Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Also...

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Ok....im probaly 10 packs through my truck....ive ran half on indoor clay...half on outdoor dusty/loose....every time its been ran on the dusty surface it has been blown of with compressed air.....i ve tried to get every nook and cranny....however....the front steering now creaks like an old lady....both directions slow or fast....is it the captured ends?? I've never heard an rc truck make this noise this quick....
Check your servo saver is not too loose.... and the blue adjuster is not touching the chassis
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ran my truck last night, the truck was pretty dialed ran times roughly a full second faster than a local tekno sponsored driver. My truck is back to stock 553, 27.5 all around, #3 and #4 pistons, front camber locations is in the inner lower location, and rear camber link is b is lower outer position. I have a slight over steer on exit of the turn, its really noticeable on 180 turn. What could i adjust to get it a bit more tight on exit. Camberlink adjustment?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Angry

Doing more shake-down runs w/my 2.0, and burned up a new Novak Havoc Pro SC w/x-drive. Using a Novak 4.5t 550, 14/40 pinion/spur.

Anyone else out there ran this setup? Had any problems? Is this a marginal application (even tho the ESC is rated for that motor)? Is it just my bad luck?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingofcool999
Doing more shake-down runs w/my 2.0, and burned up a new Novak Havoc Pro SC w/x-drive. Using a Novak 4.5t 550, 14/40 pinion/spur.

Anyone else out there ran this setup? Had any problems? Is this a marginal application (even tho the ESC is rated for that motor)? Is it just my bad luck?
I ran that setup no problem in my 1.0 - in fact I also ran a 15T and boost.

That said, every ESC and motor out there has failure issues. Contact Novak customer service, they will help you out.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I used to love Novak electronics till I bought the Havoc Pro system and the ESC smoked on me 3 different times ! Once on the bench right after I plugged it in ! The other 2 lasted a few weeks and then started to shut off on their own and act erratically .

When they work the Novak ESC's are great but how long will they work is the question . Good thing is their CS is decent so they will probably replace it , but good CS is of little comfort IMO if you are missing races witing for a repair .
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I had same problem with the havoc sc pro x-drive smoked 2 before I got the rx8 no issues since
Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to pay the $75 for a replacement from Novak (ESC was new, but ran out of warranty sitting on my bench). If it keeps burning up, I'll upgrade. I run the same ESC in my SC10 (2wd) with no problems, but that is a much less rigorous application.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maddog9
Ran my truck last night, the truck was pretty dialed ran times roughly a full second faster than a local tekno sponsored driver. My truck is back to stock 553, 27.5 all around, #3 and #4 pistons, front camber locations is in the inner lower location, and rear camber link is b is lower outer position. I have a slight over steer on exit of the turn, its really noticeable on 180 turn. What could i adjust to get it a bit more tight on exit. Camberlink adjustment?
Moving the hubs forward would allow more weight transfer to the rear wheels when under power, thereby increasing on-power rear traction. It's an easy adjustment that can be reversed if it doesn't do what you want. Alternatively, a lower camber link position on the rear tower should increase rear traction too. Maybe a combination of both, but I'd try them one at a time first.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Wink

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to pay the $75 for a replacement from Novak (ESC was new, but ran out of warranty sitting on my bench). If it keeps burning up, I'll upgrade. I run the same ESC in my SC10 (2wd) with no problems, but that is a much less rigorous application.
I would say call them up first - you may be surprised.

That said, if you do have to upgrade, you may want to consider the Pulse or the Activ8. I run the Activ8 in my SCTE now. With both you get more tuning options and a more robust BEC. You can also ask the. About the super tuner upgrade for the Havok Pro - which i have as well - that gives you everything the Pulse has except Extra Timing - which you probably don't need.

What i like about the Activ8 over the smaller ESCs is - you don't need to run a fan, and if you choose to run the fan, it's more robust than the small units on the Havok and Pulse. I had many times lost the fan from my Havok in the SCTE - which then overheats and shuts down. I'm sure you can also secure the fan on with wire or bigger screws as well
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You can get a brushless hobbies 120a for less than $75 or SCT pro for $15 more. Why not go that route then you have an ESC that can handle any motor you want to use?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I would say call them up first - you may be surprised.

That said, if you do have to upgrade, you may want to consider the Pulse or the Activ8. I run the Activ8 in my SCTE now. With both you get more tuning options and a more robust BEC. You can also ask the. About the super tuner upgrade for the Havok Pro - which i have as well - that gives you everything the Pulse has except Extra Timing - which you probably don't need.

What i like about the Activ8 over the smaller ESCs is - you don't need to run a fan, and if you choose to run the fan, it's more robust than the small units on the Havok and Pulse. I had many times lost the fan from my Havok in the SCTE - which then overheats and shuts down. I'm sure you can also secure the fan on with wire or bigger screws as well
Can you post a pic of that ESC installed? I had enough trouble getting the Havok to fit...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgod
You can get a brushless hobbies 120a for less than $75 or SCT pro for $15 more. Why not go that route then you have an ESC that can handle any motor you want to use?
If I'm not mistaken, I thought that 120A ESC was limited to a 6 turn.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LVBaja
Moving the hubs forward would allow more weight transfer to the rear wheels when under power, thereby increasing on-power rear traction. It's an easy adjustment that can be reversed if it doesn't do what you want. Alternatively, a lower camber link position on the rear tower should increase rear traction too. Maybe a combination of both, but I'd try them one at a time first.
I am already at the lowest rear camber link location, Anthony Mazzara helped me and told to me to run a longer rear camberlink. Also, might try his 32.5 and 30 shock oils with the stock pistons.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Can you post a pic of that ESC installed? I had enough trouble getting the Havok to fit...
It fits.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken, I thought that 120A ESC was limited to a 6 turn.
Nope. Same specs as the scte pro and hobbywing 120a. I've used both with a tenshock 5200 and they work great. Guys even use them in 1/8 buggies on 4s. Even the castle mamba monster is only ratedat 120a.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.