Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or use a condem, maybe magnums?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!Simple, cheap and people been doing it for years...And some folks still complaining about what was and what was not included on the 2.0, and acting like they are soo Pissed Look Ryan does not own TLR and some heavy pocketed big wigs who know nothing about lap times has to give the thumbs up before any of this happened.I am quite stoked that this truck is available at all,much less the ver -1 when it showed up.
If You Have a spare Million laying around go build and market Your truck and we will see How many times it hits the podium If You don't like the 2.0 nobody here really caresThe fact that a small company put out a truck of comparable quality(some may say better) Is a huge accomplishment and I think they and that truck are and will do well!!!Competition is why I do this !!If The 2.0 left off or did not change what You wanted Maybe the other truck is for You!!!!!Either way We have some good choices to go racing with !!!!
Yeah I've used balloon to cover rx/s. I'm sure hoping your not talking about me when you mean complaining and being pissed.
All I have done is praise the 2.0 but also voiced what I thought was missing and/or didn't like.
I'm excited about the 2.0
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Or use a condem, maybe magnums?
He is not lying kids ,these are multi use!!!.

Originally Posted by Conti027
Yeah I've used balloon to cover rx/s. I'm sure hoping your not talking about me when you mean complaining and being pissed.
All I have done is praise the 2.0 but also voiced what I thought was missing and/or didn't like.
I'm excited about the 2.0
Oh no, not You , just some that crack me up is all..It was very cool for the Tekno Rep to come on here and say something.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
As ryan stated they do not offer alum towers with the updated holes but you can always run the CNC alum towers from the 1.0 if alum towers are that important to you. Most people run the carbon towers with this truck.

Nothing special about the tekin motors we run. The one in my truck was first batch and still running it. Love that motor.

The HD motor he was running was no the 4300 but a test motor of lower KV. Ran great. Can't wait for the HD motors to come out
Listen you guys keep running those 4600s, using the hw 4k is the only advantage guys like me have to help stay on your same lap lol opinion from owning both..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Listen you guys keep running those 4600s, using the hw 4k is the only advantage guys like me have to help stay on your same lap lol opinion from owning both..
I went ahead and caved and bought one. Your posts about how good it is are killin me!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You know, I was building up new TLR option shocks this weekend for my SCTE (which are the exact same as what come with the 2.0 kit) and I was sorely disappointed at the quality of the pistons, o-rings, and shock bottoms... After three go-arounds with just one shock and constant leaking from the bottom, I gave up.

Now I've built and rebuilt probably hundreds of shocks over the years.. This was the worst experience I ever had.

Upon closer inspection, the pistons I wanted to use (#3 and #4's) were all warped which caused the piston to hang in some spots travelling up and down inside the shock body. But what caused the leaking was that the o-rings that come with the rebuild kits, are about 0.5mm larger in ID than the shock shaft-itself (Shock shaft outside diameter is approximately 3.5mm and o-ring inside diameter is 4.0mm).

I ended up going with TLR22 #54 pistons and TLR22 low-friction shock o-rings, instead. Problem solved.... until I realized that one of the four shock bottoms, had a larger hole with an inside diameter of nearly 5.0mm, which was more than 0.5mm larger than the other shock bottoms. That one shock almost drained completely of oil after a little over 2 hours of sitting in my shock stand. Now I've got to order a complete extra Shock Plastics set, just for one that was manufactured properly.....

It's not that difficult, guys.. But what a disappointing weekend I had, with that problem. Ridiculous.

Just a little heads-up for everyone.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Very surprising. I've had nothing but perfect results with these shocks - either the original blue ones or the full option HD & TiNi + Bleeder caps. They hav always built very easily and have not leaked at all for me. And they hardly f'd dirty either - I always feel bad dumping out clear shock fluid when I rebuild the shocks.

The only complaint I've had has been that you can't buy the i rings separately and hav to buy two rebuild kits to get the o rings for 4 shocks.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Very surprising. I've had nothing but perfect results with these shocks - either the original blue ones or the full option HD & TiNi + Bleeder caps. They hav always built very easily and have not leaked at all for me. And they hardly f'd dirty either - I always feel bad dumping out clear shock fluid when I rebuild the shocks.

The only complaint I've had has been that you can't buy the i rings separately and hav to buy two rebuild kits to get the o rings for 4 shocks.
Same here! I've only had Losi cars, with the exception of a couple AE's when I was younger, two Traxxas', a Serpent now, and a few CRC 1/12's...

Every Losi I ever owned, the shocks went together like BUTTER... From the original building of the kit, to about the 100th time rebuilding the shocks, after nearly 16 years of ownership now - My Double-X4 World's Car, for instance.. lol

Which is why I'm so frustrated by this instance!!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
What is the advantage of the HW 4K motor? There are not many cars out there that run my straightaway speed. I guess I don't understand your comment but am all ears.

You know, I was building up new TLR option shocks this weekend for my SCTE (which are the exact same as what come with the 2.0 kit) and I was sorely disappointed at the quality of the pistons, o-rings, and shock bottoms... After three go-arounds with just one shock and constant leaking from the bottom, I gave up.

Now I've built and rebuilt probably hundreds of shocks over the years.. This was the worst experience I ever had.

Upon closer inspection, the pistons I wanted to use (#3 and #4's) were all warped which caused the piston to hang in some spots travelling up and down inside the shock body. But what caused the leaking was that the o-rings that come with the rebuild kits, are about 0.5mm larger in ID than the shock shaft-itself (Shock shaft outside diameter is approximately 3.5mm and o-ring inside diameter is 4.0mm).

I ended up going with TLR22 #54 pistons and TLR22 low-friction shock o-rings, instead. Problem solved.... until I realized that one of the four shock bottoms, had a larger hole with an inside diameter of nearly 5.0mm, which was more than 0.5mm larger than the other shock bottoms. That one shock almost drained completely of oil after a little over 2 hours of sitting in my shock stand. Now I've got to order a complete extra Shock Plastics set, just for one that was manufactured properly.....

It's not that difficult, guys.. But what a disappointing weekend I had, with that problem. Ridiculous.

These shocks have been insanely reliable. I have yes to blow a shock seal and they have NEVER leaked. I don't run boots or anything and as Grand has stated the shocks don't even suck dirt. This is the first I have heard of anyone have this many problems with the Ten shocks. Some complain they might have a little too much resistance and some have tried 22 o-rings but I love the longevity and no maintiance of the stock setup.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As mentioned earlier on the older thread...there was a batch of rebuild kits that had the DIFF O-RINGS in them instead of the x-ring type shock o-rings in them. They look completely different. It sounds as though you got those. Give CS a call and they will get you taken care of. I apologize for this.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

what the build time on this kit like a few days lol
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by vito
what the build time on this kit like a few days lol
If you know the car already probably about 5 hours or so. I can do a 22SCT in about 3 hours (no electronics). The 4wd takes a little longer with three diffs and such. Not too bad though.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Does the kit come with shock and diff fluid?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Does the kit come with shock and diff fluid?
Yes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Nice! I wish I could by liter sized bottles of 27.5 and 5000K!

Hope I can get the kit in time to run the SC showdown in March at RCE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.