Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread > TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
Like Tree6Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread


Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
  #1486  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
I'm starting my kit right now and I'm looking at the icon key symbols I see the kit manual says I need TLR-Lok, High pressure black grease, CA glue, Clear grease, Motor spray, Silicone oil, the kit comes w/ all the silicone oil, TLR-Lok, and yellow brownish grease, does this mean I have to buy black grease, clear grease, CA glue, and motor spray to complete the build???
the yellowish grease is a replacement grease for the black grease(said to be better than the black grease), the CA is for your tires so unless you already have tires ready you'll need the CA, and you dont need motor spray but could use it or something of the sort, maybe even like 80 or 90% alcohol might but it takes the oils off stuff
TCCustoms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:13 PM
  #1487  
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
the yellowish grease is a replacement grease for the black grease(said to be better than the black grease), the CA is for your tires so unless you already have tires ready you'll need the CA, and you dont need motor spray but could use it or something of the sort, maybe even like 80 or 90% alcohol might but it takes the oils off stuff
Alright cool I have tire glue but no motor spray, but everything in the kit is good to go on making it complete right, I've only been in the hobby 2months and this is my 2nd r/c and first kit so I don't doubt it to be a challenge, hopefully I make it through
XRated SCT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
  #1488  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Alright cool I have tire glue but no motor spray, but everything in the kit is good to go on making it complete right, I've only been in the hobby 2months and this is my 2nd r/c and first kit so I don't doubt it to be a challenge, hopefully I make it through
A newbie? Welcome to the hobby! I remember building my first kit and it was a blast. Good luck with the build.
blade329 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
  #1489  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 132
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
I'm starting my kit right now and I'm looking at the icon key symbols I see the kit manual says I need TLR-Lok, High pressure black grease, CA glue, Clear grease, Motor spray, Silicone oil, the kit comes w/ all the silicone oil, TLR-Lok, and yellow brownish grease, does this mean I have to buy black grease, clear grease, CA glue, and motor spray to complete the build???
Dude!!! It's just like building a "Lego set". Just take 1 step @ a time. Your not in any kinda race to get it done. Alot of guys you see on here have built many, many, many, kits!! Thats why they can knock them out in a few hours...If it takes you a week; don"t stress it! Take your time, build it right.. You will be happy with it.
arrtay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
  #1490  
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
A newbie? Welcome to the hobby! I remember building my first kit and it was a blast. Good luck with the build.
Yup beginning of Jan. 2013 I bought a slash 2wd and learned a decent amount of info on some things for not being into this hobby at all in my life, went to a local bash track and got even more addicted that's why I went w/ the 2.0 cause I'm ready to learn more and get into serious racing, thanks
XRated SCT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
  #1491  
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Originally Posted by arrtay View Post
Dude!!! It's just like building a "Lego set". Just take 1 step @ a time. Your not in any kinda race to get it done. Alot of guys you see on here have built many, many, many, kits!! Thats why they can knock them out in a few hours...If it takes you a week; don"t stress it! Take your time, build it right.. You will be happy with it.
Yea I'm in no rush at all I still got to order my electronics tonight and wait for those I'm just chillin have a nice cold brew and taking my time
XRated SCT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:29 PM
  #1492  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 534
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Alright cool I have tire glue but no motor spray, but everything in the kit is good to go on making it complete right, I've only been in the hobby 2months and this is my 2nd r/c and first kit so I don't doubt it to be a challenge, hopefully I make it through
Originally Posted by arrtay View Post
Dude!!! It's just like building a "Lego set". Just take 1 step @ a time. Your not in any kinda race to get it done. Alot of guys you see on here have built many, many, many, kits!! Thats why they can knock them out in a few hours...If it takes you a week; don"t stress it! Take your time, build it right.. You will be happy with it.:n
And read the directional thoroughly before you start and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
Biggest newbie mistake is rushing. If it takes you three nights, so be it. At least it'll be done right the first time.
pablo040 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 PM
  #1493  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Yea I'm in no rush at all I still got to order my electronics tonight and wait for those I'm just chillin have a nice cold brew and taking my time
Chillin with a cold brew... Its the Canadian way...
San Diego.. thats aboot as far from Canada as its possible to get in the USofA.
Still waiting for the truck to make its way thru the drifts with a load of 2.0's on board.
and havin a beer
Cheers
xxfile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
  #1494  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 132
Default

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Yea I'm in no rush at all I still got to order my electronics tonight and wait for those I'm just chillin have a nice cold brew and taking my time
Thats good! @ least you have yours...Horizon won't send the kit to my LHS for another week.. They don"t spend enough money on Horizon products to make them a priority!
arrtay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
  #1495  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,541
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arrtay View Post
Thats good! @ least you have yours...Horizon won't send the kit to my LHS for another week.. They don"t spend enough money on Horizon products to make them a priority!
The amount a store spends is only one of the options, the percentage they order from Horizon can also allow them in the program. Most dont join because they choose not to fill out the paperwork or dont want to provide reports. We are trying to find ways to provide the best hobby experience for our customers and this is new so we are figuring it out.
hacker07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM
  #1496  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
roberto_1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelpgia, PA
Posts: 198
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pablo040 View Post
Especially when you're building, get a white bath towel and lay it over your workbench (work area) and that way any itty bitty screws or whatnot you do drop don't go bouncing away.


I have a magnetic hex dex and still lost it.
roberto_1029 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
  #1497  
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

On part A-2 in the manual how tight should the servo saver assembly be, the blue nut below the spring?
XRated SCT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
  #1498  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 132
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The amount a store spends is only one of the options, the percentage they order from Horizon can also allow them in the program. Most dont join because they choose not to fill out the paperwork or dont want to provide reports. We are trying to find ways to provide the best hobby experience for our customers and this is new so we are figuring it out.
Yeah; i'm not really complaining.Lol! I could have had it faster elsewhere. However; I just like to support my Lhs.
arrtay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
  #1499  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

Awesome kit TLR! Everything went smooth.Had a little bit of a time getting the bottom of the shock caps on but it was expected because i did my research before hand.Definately had a blast building it though.One question what size sensor wire you use on this Ryan. Nothing i had was long enough! Thanks guys,now lets go whoop on some Teknos!
Losi57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
  #1500  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arrtay View Post
Dude!!! It's just like building a "Lego set". Just take 1 step @ a time. Your not in any kinda race to get it done. Alot of guys you see on here have built many, many, many, kits!! Thats why they can knock them out in a few hours...If it takes you a week; don"t stress it! Take your time, build it right.. You will be happy with it.
YA, the the instructions are not helping...they have you slide the chassis in to the front end and screw it all together but before all this they have you attach the body mount to the CF tower and yet you have to go back and remove it to tighten down the front 2 screws on the front top plate...NOT HELPING, lol

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The amount a store spends is only one of the options, the percentage they order from Horizon can also allow them in the program. Most dont join because they choose not to fill out the paperwork or dont want to provide reports. We are trying to find ways to provide the best hobby experience for our customers and this is new so we are figuring it out.
Ya, tell me about it...talked to my buddy(my hobbyshop guy) and becuz he does ALOT with horizon he had to impliment the new inventory system and all that so we are working with this new system...hehe

Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
On part A-2 in the manual how tight should the servo saver assembly be, the blue nut below the spring?
tighten it all the way down and back it off about 3/4 to 1 full turn and loctite it so it dont back off...this is what most do
TCCustoms is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service