Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony Mazzara
I dont have any pictures but i was at the winter showdown at rc excitement this past weekend and i heard they put some pics and a video of my scte 2.0 on there facebook. If some one finds the video could they please post it. Ill try to reach out to todd at rce.
http://youtu.be/wGxz0rxzEuI

Truck looked good, Ant. Hopefully getting mine today or tomorrow. Are you headed back up to RCE for the Showdown?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickenfoot
Pictures, We need more Pictures...
I posted some on page 74
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

I dont have any pictures but i was at the winter showdown at rc excitement this past weekend and i heard they put some pics and a video of my scte 2.0 on there facebook. If some one finds the video could they please post it. Ill try to reach out to todd at rce.
If you go to YouTube and put in RCE winter showdown 4x4 short course A main you should find it.Im not sure how to put in the link from my phone but that should get you in the right direction.Anthonys truck looked sweet.A few comments when I spoke to him were the ease of driving the 2.0.Also the wear on the driveshafts is much better.Thanks Tony I noticed you put the link.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Volcomstned
I posted some on page 74
Page numbers are variable depending on the number of posts you select to display per page.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losi57
If you go to YouTube and put in RCE winter showdown 4x4 short course A main you should find it.Im not sure how to put in the link from my phone but that should get you in the right direction.Anthonys truck looked sweet.A few comments when I spoke to him were the ease of driving the 2.0.Also the wear on the driveshafts is much better.Thanks Tony I noticed you put the link.
I think I saw your truck flying around in there in the A - nice job. With a new layout going in for the Showdown we still talking like Clay Panther Switches, Rattlers, Gold Barcodes?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grandturk
http://youtu.be/wGxz0rxzEuI

Truck looked good, Ant. Hopefully getting mine today or tomorrow. Are you headed back up to RCE for the Showdown?
Thanks grandturk for the link...yes matt chambers and i will be at rce for the sc showdown along with local toddie representing for tlr.
Again i dont claim to know every thing but if i can help with yalls builds this week ill try..sbould go togather smooth and easy like mine did...i would start with stock setup on diffs and shocks and either stock or whatever you like on your 1.0 for all other stuff. I do think yall should at least try completekit set up first as it real good...ryan and casper must have done there tezting cause it works.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey for those of us grabbing the truck, does anyone have set up sheets?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey for those of us grabbing the truck, does anyone have set up sheets?
First post of this thread Casper and Ryan's setup
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Why thank you mr turk
Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Why thank you mr turk
As an update to taht setup posted on page one...when indoors, we found we like the ride height either 25/25 or 25/24 depending on driving style and these are without the body.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks grandturk for the link...yes matt chambers and i will be at rce for the sc showdown along with local toddie representing for tlr.
Again i dont claim to know every thing but if i can help with yalls builds this week ill try..sbould go togather smooth and easy like mine did...i would start with stock setup on diffs and shocks and either stock or whatever you like on your 1.0 for all other stuff. I do think yall should at least try completekit set up first as it real good...ryan and casper must have done there tezting cause it works.
The 2.0 kit setup it pretty much our std setup for the 1.0 and since we have been testing 2.0 parts for a while (shock towers and other little things) we knew it was a good starting point. We have played some more with front camber links and strongly recommend the 2 hole 55 pistons.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What diff oils should i run on an indoor, hard pack, high traction clay track? I have been running 7-10-3 in my reversed driveshafts(drilled holes to make it like the 2.0) scte 1.0, should i carry that over to the 2.0 or would there be a better setup? The track surface looks very similiar to the rumble in the rockies that Dustin Evans won.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

I have 2 Tekin sc4x 5.5 Rx8 combos in two SCTE's one is going in the new 2.0 when it gets here.
I know I need a longer sensor wire and 275mm seems to be the number.
is this good info? will 250mm work?
I was all over the tekin site and cant find a part number.
and
are all brands of sensor wire the same?
does it have to be tekin?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxfile
I have 2 Tekin sc4x 5.5 Rx8 combos in two SCTE's one is going in the new 2.0 when it gets here.
I know I need a longer sensor wire and 275mm seems to be the number.
is this good info? will 250mm work?
I was all over the tekin site and cant find a part number.
and
are all brands of sensor wire the same?
does it have to be tekin?
I've not found any difference in sensor wire other than build quality - insulation, outer shielding, flexibility. I'm sure there's crap out there, but if you stick to a name brand you should be fine.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I've not found any difference in sensor wire other than build quality - insulation, outer shielding, flexibility. I'm sure there's crap out there, but if you stick to a name brand you should be fine.
I guess my question was are they all the same as far as plugs and compatibility?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.