TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Quick little race report. TLR sweeps the podium at the JBRL round #1 at OC/RC yesterday. Dunford takes TQ and I was second qualifier with our SCTE 2.0's. During the main we were never to be challenged for the lead as we pulled away. Ryan and I were to swap the lead a couple times for a great race and David Jenson running his SCTE 1.0 one last time (we "team" built his SCTE 2.0 during the race day as he just received his kit the day before) was able to pull in the last podium spot for the TLR SCTE clean sweep of top three spots in the Expert 4WD SC class. And yes there was an army of the "other" truck at this event!
Good job guys, I couldn't find the results on LiveRC, the last race it's showing is the Friday club racing.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default My Build is Almost Done

Lots of goodies on this build!
TLR SCTE TI Screw kit
Aluminum Rear Hubs
King Headz Center Diff Mount
King Headz Motor Mount
Tekno Front and Rear Axles
Tekno Center Diff Driveshafts
Lunsford TI Turnbuckles
TLR TI Kingpins
TLR Rear Diff Case Aluminum Bearing Inserts
FTW Carbon Fiber goodies
More Carbon Fiber goodies

Cant wait to get this out to the track.. I dont know If I should wire in my RX8 or get an Orion R10 Pro.. OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Last edited by Volcomstned; 03-03-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
ahh I want my parts so bad!! @ryan, do you have any idea why the date has been pushed back so far?? Taking into consideration they were "on the same boat" I didn't think finding a home in the warehouse would take a month longer! lol If I had of known I would have bought the kit from the get go! Any info would be great! thanks!
Should always buy new becuz it never hurts to refreshen everything...and yes, its more that way but you could have parted yours out and kept the electrics to make up the difference...i sold my roller for more than a new roller thanks to just a few upgrades.

Casper mentioned the parts "should be on the same boat" but said hopefully Ryan would chime in with more info so you cant be upset at them becuz of the comment when you keep checking the website and it shows a date i would use that date more than someone saying something and then if it becomes available earlier its a good thing but to expect it early like the truck is just setting yourself up for heartbreak

Plus keep in mind that the parts will go to HH, ship to places from there and the kits went right straight to HCP stores. But hopefully they can help you out alittle more on the time frame

ON ANOTHER NOTE...
are the KH mounts still going to be a good upgrade or just roll with stock but i kno the diff mount did stiffen up things in the driveline
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Some Pictures So Far
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3387-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3388-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3389-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3390-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3391-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

More...
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3392-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3393-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3394-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3395-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3396-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Even more...
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3397-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3398-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3399-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3400-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3401-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

And this is it for now..

Thinking about going to pick up an R10 PRO.. What do you guys think... stick with my RX8 or get an R10 pro?
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3402-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3403-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3404-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3405-medium-.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_3407-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volcomstned
And this is it for now..

Thinking about going to pick up an R10 PRO.. What do you guys think... stick with my RX8 or get an R10 pro?
Nice pix, I would stick with RX8
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

And this is it for now..

Thanks for confirming the KH motor mount fits! Did you check/need to shim the rear differential with the aluminum inserts? You pretty much have the same setup I have once I get the upgrade parts.......wink wink nudge nudge at Ryan . I'm going to stick with the RX8 and would rather spend the dollars on the upcoming pro4 HD motor; even though it sounds like the current pro4 is working out well.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1M
A video of the race?

How long till the where house in Illinois has kits?
I am sure there will be a video or two that will pop up in a day or two.

Originally Posted by fireflysti
Good job guys, I couldn't find the results on LiveRC, the last race it's showing is the Friday club racing.
Yeah they did not post on LiveRC this time. Not sure why. Full JBRL results should be up in a day or two at www.jimmybabcock.com
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Thanks for confirming the KH motor mount fits! Did you check/need to shim the rear differential with the aluminum inserts? You pretty much have the same setup I have once I get the upgrade parts.......wink wink nudge nudge at Ryan . I'm going to stick with the RX8 and would rather spend the dollars on the upcoming pro4 HD motor; even though it sounds like the current pro4 is working out well.
The King Headz motor mounts fit perfectly. I didn't feel any need to shim the rear diff with the aluminum inserts... Snug figment with no play. With the KH mounts, I don't think a bigger spur can be used.. Stock spur sits about 1mm off of chassis.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
With all due respect to Ryan/Casper and the rest of the folks at Losi, I *really* hope that's not when my parts ship but rather reflects a business decision for the stores to move the kits first (It certainly aligns with their filling the kits orders first....). Otherwise promoting the parts are on same boat is a really big tease.
I was not in the shop on friday, I will check on monday and see whats going on with the parts. It shouldnt be that long. I know they are working on getting them checked in asap.

Originally Posted by myl3s91
ahh I want my parts so bad!! @ryan, do you have any idea why the date has been pushed back so far?? Taking into consideration they were "on the same boat" I didn't think finding a home in the warehouse would take a month longer! lol If I had of known I would have bought the kit from the get go! Any info would be great! thanks!
see above...and you can pm me directly.

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Should always buy new becuz it never hurts to refreshen everything...and yes, its more that way but you could have parted yours out and kept the electrics to make up the difference...i sold my roller for more than a new roller thanks to just a few upgrades.

Casper mentioned the parts "should be on the same boat" but said hopefully Ryan would chime in with more info so you cant be upset at them becuz of the comment when you keep checking the website and it shows a date i would use that date more than someone saying something and then if it becomes available earlier its a good thing but to expect it early like the truck is just setting yourself up for heartbreak

Plus keep in mind that the parts will go to HH, ship to places from there and the kits went right straight to HCP stores. But hopefully they can help you out alittle more on the time frame

ON ANOTHER NOTE...
are the KH mounts still going to be a good upgrade or just roll with stock but i kno the diff mount did stiffen up things in the driveline
Some people jsut like to spend money on their toys . If I thought that was necessary myself, I would make one but dont need the extra weight for no performance gain.

The King Headz motor mounts fit perfectly. I didn't feel any need to shim the rear diff with the aluminum inserts... Snug figment with no play. With the KH mounts, I don't think a bigger spur can be used.. Stock spur sits about 1mm off of chassis.
There is no reason why it shouldnt fit, Just not sure with the new diff cases why its necessary.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07

There is no reason why it shouldnt fit, Just not sure with the new diff cases why its necessary.
Maybe not necessary, but since I already own it from my 1.0, It can't hurt to use!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by hacker07
I was not in the shop on friday, I will check on monday and see whats going on with the parts. It shouldnt be that long. I know they are working on getting them checked in asap.

see above...and you can pm me directly.

Some people jsut like to spend money on their toys . If I thought that was necessary myself, I would make one but dont need the extra weight for no performance gain.

Yea the new diff cup i have on my center diff did take a good amount of wobble out . I would get it just because it makes the truck quiter and reduce the wear more.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I recently ordered this kit from my Lhs. Should have it in two weeks or so. I've had the 1.0 sence it came out; been running the castle 3800kv 4 pole and rx-8. That match has worked out fairly well for my use, which is mostly tearing up the woods, and occassionally racing. I woulden't mind having a little more power and control in the motor department. Thinking about the Tekin 4 pole or maby the revtech 4 pole. Which one is better for this car? Or is another motor out that is better?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.