighten down. any help? tricks? maybe tomorrow il contact losi and see whats up.
Originally Posted by Casper

Yes they are supposed to go all the way to the bottom of the body. There was an issue with the lower caps and Horizon will send you out new ones if you could not get the kit ones on. The issue was addressed but not until after the kits were shipped. Check out this tip.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...uild-tips.html

Thanks Casper, I did see that link, but the caps look short to bottom out on the shoulder so I did not force them. Maybe I will try the heat gun method.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
Not Ryan but I've been running the r10 pro for awhile and I always use the fan since you can really put the power down in these stout trucks. The esc is always warm to the touch after a run with the fan,never hot. I did have the fan die once on a tight indoor carpet track and it got up to 170 but survived.
Ok, so the Tekin Rx8 would be better I presume? I'd like to run without a fan if possible.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Regarding the bottom shock caps. If they seem tight can u just force them on and they will work fine?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rfleck
Ok, so the Tekin Rx8 would be better I presume? I'd like to run without a fan if possible.
rx8 should be fine w/o a fan.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Just got mine together. I have the tekin pro4 4600. What gearing do you guys recommend? Mostly will be on a big outdoor track. Some time will be spent on a medium indoor track.
Forgot to mention I'm running the rx8 esc. Still haven't seen much as far as gearing opinions for this setup. Anybody got a clue? I'm guessing around 12-14 tooth pinion but that's just a wild guess
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Does someone have the length measurment of the shock mounting at "full droop?"

I want to use the droop screws in the arms so I am going to back the heim end out of the bottom shock shaft a few turns and adjust the droop screws to the proper measurment.
Thanks guys
You can always screw the eyelets in and measure them. And then do what you are saying. We have been letting the shocks limit droop for a very long time and have had no issues. The 2.0 comes with the steel droop screws so droop settings with the setscrews should hold very well but I don't understand the need to do the extra effort. We typically only use the droop screws if we want less then full droop.

Originally Posted by triple7s
Anyone know if the 1.0 bottoms fit the 2.0? Mine are tore up. Waiting for customer support to open Monday to get new ones....sux
Shock bottoms from the 1.0 will transfer as the 2.0 shocks are the same. TLR is working on the shock bottoms. It was an issue with the mold they are fixing.

Originally Posted by Graphite07
Look at the kit building tips on the TLR blog. This method works well.

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Forgot to mention I'm running the rx8 esc. Still haven't seen much as far as gearing opinions for this setup. Anybody got a clue? I'm guessing around 12-14 tooth pinion but that's just a wild guess
13-14 is the right range for the 4600. I run a 14 almost everywhere.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

This truck has been a blast the past few days. I've blown off friends and family because of it. Its been a bad habbit lately. Should come with a warning label!

I like the 3 and 4 pistons with 27.5 weight oil on low conditions and the 2 hole 55's with 32.5f and 30r for medium to high bite conditions... just saying.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well I finally got around to building my kit on sunday after all the hosue guest left.

Build went pretty well. I did run into the normal issues, mainly the diff screws and the shock bottoms. Overall the kit was easy enough to build, but it sure would have made it a lot easier if I had the right size tools, had to used hex bits for almost everything.

Couple of questions:

Is there a lil play in the steering? Is that normal?

For the rear Im running the inside hole on the rear blocks with the turnbuckles threaded almost all the way in, Anyone else running it like this?

Shock cap issue, gonna call horizon today about the replacement ones. Does anyone know if another company makes alum ones?

I attached my RX to the side, but it's pretty jammed in there. I might look into getting the micro rx from spektrum.

Pictures:

Last edited by agarabaghi; 03-18-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

All I know is I am going to do the heat gun thing! Losi going to send me new parts. I didn't spend over 400$ for the Shocks not to build right!! So today I will be calling them.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yea i don't have a heat gun, so i guess i wont be running the truck till the new parts come in =(
Old 03-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Shock bottom crying the damn car will still run......love my truck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.