Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justinhardin
I'm in the process of building a new TLR SCTE 2.0 kit.

My diffs themselves are smooth... feels like I got them built right.

Once the diffs are installed into their gearboxes (LOSB3104), when I fully tighten the gearbox screws, the diff binds on part of the rotation. It'll spin freely for 85% of a rotation...then it binds/slows down for the remaining 15% then frees up.

Inspecting the housing, there is VERY LITTLE clearance between the ring gear and the gearbox itself. Suspecting this as the source of the bind I shaved a bit of gearbox plastic material away and it seemed to help. I got them moving in the gearbox smoothly (or so I thought).

However, now that everything is installed onto the chasis... at least one of the three gearboxes is still binding (extra friction, not freezing) on part of the rotation.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Will the bind work itself out after I run it for a bit (the metal ring gears chewing through whatever plastic is binding and then running free?).

Thanks in ad ance for any pointers!
I had the same problem on the front diff and I found the ring gear was rubbing on the top of the front half of the front case used a dremel and problem solved
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
At this point seeing every one with their 2.0 is really starting to PISS ME OFF!!!
I had a million spares from my 1.0 and very fresh parts to build a 2.0!WHERE are the parts RYAN!????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????Pegasus does not even have the kits yet!!!!!!!!!Where are the parts????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????:f laming::flamin g:I know in a month it wont even matter but this is Toy cars and I am an impatient Scrubb wanting to play with ever body else....
..bump to the next page...Where are the parts?????????????????????? Do I really have to wait till 4/20 to build My 2.0????????????????Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth TLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUX!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-11-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is what I did with the thumb screws if anyone wants to try this...
I put a piece of 1/8" foam unter the battery strap,
That raised the strap up enough so that the thumb screw only went on to the posts about half way when everything got snug,
That gave me enough room in the thumb screw to put a 5-40x1/8" set screw.
Like Casper said I locked the front post in place also with a set screwand leave it in place all the time and when I put the rear one on I snug the thumb screw and lock it in place with the set screw

All day I never had to crank down on the thumb screws so the battery strap didn't bow up and the set screws kept me fom losing the thumb screws
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation parts!

..bump to the next page...Where are the parts?????????????????????? Do I really have to wait till 4/20 to build My 2.0????????????????Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth TLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUX!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would like to know the same thing. Any info would be greatly appreciated. But no info leaves us clueless! Last we heard they may not have been on the same boat, which sounds like they were not!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Would like to know the same thing. Any info would be greatly appreciated. But no info leaves us clueless! Last we heard they may not have been on the same boat, which sounds like they were not!
Ya great Marketing ,Just lie to those that are brand loyal hoping they will hang on .I guess.. And Yes they obviously were not on the same shipment as promised.....:rolley es: In this economy they should be after every dollar that they could get ...Kits and parts..BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND IT IS NOT THE HANGER 24 IPA...Might be LOL........................PISSED !!!!!!!And quenched!!LOL
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Ya great Marketing ,Just lie to those that are brand loyal hoping they will hang on .I guess.. And Yes they obviously were not on the same shipment as promised.....:rolley es: In this economy they should be after every dollar that they could get ...Kits and parts..BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND IT IS NOT THE HANGER 24 IPA...Might be LOL........................PISSED !!!!!!!And quenched!!LOL
Riverdale, take a step back, relax, and realize it's ALL business. They'll be out soon and that extra 2-4 weeks won't matter in August.

Or join us in the dark side.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Can you just use the associated 12mm 2 hole pistons on the SCTE 2.0 as you do in the 22 and 22sct if you want to run the Ryan/Casper setup?
Cheers

Those pistons have holes that are too big and will not generate enough pack for this truck.

I ran them on sunday and she worked well!

Lol... Can I have a tie breaker on this one?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Riverdale, take a step back, relax, and realize it's ALL business. They'll be out soon and that extra 2-4 weeks won't matter in August.

