Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
The 22 bottom shock caps do not work on the scte shocks.
And per my earlier post, you don't need them anyway
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had some laying around so I wanted to try them.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I'm after some advice on my motor/esc. I've just completed my first kit build (SCTE 2.0) which I gotta say was a pleasure to build! Top quality product, can't wait to run it!

I've just finished installing a Tenshock 120A ESC and Tenshock SC401 3800kv motor. I have soldered the wires and installed the receiver etc. I hooked everything up and switched on the whole show. I have bound the radio and the servo works fine. But pull the trigger and nothing from the motor. Am I missing something totally obvious guys???

Could it be: incorrect wire positions/new battery not charged enough? (Wasn't totally charged but I plugged it in just to test if things were working)

I'm new to this and like I said, this is my first build so it could be something simple and dumb, please help guys, anything would be appreciated! (No LHS in my town!)
Old 07-26-2013, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moloneyrobert
I've just finished installing a Tenshock 120A ESC and Tenshock SC401 3800kv motor. I have soldered the wires and installed the receiver etc. I hooked everything up and switched on the whole show. I have bound the radio and the servo works fine. But pull the trigger and nothing from the motor. Am I missing something totally obvious guys???

Could it be: incorrect wire positions/new battery not charged enough? (Wasn't totally charged but I plugged it in just to test if things were working)

I'm new to this and like I said, this is my first build so it could be something simple and dumb, please help guys, anything would be appreciated! (No LHS in my town!)
Things to check:
- have you calibrated the ESC to the radio?
- does the ESC have any green/amber/red blinking status lights to tell you what is going on? (read the manual to find out what they mean)
- since it is a sensorless system, it is less likely that connecting up the wires correctly would be a problem, but double check.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eddomak
Things to check:
- have you calibrated the ESC to the radio?
- does the ESC have any green/amber/red blinking status lights to tell you what is going on? (read the manual to find out what they mean)
- since it is a sensorless system, it is less likely that connecting up the wires correctly would be a problem, but double check.
Thanks mate I will check it out first thing tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got a Hitec HS7955tg servo for my truck and quickly figured out the stock servo horn set up can't handle that kind of torque. I want to get an aluminum clamp style horn but I am not sure which one. My LHS does not have what I need so I have to buy online and hope it's the right size. Any suggestions?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RapidRC
I just got a Hitec HS7955tg servo for my truck and quickly figured out the stock servo horn set up can't handle that kind of torque. I want to get an aluminum clamp style horn but I am not sure which one. My LHS does not have what I need so I have to buy online and hope it's the right size. Any suggestions?
A lot of us use this horn and use the inside hole.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99033

Or this one works well also with some extra clearance.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1556
Old 07-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
A lot of us use this horn and use the inside hole.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99033

Or this one works well also with some extra clearance.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1556
Why do you use the inside hole instead of the outside hole?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
Why do you use the inside hole instead of the outside hole?
Out side hole can make the steering feel a little more twitchy.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Out side hole can make the steering feel a little more twitchy.
that may explain some of the twitchness I feel with my SCTE. I use the hot racing 3 hole aluminum steering arm and the steering feels extremely twitchy. thanks for the info
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks guys!

Hey guys just a quick post to say thanks to everyone who has posted on here! I've spent the last month or so slowly coasting through this thread while waiting for my 2.0 to arrive in the post!

I've picked up some great tips and hints for the build and it all went really well! This is my first kit ever, not to mention my first real race type rc! I couldn't be happier with the kit and it went together great! Everyones posts on here were super helpful so thanks heaps! Hope the photo posts...

first pait job ever too guys, go easy on me!

Thanks all!
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-p1030208.jpg  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Moloneyrobert
Hey guys just a quick post to say thanks to everyone who has posted on here! I've spent the last month or so slowly coasting through this thread while waiting for my 2.0 to arrive in the post!

I've picked up some great tips and hints for the build and it all went really well! This is my first kit ever, not to mention my first real race type rc! I couldn't be happier with the kit and it went together great! Everyones posts on here were super helpful so thanks heaps! Hope the photo posts...

first pait job ever too guys, go easy on me!

Thanks all!
Looks great! Good job.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Now time to get it dirty...
Nice job
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Good Day Racing today with my Dunford/Casper Setup TLR 2.0 Pro4. Started 3rd in the A Main and went on to Win. Orion R10 Pro esc with Tekin 4600 . Proline Snipers M3. Large Loose outdoor track.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Good Day Racing today with my Dunford/Casper Setup TLR 2.0 Pro4. Started 3rd in the A Main and went on to Win. Orion R10 Pro esc with Tekin 4600 . Proline Snipers M3. Large Loose outdoor track.

Way To GO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.