Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys
this is my first electric rc can someone tell me the correct way to mesh the eng and spur gear. with my nitro i have always used a peice of paper to get the correct mesh. this i have found doesnt work with electric. i have tried pushing the motor hard against the spur and with a little tension and it always seems to not be quiet right.

also has anyone eles a drama of the motor clicking (hesitating) when under very low throttle as if the battery is going flat.(when i re-adjust the motor and it will fix it for a little while) and im not jumping or hitting anything so i doubt the motor is moving as the motor mount screw is always tight with i adjust it

i run the hobbywing sct pro kit 4000kv and 120amp esc
Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPACOLY
Hi guys
also has anyone eles a drama of the motor clicking (hesitating) when under very low throttle as if the battery is going flat.(when i re-adjust the motor and it will fix it for a little while) and im not jumping or hitting anything so i doubt the motor is moving as the motor mount screw is always tight with i adjust it

i run the hobbywing sct pro kit 4000kv and 120amp esc
Double Check:
1) Your ESC has the latest SCT Pro ESC Firmware
2) Sensor cable tight on all ends - and LED's indicating running in sensored mode. Check before running, and also a little while after running (as sometimes it falls into sensorless mode when the connection is loose, then it does not necessarily resume sensored mode)

P.S. You can also try the Hobbywing thread for some help as well.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwings
Ok, I just got the SCTE 2.0 and noticed the motor mount with the motor only moves so far. I noticed that motor hits the plastic bumpers that run along the side of the chassie. I have already shaved the bumper down a bit to get the proper pinion / spur alignment. Is this a common problem, what should i do?

Thanks

Paul
Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Sounds like the common mistake and the side plates are on backwards or your motor has extra mass and your going to have to grind down but i have the Hobbywing 4000kv motor and the fins add pry 1/4 of a inch and i didnt have to trim much so if you have that kinda motor that could be the issue but i bet its the side plates are on backwards as i myself even did that and i knew how to do it as i read the manual and the assembly instructions Ryan posted....
"Side-Guards (F-1) – When installing the side-guards onto the chassis, at first glance, they look the same, however they are different. One side holds the battery in place and one side allows room for the motor. If you look along the inner edge of the guards, you will notice one has a high spot and the other is low the entire way. The one with the high spot is for holding the battery and is the left guard and the other lower one is the right guard."
Ya, the bumpers were on opposite side (now I see the difference). Now there in the right place, however, I still have to shave down the sides a bit to get a little more place from the motor. Running a 540 monster w/ fan and 12 or 14 tooth pinion. Thanks for all your help

Last edited by Redwings; 12-07-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Have a question about Ryan Dunford's setup Casper also uses(5/22/13).
Rear diff fluid: 5000
Going up to 5000 will it not decrease rear traction?. I always thought 2000 which increases cornering traction.
Can someone explain the benefit of 5000 in the rear?
Don't understand the "Notes" where a 2mm washer under outside ball goes. Explain please.
Droop-Full plus turning out shock boot both in front and rear. RIGHT?
What will this do?

I live an hour from the track. Its a very tight, twisty indoor clay. Almost thinking of 7000 front & middle diffs, 2000 rear. I like to read and plan my adjustment before I go. I just need some clarification on my 3 questions.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
Have a question about Ryan Dunford's setup Casper also uses(5/22/13).
Rear diff fluid: 5000
Going up to 5000 will it not decrease rear traction?. I always thought 2000 which increases cornering traction.
Can someone explain the benefit of 5000 in the rear?
Don't understand the "Notes" where a 2mm washer under outside ball goes. Explain please.
Droop-Full plus turning out shock boot both in front and rear. RIGHT?
What will this do?

I live an hour from the track. Its a very tight, twisty indoor clay. Almost thinking of 7000 front & middle diffs, 2000 rear. I like to read and plan my adjustment before I go. I just need some clarification on my 3 questions.
1. Depends on your driving style. If you like more on power steering and are on the throttle early in the corner, heavier rear fluid allows you to steer with the rear end. I'm more point and shoot so I run 3k rear.

2. 2mm washers go under the outside steering link where it attaches to the spindle. Changes the bump steer and makes the steering smoother and more consistent.

3. Unscrewing shock ends 2 turns gives more droop, more weight transfer, better on jump landings. Also makes the truck easier to drive.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

SPACOLY. I always stick a piece of folded notebook paper between the gears and smash down on it pretty good when setting.

I also just got an SCTE. Anyone have any recommendations for spare parts that are a must to have in your pit box?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMabus
SPACOLY. I always stick a piece of folded notebook paper between the gears and smash down on it pretty good when setting.

I also just got an SCTE. Anyone have any recommendations for spare parts that are a must to have in your pit box?
Nothing breaks unless you hit a pipe or another tuck head on. I always carry spares of all plastic pieces, spur gear, shock shafts and hinge pins just in case I'm racing at a place with no hobby shop. At the minimum I would have arms, rear hubs, spur gear and shock shafts.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Appreciate the feedback RCGOD

I want to understand meaning behind the numbers.

Looking forward to testing Ryan's setup on Thursday

Thanks Again
Old 12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RMabus

cheers RMabus

i found that the DRRS was set at 9 so i turned that down to 1 and that basically sorted it out.

ill try your way of meshing the gears and see if that works better although i did try that but it just sounded realy loud. as if it was damaging the spur gear mind you i think i have had an small stone go through it (almost time to replace the spur gear)
Old 12-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone had issues with getting down to a respectable ride height when using the stiffer Losi front and rear springs? I seem to run out of adjustment on the shocks to get it down to the 25 mm ride height. Lots of adjustment with the factory springs.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike B
Has anyone had issues with getting down to a respectable ride height when using the stiffer Losi front and rear springs? I seem to run out of adjustment on the shocks to get it down to the 25 mm ride height. Lots of adjustment with the factory springs.
No problems getting down to 24mm with black and silver springs. Make sure you did not over tighen the nuts for the shocks to the shock tower and you do not have the shocks pressurized.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

MikeB, if your springs are new they will also break in and settle a couple of mm's lower after a bit of running.
Luv this truck!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I was giving the purples a try on the front when I ran into the issue. I will make sure the front end is not binding in any way and see if I can break in the spring a bit also. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike B
Black and purple I had to run the lower outer shock eyelet hole on the a-arm to get to 26mm and that's the lowest I can get it, running Rebar tires.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know of a battery strap that is longer than stock. I would like to run my battery mounts at the longest location and have the ability to adjust my battery back and forth some on the slow fly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.