TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Setup for high traction tight clay track

Hey Guys,
I just got my new to me 2.0. Took it out this weekend to the local track and struggling to get it to turn into the corner. I did find if I got my speed backed down early I could get it to turn in but my 1.0 I was able to drive into the corner a little harder.
I didn't to a complete breakdown of the truck before going so my hunch is that it's probably a combo of oil weights and setup but if anyone has specific suggestions for that style track I'll take them. Most guys at my track run Tekno but I'm a Losi guy and really believe if I can get the correct setup in the truck I can compete with the Teknos once I have enough wheel time.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Alum Front Spindles?

Anyone else running these on their trucks? I had one break this weekend and am really baffled how or why it would break. Sucks to have a $40 upgrade piece break when the part is basically new.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brucestyves
Anyone else running these on their trucks? I had one break this weekend and am really baffled how or why it would break. Sucks to have a $40 upgrade piece break when the part is basically new.
How long ago did you buy these? Do you still happen to have the header card?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I just got my new to me 2.0. Took it out this weekend to the local track and struggling to get it to turn into the corner. I did find if I got my speed backed down early I could get it to turn in but my 1.0 I was able to drive into the corner a little harder.
I didn't to a complete breakdown of the truck before going so my hunch is that it's probably a combo of oil weights and setup but if anyone has specific suggestions for that style track I'll take them. Most guys at my track run Tekno but I'm a Losi guy and really believe if I can get the correct setup in the truck I can compete with the Teknos once I have enough wheel time.
What setup were you running?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just bought a 2.0 Have a few questions...

1. Can someone post a link for a good starting setup. I will be running it at The Factory (Where the CRCRC Midwest race was just at) and at Sparks in Ohio. Id like to see a sheet from the race that was just there if possible.

2. What springs come stock in the kit?

3. I need to get a front drive shaft. The manual says LOSB3578, but when i go to purchase that....it says that is the rear shaft. Thoughts?

4. Which is the best body to run on the truck?

Thanks

Last edited by impson; 01-26-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
How long ago did you buy these? Do you still happen to have the header card?

They are not very old, no header card though. I emailed Horizon a picture asking if they could replace the broken part...will have to wait and see I guess.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
What setup were you running?
5-7-5 in the diffs, 30front, 27.5rear oils. No droop limiters and fairly stiff springs.

Stock rear toe and anti squat, stock front kick up.

Initial changes I am looking at is taking 0.5 deg of toe in away in the rear, softer springs and putting in droop limiting screws.

Thoughts on the diff fluids? My initial thought was 7k in front but wonder if that's going to prevent the front from turning?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are not very old, no header card though. I emailed Horizon a picture asking if they could replace the broken part...will have to wait and see I guess.
hmmm, ok. Just depends how long the shop you got them from has had them. Can you send that pic to me as [email protected]?

Also, in regards to getting what you need from CS, call them and use the call back feature, takes like 2 minutes. That puts you in the queue and they will call you back and it will get taken care of right away.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

5-7-5 in the diffs, 30front, 27.5rear oils. No droop limiters and fairly stiff springs.

Stock rear toe and anti squat, stock front kick up.

Initial changes I am looking at is taking 0.5 deg of toe in away in the rear, softer springs and putting in droop limiting screws.

Thoughts on the diff fluids? My initial thought was 7k in front but wonder if that's going to prevent the front from turning?
What do you mean by stiff springs? What springs and shock positions are you using? 7k in the front is usually used on high bite tracks to make the truck more stable entering turns. Going thicker there won't help your issue. You need to give us your whole setup before we can help. Ride height, camber, link locations, caster blocks (stock or Losi alum), sway bars etc.

Fwiw I tried the aluminum caster blocks and went back to stock. Didn't fit my driving style.

Last edited by rcgod; 01-26-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
What do you mean by stiff springs? What springs and shock positions are you using? 7k in the front is usually used on high bite tracks to make the truck more stable entering turns. Going thicker there won't help your issue. You need to give us your whole setup before we can help. Ride height, camber, link locations, caster blocks (stock or Losi alum), sway bars etc.

Fwiw I tried the aluminum caster blocks and went back to stock. Didn't fit my driving style.
I'm making some changes to set it up closer to my old 1.0 with a couple minor changes and use that as my baseline then come back to pick some brains of guys who obviously are more qualified than me lol. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
hmmm, ok. Just depends how long the shop you got them from has had them. Can you send that pic to me as [email protected]?

Also, in regards to getting what you need from CS, call them and use the call back feature, takes like 2 minutes. That puts you in the queue and they will call you back and it will get taken care of right away.
Sent you an email, thanks for the heads up on CS though! I'm going to wait this time so i don't confuse them and have two open tickets for the same issue.
I appreciate the customer service since I've dropped a small fortune on my Losis the past couple years lol. I have had two 1.0 sctes (still have one for my son), a 2.0 nitro buggy (sold that), a mini 8 buggy (sold too), and i currently have the 2.0 scte, a 2.0 nitro truggy and a mini 8ight-t.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

I'm making some changes to set it up closer to my old 1.0 with a couple minor changes and use that as my baseline then come back to pick some brains of guys who obviously are more qualified than me lol. Thanks everyone!
I was just going to post something for you in regards to "don't fear the wrath of God." Of course we don't know everything that's why we are here. Please don't let this stop you from coming here and asking, learning. Some questions get no replies, but I've found most of the time people are helpful.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Duplicate

Last edited by Roken; 01-26-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

I'm a little disappointed with God. Seams he dropped to the dark side and got a X-ray 4x4 buggy. I'm starting to build the worlds car now, a 22-4.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
Try running Ryan's OCRC setup works great on tight indoor tracks I've been running it for sometime on several different tracks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.