Or join us in the dark side.
.. The dark side keeps calling.
Ya I know but it`s like x-mas for ever body else but Me Cheers Kuya ,And congrats on the points in the TNS ..see your at the top for spt. class Good Job!!!May run at the TNS rev race hope to run with you soon !!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

.. The dark side keeps calling.
Ya I know but it`s like x-mas for ever body else but Me Cheers Kuya ,And congrats on the points in the TNS ..see your at the top for spt. class Good Job!!!May run at the TNS rev race hope to run with you soon !!!!
The dark side actually has kits available. And there are a few other notable benefits as well......
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
The dark side actually has kits available. And there are a few other notable benefits as well......
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Also has some noteable disadvantages. Tekno may have kits available but have a stub axle issue that you can not get if yours breaks (saw 2 on Saturday at TNS). This thread should not be used to determine which 4x SC is the best I am simply proving every manufacture has their issues.

Hang in there bud they will be here soon. Ryan addressed this issue and is very upset about it himself. Some things are not in his or our control. It is worth the wait I can tell you that. Evolution Sports in Redlands has a kit in the shelf. If you are interested tell Louis I sent you he will take care of you!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Also has some noteable disadvantages. Tekno may have kits available but have a stub axle issue that you can not get if yours breaks (saw 2 on Saturday at TNS). This thread should not be used to determine which 4x SC is the best I am simply proving every manufacture has their issues.

Hang in there bud they will be here soon. Ryan addressed this issue and is very upset about it himself. Some things are not in his or our control. It is worth the wait I can tell you that. Evolution Sports in Redlands has a kit in the shelf. If you are interested tell Louis I sent you he will take care of you!
Ya I know its not Ryan's doing but he is the cloeset Target LOL
Just expressing my frustration somewhere, the GF is sick of hearing it LOL
Just a big Kid wanting To play in the sand box with the New Toy LOL Have all the option parts and new arms and bearings,screws,drive line, etc. ...alright done crying ...Just gotta wait it out....
Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Ya I know its not Ryan's doing but he is the cloeset Target LOL
Just expressing my frustration somewhere, the GF is sick of hearing it LOL
Just a big Kid wanting To play in the sand box with the New Toy LOL Have all the option parts and new arms and bearings,screws,drive line, etc. ...alright done crying ...Just gotta wait it out....
Good man! I probably will not be able to get to the track until weekend after next with how busy I am at work.... if that makes you feel better. Dont know whats worse having the truck and not being able to drive it or not having it.

My wife was like "just drive it in the street if you want to drive it so bad". I go " um, no, you dont understand. This is a race machine". And thats when she realized im a total... total rc nerd.

Anyways hahaha. The build went good just waiting on a 275mm sensor wire and paint.

(Dont forget your 275mm sensor wires everyone) I recommend TQ Wire!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by justinhardin
I'm in the process of building a new TLR SCTE 2.0 kit.

My diffs themselves are smooth... feels like I got them built right.

Once the diffs are installed into their gearboxes (LOSB3104), when I fully tighten the gearbox screws, the diff binds on part of the rotation. It'll spin freely for 85% of a rotation...then it binds/slows down for the remaining 15% then frees up.

Inspecting the housing, there is VERY LITTLE clearance between the ring gear and the gearbox itself. Suspecting this as the source of the bind I shaved a bit of gearbox plastic material away and it seemed to help. I got them moving in the gearbox smoothly (or so I thought).

However, now that everything is installed onto the chasis... at least one of the three gearboxes is still binding (extra friction, not freezing) on part of the rotation.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Will the bind work itself out after I run it for a bit (the metal ring gears chewing through whatever plastic is binding and then running free?).

Thanks in ad ance for any pointers!
After reading other replies/posts I rebuilt my gearboxes and all is smooth now. The front gear box needed a bit more shaving for the ring gear to clear... And the rear box had a bearing that wasn't pushed all the way on the diff. I had to sand down the diff casing gently for the bearing to slide on w/o applying bearing warping force. Now it's silky smooth. A PITA compared to the associated RC8.2E build I did a few months back... But I do like the lower parts count on the Losi gearboxes and now that they are working I'm back in love with the car.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jellis
I had the same problem on the front diff and I found the ring gear was rubbing on the top of the front half of the front case used a dremel and problem solved
I also had this problem on the front diff when upgrading to the TLR332001's caused my car to overheat.
I've heard this from a lot of people by now, is this related to the new diff's or diff housings ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.