Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan, why don't you post the new setup on the first page. It's going to get hard to find after a few more pages of posts.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev
Ryan, why don't you post the new setup on the first page. It's going to get hard to find after a few more pages of posts.
I would like to try to get some feedback on the new setup first from the forum and then I will gladly place it up on the first post.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I would like to try to get some feedback on the new setup first from the forum and then I will gladly place it up on the first post.
I'd love to try this setup - and I know you already said put the whole setup on it - but for loose outdoor - the diff setup seems kind of counterintuitive to me. Looks like I'd be sacrificing traction with 5-7-5 vs the 5-5-3 that I normally run.

Other than that it's close to what I have already except it goes back to the old pistons.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I'd love to try this setup - and I know you already said put the whole setup on it - but for loose outdoor - the diff setup seems kind of counterintuitive to me. Looks like I'd be sacrificing traction with 5-7-5 vs the 5-5-3 that I normally run.

Other than that it's close to what I have already except it goes back to the old pistons.
We were looking for more steering and went up in center diff and up in rear diff and to a stiffer front spring. To be honest none of this made any sense to me but it works . Give it a try.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
We were looking for more steering and went up in center diff and up in rear diff and to a stiffer front spring. To be honest none of this made any sense to me but it works . Give it a try.
Well the two things that interest me - the kick up angle is flatter and the wheelbase is longer. I'm looking for more bump handling as we're running outside on big blown out 1/8 loose tracks. I'd like to have a little more grip it and rip it through the rutted up sections. The longer wheel base would help with that but the flatter kick would take away from it.

I'll build a spare Set of shocks with the old pistons and give them a try again. Honestly I feel like my truck is good enough that I can leave it as is and just work on the driver!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Well the two things that interest me - the kick up angle is flatter and the wheelbase is longer. I'm looking for more bump handling as we're running outside on big blown out 1/8 loose tracks. I'd like to have a little more grip it and rip it through the rutted up sections. The longer wheel base would help with that but the flatter kick would take away from it.

I'll build a spare Set of shocks with the old pistons and give them a try again. Honestly I feel like my truck is good enough that I can leave it as is and just work on the driver!
We are running max kickup with this setup. (1 up in the front and 1 down in the rear). This will help with the bump handling.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
We are running max kickup with this setup. (1 up in the front and 1 down in the rear). This will help with the bump handling.
Ah sah..... Read that wrong. Thought it was opposite. OK I'm sold on the geometry, then. Guess I'm wrenching tonight!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Ah sah..... Read that wrong. Thought it was opposite. OK I'm sold on the geometry, then. Guess I'm wrenching tonight!
Yeah current layout at OCRC right now has this pretty knarly washboard section before a big jump and the extra kick up really help the truck rip through that section. Not the reason we made the change but a nice side benefit.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The other thing is if a track is blown out, I would consider going to 5/5/5.

Keep in mind, this is the first setup we have really worked on with the weight bias where it is today. Weight bias is a huge performance factor and also changes how different oils work.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
I'm gonna sound like an idiot with this but I've not done much diff tuning before. If your front tires get significantly more wear than the rears you need to increase the center diff oil weight, correct? Do you guys swap the oil at the track or do you have separate diffs with different oil in them that you swap out? Neither seems like the kind of things you can get done between rounds, especially if you are running another class.
Actually is not an idiot question i would like to know my self , after all we are all here to learn right ?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

What's the hole size on the #3 pistons. Anyone know? Anyone drill these out?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Well in my truck I have extra diffs with different oils the center is easy to change between rounds about 5 mins the front and rear take a little longer but are still doable between rounds. But if you don't have spare diffs it will be a little hard to get them swaped. This is why I try to get to the track and practice and tune the car
Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Correct. Sounds like your center diff fluid is too light and under acceleration the front tires are spinning faster than the rear. With the more rearward weight bias of the 2.0 you'll probably want to go to 7k center. If you have a power driver it should only take 10-15 minutes to change center diff fluid.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well got my scte2.0 out with the new motor (Pro 4 hd 3500) and wow!

Between the new motor and new track layout with grip this thing is a beast! truely enjoyed running it today! just wanted to say... im gonna try the new diff setup since we run on a high bite tight turn track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.