Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Not when I am at the track
Haha, nuf said...
At the end of the day skills are what make the kills huh Frank?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Only time tekno wins are well when the big boys of losi not there
Old 07-10-2015, 07:37 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Haha, nuf said...
At the end of the day skills are what make the kills huh Frank?
Nah, I just think that TLR drivers who club race will generally run 2wd buggy or 1/8 Nitro, etc, the premier classes. Tekno doesn't really offer vehicles in those classes at the electric track, so they are basically only sponsoring people to run in the 4wd sc and 1/8E classes. Therefore, you see more sponsored Tekno drivers in those classes at a club race level. But generally, at bigger races, when the TLR drivers are running 2-3, maybe 4 classes, we seem to stack up okay.

Just a different a vehicle line up, and marketing approach due to those line ups.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have always been kind of partial to Associated RC stuff except when I was running dirt oval then there is no other that can compair to Custom Works sprint cars and latemodels. when I first got into off road I had the 2WD associated sct but quickily wanted to get into the 4x4 class so sold it and got a new associated 4wd SCT and ran it a couple times and loved how it handled I could turn it no matter where I hit a corner it jumped nice and other than I hated the belt drive and morking on it was a royal pain in the azz. However my brother had same truck and hated it, and got a Tenscte 4x4 and sold the other, I liked how his was so simple to work on anything on it and soon got rid of the associated and got one of these as well. and I like it very much I cant turn it as well as my other 4x4 but I think that is just my driving and some setup adjustments needed. All in all I am glad I ended up with it over the associated.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Big thanks to JR Mitch last night at New Red Hobbies, after the first qualifier on a super high bite indoor track, he gave me some pointers afterwards because my truck was all over the place. He even gave me a set of slicks to run for the main since the tires I was using were way too soft (sidewalls) and made it want to roll over every turn.
Looks like he was doing pretty good with his -3 chassis and his new shock package.
He didnt run the main, but he TQ'd by a lap and I believe he got down into the low 17's for lap times. I was only hitting mid to low 18's.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 2.0 steering slop

Just put together the 2.0 kit..noticed some really bad steering slop..some have suggested the steering bellcrank from hot racing..what can I do to eliminate some slop?
Old 07-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HECO
Just put together the 2.0 kit..noticed some really bad steering slop..some have suggested the steering bellcrank from hot racing..what can I do to eliminate some slop?
You should check out visions racing bearing Ackerman and get the 15deg alloy carriers. That sould help tighten things up significantly and improve overall steering as well.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Josh L
You should check out visions racing bearing Ackerman and get the 15deg alloy carriers. That sould help tighten things up significantly and improve overall steering as well.
Thanks I will
Old 07-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have a good, easy to drive setup? Something not as twitchy? I'm running the Dunford high bite and my rear end is loose and coming around. I am really looking for something less reactive. I havent been racing in a while and my nerves are getting the best of me, I just need to calm it down a bit.

A few things I tried yesterday were removing the rear chassis brace (i'm running the MIP's) and I swapped out the aluminum top plate for the stock plastic one.
I also used to negative expo on the steering.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
Anyone have a good, easy to drive setup? Something not as twitchy? I'm running the Dunford high bite and my rear end is loose and coming around. I am really looking for something less reactive. I havent been racing in a while and my nerves are getting the best of me, I just need to calm it down a bit.

A few things I tried yesterday were removing the rear chassis brace (i'm running the MIP's) and I swapped out the aluminum top plate for the stock plastic one.
Thanks in advance
I've been chasing the same problem. The only thing that ever calmed it down for me is tires. Meaning having the right tire for track conditions. Nothing else worked for me
Old 07-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks in advance
Have you tried moving your battery back? Or adding some rear toe?
Old 07-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4s losi
I've been chasing the same problem. The only thing that ever calmed it down for me is tires. Meaning having the right tire for track conditions. Nothing else worked for me
I forgot to mention that I did go from Suburbs (go to tire for that track) to HB Megabytes and then Blockades for the main. It helped some.

Originally Posted by Apexracing
Have you tried moving your battery back? Or adding some rear toe?
No, I havent tried either of those, thanks for the tip.
My next move was going to be taking it back to the box setup and go from there.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a problem with my truck, seemed to be too twitchy...
a friend at the track suggested I turn the servo speed down.

I turned the steering servo down to 80%
much better for an old fart like me
Old 07-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

I did move my battery all the way back...no noticeable difference. Never thought about servo speed. My truck turns very well so maybe that will work. Worth a shot
Old 07-13-2015, 09:55 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks in advance
A few things to try:

Thinner oil in the rear diff than the front (the same oil front/rear is always too aggressive for me)
Try no sway bars - sounds crazy, but it got my truck from being on top of the track, to being "in the track".
Short Ackermann - this really smoothed out my steering high speed, especially in sweepers, but gave me more low speed mid-corner steering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.