TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
So last week I ended up cancelling my conversion parts order as I figured if I'm gonna have to wait, then I should at least see what the prices will be at my LHS and online. This weekend I went to my LHS to see what they knew and there it was all by its lonesome, begging to find a home , a SCTE 2.0 kit. Needless to say I broke down and bought the kit. I already have almost all of the hopups that I was working on for my 1.0, and will now add to my 2.0 as backups. I tried gluing the 55 pistons and think the smaller aluminum 4-40 nuts work better in case the glue cap is to large. I had to clear off and apply a new glue cap on a couple of holes after I tightened down the steel lock nut; the aluminum lock nut has a smaller contact patch on the piston. I'm also going to try the M2C Racing pistons as well. I'm not sure what weight oil to try, so any input on that is appreciated (SoCal indoor; SDRC). I'm leaning towards 27.5 up front and 30 in the rear.
Casper and I will be at SDRC this saturday in case you want any hands on help.

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Hacker or casper...I am assembling the front diff when i bolt the case halves together i get a tight spot when i rotate the pinion...when its totally loose no tight spot..when half tight it is a slight tight spot...any suggestions....
so, you are referring to just the diff, not putting the diff as a whole into the tranny cases? It shouldnt have a tight spot, if it does, pull it all out and make sure the bottom sun gear is fully seated with that pin.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
So last week I ended up cancelling my conversion parts order as I figured if I'm gonna have to wait, then I should at least see what the prices will be at my LHS and online. This weekend I went to my LHS to see what they knew and there it was all by its lonesome, begging to find a home , a SCTE 2.0 kit. Needless to say I broke down and bought the kit. I already have almost all of the hopups that I was working on for my 1.0, and will now add to my 2.0 as backups. I tried gluing the 55 pistons and think the smaller aluminum 4-40 nuts work better in case the glue cap is to large. I had to clear off and apply a new glue cap on a couple of holes after I tightened down the steel lock nut; the aluminum lock nut has a smaller contact patch on the piston. I'm also going to try the M2C Racing pistons as well. I'm not sure what weight oil to try, so any input on that is appreciated (SoCal indoor; SDRC). I'm leaning towards 27.5 up front and 30 in the rear.
Congrats on breaking down and getting a kit! Yeah a mini lock nut should work fine for holding on the piston. Ryan no I have tried the M2C pistons but they look interseting. I would start with what they suggested and run 27.5.

Hacker or casper...I am assembling the front diff when i bolt the case halves together i get a tight spot when i rotate the pinion...when its totally loose no tight spot..when half tight it is a slight tight spot...any suggestions....
Some others have noticed the same thing. I am not sure what it is. My car had a similar issue. I would just run it and let the gears break in. That is what I did and things have freed up fine.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Some others have noticed the same thing. I am not sure what it is. My car had a similar issue. I would just run it and let the gears break in. That is what I did and things have freed up fine.[/QUOTE]

It when i bolt the tranny halves together....i checked for small debris etc...when i rotate both outdrives together… about 90° of rotation feels bound up or tight...the other 270° feels free...oh well...onward and upward!!!! By the way this is my first tlr build so keep by those computers and smart phones!!!! Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Prophet

I am missing the diff outdrive o-rings!!! Wtf
Some others have noticed the same thing. I am not sure what it is. My car had a similar issue. I would just run it and let the gears break in. That is what I did and things have freed up fine.
It when i bolt the tranny halves together....i checked for small debris etc...when i rotate both outdrives together… about 90° of rotation feels bound up or tight...the other 270° feels free...oh well...onward and upward!!!! By the way this is my first tlr build so keep by those computers and smart phones!!!! Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Oh that is not right. Mine had one spot that felt high. Not 1/4 of the rotation. There is either something not seated properly. Check to make sure you got the outdrive bearings on all they way. They are a tight fit now.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Congrats on breaking down and getting a kit! .
..... another customer fitting into the bizz model???
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
Casper and I will be at SDRC this saturday in case you want any hands on help.
Sweet, you guys coming down to represent TLR @ the DE Racing Spring Series or just to see what those Tekno guys are up too?
Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
It when i bolt the tranny halves together....i checked for small debris etc...when i rotate both outdrives together… about 90° of rotation feels bound up or tight...the other 270° feels free...oh well...onward and upward!!!! By the way this is my first tlr build so keep by those computers and smart phones!!!! Thanks!!
Oh that is not right. Mine had one spot that felt high. Not 1/4 of the rotation. There is either something not seated properly. Check to make sure you got the outdrive bearings on all they way. They are a tight fit now.[/QUOTE]

Ok got that fixed...one ring gear bolt wasnt as tight as other 3.. spins free now...next? Pins...there were four in bag b...they look the same but have three different part #'s...what??? Do i use two for sun gear and two for the wheel hexes???
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh that is not right. Mine had one spot that felt high. Not 1/4 of the rotation. There is either something not seated properly. Check to make sure you got the outdrive bearings on all they way. They are a tight fit now.
Ok got that fixed...one ring gear bolt wasnt as tight as other 3.. spins free now...next? Pins...there were four in bag b...they look the same but have three different part #'s...what??? Do i use two for sun gear and two for the wheel hexes???[/QUOTE]

Yes, you got it.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BmainStar
..... another customer fitting into the bizz model???
Dude- I know you have been a loyal customer and we apprecaite the support but this was not the business model and TLR has worked hard to have prompt parts support with kit releases. There was a hiccup with this release and the parts were not shipped with the kit. TLR is working hard to get the parts here as soon as they can and get them out there. There is nothing devious going on here and they are not trying to screw the end user and force them to get a kit instead of buying upgrade parts. The business model is to sell kits and parts. Margins a little better on parts then kits. They don't care how you get your parts. In a kit or piece parts. Peice it together or buy a kit? I understand you are frustrated and we all want you to have your parts so you can upgrade you truck but give it a rest!

Ok got that fixed...one ring gear bolt wasnt as tight as other 3.. spins free now...next? Pins...there were four in bag b...they look the same but have three different part #'s...what??? Do i use two for sun gear and two for the wheel hexes???
The pins that secure the outdrives to the diff case and the pins that are used for the clamping hexes are the same part so you get 4 in the bag for the front and rear ends. It is not super clear as you see the 4 pins and build the diffs first and use two and then the axles many steps later to use the other two but that is where these pins go. Does that help?

Last edited by Casper; 03-18-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When they say 2 hole 55 pistons do they mean the 4 hole 55's w/2 holes filled?
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blown up
Yup
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blown up
Yes.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
you have a link to the power tool you use?
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=8
this isnt it but more or less the same has 1/4 inch drive for hex bits
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey xxfile, did u end up ordering your 2.0 through Great Hobbies?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2low4u
Hey xxfile, did u end up ordering your 2.0 through Great Hobbies?
I was checking there, but part #TLR03000 comes up "not in stock"
But hobby shop in Markham had them in stock, Pinnacle Hobbies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.