Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Nice! I wish I could by liter sized bottles of 27.5 and 5000K!

Hope I can get the kit in time to run the SC showdown in March at RCE
TLR looks to be releaseing 4oz shock oil bottles. The TLR diff oil tubes are good for quite a few rebuilds.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Same here! I've only had Losi cars, with the exception of a couple AE's when I was younger, two Traxxas', a Serpent now, and a few CRC 1/12's...

Every Losi I ever owned, the shocks went together like BUTTER... From the original building of the kit, to about the 100th time rebuilding the shocks, after nearly 16 years of ownership now - My Double-X4 World's Car, for instance.. lol

Which is why I'm so frustrated by this instance!!

Oh one more thing. If you are running 4 hole 54 pistons you will not have nearly enough pack with those. If you glue two holes closed you are still a little bigger holes then what Ryan and I are currenly running with #55 two hole pistons but 4 hole 54's is not nearly enough piston for this truck.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
whats a good set up on 2 s lipo
I'm going to run the Brushless Hobbies LT4 120 amp ESC, and I'm going to take a gamble and get the Turnigy Trackstar 4x4 motor. Heard it's a great motor, Only thing is it's 5120kV Going to have to turn the ESC down a few notches

Also going to run a Savox 1256 servo.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
As mentioned earlier on the older thread...there was a batch of rebuild kits that had the DIFF O-RINGS in them instead of the x-ring type shock o-rings in them. They look completely different. It sounds as though you got those. Give CS a call and they will get you taken care of. I apologize for this.
That's exactly what I thought after taking them out and realizing the size difference. I appreciate that Ryan, thanks much for the info.. Had zero idea, but figured something like this had happened on the kitting/packaging side of things.. Thanks sir!

Originally Posted by Casper
Oh one more thing. If you are running 4 hole 54 pistons you will not have nearly enough pack with those. If you glue two holes closed you are still a little bigger holes then what Ryan and I are currenly running with #55 two hole pistons but 4 hole 54's is not nearly enough piston for this truck.
Two holes are glued on each, and I'm running 32.5wt.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Best setup is the hobbywing xerun 4-pole 540 4000kv motor w/ a hw v3 esc or the hw sctpro esc. They have a combo for both the sctpro combo is plenty good and a bunch cheaper if you want to save a few bucks. The v3 combo has a lot more tuning options so if you have the bucks get it, great ESC. Don't let anyone talk you into the 4600kv's :P just my 2c 99.9% of the time you are faster with a dialed in 4k, and it's a little more effecient.
The V3 isnt available just yet according to COBRARACING yet it shows available on Falconsekido so who knows BUT i say go with the SCT Pro or SCT PRO combo since just the esc price is half the price of the V3 esc plus if your running a 4pole you wouldnt need all the extra settings as im very happy with my SCT Pro

That's impressive if we finally got you to break down and get a xerun!!
I'm sure that is not the case.. but I also doubt your motor is a random off the shelf 4600 tekin either ;P I'd also put u in that .01% of drivers that can do anything they want
There we go...New spokesman/driver for Hobbywing(HWNA). Once you go Hobbywing, u wont go back....lmao
Old 02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

And for you guys planning to get the new 2.0..heres a neat little tool set-up to help build your new kit

ARROWMAX Honeycomb tools
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I went ahead and caved and bought one. Your posts about how good it is are killin me!
You'll be impressed. Report back

Originally Posted by Casper
What is the advantage of the HW 4K motor? There are not many cars out there that run my straightaway speed. I guess I don't understand your comment but am all ears.
Most pro 4 owners (many other motors in this class too) deal with heat issues, and basically have no choice but to run an rx8 (or similar) esc w/ a limiter just to keep things in check regardless of gear options. You don't need to worry about temps or limiters any of that stuff ever again w/ the hw 4k. Gear 13-16depending on setup your esc/ esc settings and size of track and just smile and race. These really are expected results though with a rotor as big as it is vs. the pro4’s.

It has a different power band w/ more torque for when you need/want it.. subjective of course if you actually like the 'feel'. I've found you can come off a tight turn and be a little off the line and still have the rear needed to nail everything just a little easier than w/ the pro4. You can even adjust in flight a little better if you have a less than perfect take off. This was far more challenging w/ either of the tekins I owned when setup to the 'race settings' to avoid heat issues. For someone who can throw fast laps but may miss a line or two (unlike you guys that nail it every time :P) it can make a big difference through the duration of a race. Top end it will stay with or even walk away from the 4600 depending on setup and with a lower temp.

Please note this is all my opinion, but is supported by my experience w/ all of these choices discussed (actually have tried 12 motors and 5 escs in this truck) over the last few years. Ask others though w/ this setup and see what their thoughts are,, I'd suspect they have had similar results.

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
The V3 isnt available just yet according to COBRARACING yet it shows available on Falconsekido so who knows BUT i say go with the SCT Pro or SCT PRO combo since just the esc price is half the price of the V3 esc plus if your running a 4pole you wouldnt need all the extra settings as im very happy with my SCT Pro

There we go...New spokesman/driver for Hobbywing(HWNA). Once you go Hobbywing, u wont go back....lmao
V3's have been out since spring, v3.1 is now available with some minor improvements. Agree most are just fine w/ the sctpro.

+1 I need a sponsorship, hook me up!

Last edited by 8ight-e; 02-04-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

oh crap....i over looked that, LMAO

But still...if you like more settings for the money the V3 would be good but the SCT pro will do it for most people. I just wish it had more of a power limiter(governed type control) not just the punch...SO a PUNCH control and TOP SPEED? control

I like the quick on power of the punch setting being up...but full power is too much inside and would still like the punch as soon as i hit it but dont want to go 40mph inside and im running a 13t pinion and dont need to go lower
Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

But still...if you like more settings for the money the V3 would be good but the SCT pro will do it for most people. I just wish it had more of a power limiter(governed type control) not just the punch...SO a PUNCH control and TOP SPEED? control

I like the quick on power of the punch setting being up...but full power is too much inside and would still like the punch as soon as i hit it but dont want to go 40mph inside and im running a 13t pinion and dont need to go lower
realistically, if you want to spend twice the money on a v3, with more options, just go with a tekin rx8. There's nothing wrong with it, except sct-pro is cheaper and works fine.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

I've found the best indoor setting to be 14t with about 82-85% throttle on the Tx. Still have the right amount of punch but the top end is in control, still no heat issues. Then if I need to dial it up a touch quick I can when the track conditions are right.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1 I need a sponsorship, hook me up!
Dude, I thought you were sponsored by HW.
I mean the way you go on and on and on about it...

We get it YOU LOVE the HW 4000kv

All in fun, bro.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ORDERED ONE TODAY!!!

what length sensor wire do i need? obviously the one i have now will not work.

thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Nice! I wish I could by liter sized bottles of 27.5 and 5000K!

Hope I can get the kit in time to run the SC showdown in March at RCE
Me too.My thoughts exactly!Did you make it to last years SC Showdown?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did I makes the right move... I am looking to run 4x4 sc this summer, and just ordered a SCTE for $210. Should I have waited for the 2.0?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Oceans41
Did I makes the right move... I am looking to run 4x4 sc this summer, and just ordered a SCTE for $210. Should I have waited for the 2.0?
If you don't buy the TLR tuning kit for the scte 1.0, make sure to at least get

1) front/rear carbon shock towers
2) rear kit of racing springs
3) kit of sway bars

I'd also get three of the new diff cups and just swap them out from day one when you put in your oils and take out the grease. Otherwise it'll be a good truck to you, plenty of tweaks listed on the other 1.0 scte thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.