TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am glad to hear some positive things going on. I am amazed at hearing any negativity as this is such an exciting time for this class. I expect it now from the Tekno boys as there is person after person that feels the need to come in this thread and talk bad about things. I hope no one does that to them...I am certainly not like that. I am happy for the competition and enjoy racing everyone and anyone.

I know I have put the best truck out on the market for the most competitive pricing I can. I am a bit put off by the whole receiver box thing as so many cut the old one off and most of us that ran for many years never ran one. But I know most will appreciate the servo being mounted with 4 screws now for much more precise steering.
It's very tough to please everybody, especially with the picky racer crowd. Sometimes it's just a vocal minority of people complaining. Sometimes you get the racers who spend tons of money and develop an entitlement mentality.

It is a very exciting time. Lots of choices. The trucks are getting better and better.

At all of the tracks I've been to, for months, it's been dominated by the Losi truck. You guys are definitely doing something right.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

The receiver topic is about as silly as accusing a business for trying to turn a profit. lol
I like that Tekno's responded here. Maybe some folks can relax a bit and realize all the benefits for the consumers. I'm still undecided and following along. Not sure I want to wait much longer so may stick with a new Tekno for now and just stay up on the new SCTE. I think some of the kids trying to derail this thread should consider nobody was stepping all over the Tekno thread.(as far as I remember) Show the same respect, pick your ride and get em on the track………. if you can.

At this rate, we'll soon have Mugen kits, Durango V3 kits, Kyosho kits, etc. The quality and precision is just getting so good it just cracks me up reading the "bed wetter" post's.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my buddy has the MIP chassis and we run on an outdoor track and he has no RX issues with dirt, dust or mud. /shrug
Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

You guys are funny. If it's just dirt you are worried about, pick up one of these bad boys and some gorilla tape:

Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I run a MIP SCTE on a big blown out 1/8 scale outdoor track that gets nice and muddy after being watered which is also right next to the Pacific Ocean (literally 50 yards away) and have no issues with the RX.

Not sure what people are racing their rigs in to worry so much about this.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by is2scooby
I run a MIP SCTE on a big blown out 1/8 scale outdoor track that gets nice and muddy after being watered which is also right next to the Pacific Ocean (literally 50 yards away) and have no issues with the RX.

Not sure what people are racing their rigs in to worry so much about this.
I stopped running the Cowling on my MIP kit and was worried at first, but it never got dirt right behind the servo. Granted it's indoor clay, but things still get dirty but not right there behind the servo.

Buddy who runs it now just *had* to put the 1.0 radio box in it. He said it's because it looks cleaner, but I thought it looked clean already. Seriously I can't see complaining about it when, for the rare times one is necessary, they are cheap to buy, or probably free if you ask around.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goehm
RX Box Debate is to SCTE 2.0 as The Great Chassis Debate is to SCTE 1.0.
Hahaa!
The Scte is the the first time I run with the reciever protected. Dirt doesn't do squat to the electrics. If worried then there have been already good tips of what to do. A gob of bluetac or putty is ok too, if you don't have the small tabs which come with the recievers.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

The RX box wont be an issue for me, over in the UK 90% of our SCT tracks are astro

Cant wait to upgrade to the 2.0. it will be sometime over the summer though lol
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Check this out, a dropdown for the MT-4.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/11764017-post166.html
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Haker 07. I dont care for the carbon shock towers is Tlr going to offer the shock tower in a cnc alum for the 2.0
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Check this out, a dropdown for the MT-4.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/11764017-post166.html
What kind of receiver box comes with that system?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
What kind of receiver box comes with that system?
It looks just like the Spektrum drop down , they just moved the wheel forward a little .....
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PureEvil95
Love the updates! The 2.0 version should prove to be extremely competive in box form. Great updates from the V1! For those of you who wanted to see more changes or things addressed, you have to understand that the business case has to be there. Making any small changes adds costs to a project and those costs will impact everything down to the consumer price. Every decision a company makes needs to have the bottom line in mind, or else company's dissapear. How do you give the consumer the best product while maintaining profitability. As comsumers, we get to "vote" with our wallets so if you have a problem with the product, do not buy it. Its great to give a company feedback, but some of the comments/attitude directed to the TLR staff are getting annoying. I commend the fact that they are on a public board, reaching out to their customers promoting the products they sell. In todays business world, that type of support is rare. Just want to see the thread stay in a direction that adds value and not drama.
+1
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
OIC , you gotta admit the original stock diff cups were pretty soft ....
Funny you comment on others when they post things related to other vehicles on the Tekno site, here you are pushing tekno... You should practice what preach...
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

ok iam getteing one now i like .
whats a good motor set up and is the mmp esc with 2400 sc motor good to use or the rx8 with pro 4 4600

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.