Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Again, RE-READ my post.... I said all NEW 6 digit part number components.
I think the point is - a "conversion kit" to bring a box stock 1.0 to 2.0 would cost as much if not more as the $500 2.0 kit.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Just need the Tekin HD motors to hurry up

Last edited by USMC STONE; 01-31-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Too brutal
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

No you started it like this tard,
Conversion from SCTE 1.0 to 2.0 takes the following:
And then failed to list all the parts.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Holy Chill out guys
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IMO if you are really into this new kit then save your pennies and get the new kit, period.

I don't know any serious racers who waste their time doing that.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i did quote ur post.. and that says

conversion from 1.0 to 2.0 takes the following.. which isnt true.. but i do see where you later posted saying something about u only listed the 6 digit TLR codes.. which is fine by me..

but ur original post is inaccurate.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I think the point is - a "conversion kit" to bring a box stock 1.0 to 2.0 would cost as much if not more as the $500 2.0 kit.
maybe not on a conversion kit.. however to purchase the stuff seperately.. ur looking at almost 200 bux more.. than if you were to buy a new kit.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

First off...GUYS STOP CALLING EACH OTHER NAMES!!! Let's keep this all positive. You are all arguing about the same reason I said we will not be doing a conversion kit...Its impossible to know exactly what people want, lol.

Originally Posted by rcus3r
TLR - what are the ranges of battery sizes the new battery mounting will accommodate? Kind of difficult to tell from the pics. Thanks.
The battery tray is setup to accomodate ROAR 2s sizing and then a little wiggle room. The thumb screws go onto 5/40 threads so you could always put longer ones in and run a taller pack.

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Just watched both videos with Gary (3.0 & 2.0) and I am a little confused...

I feel like a better team is on the 1/10 side. More excited about a SCT than an 1/8 scale buggy.

Seems like the 1/8 team is stuck on some of the trademarks of the platform and can't start totally fresh. Really was hoping for a chassis from them like the new 2.0

Oh well, hopefully the E-version takes a couple of pointers from Ryan and his crew and gets rid of that unequal flex...
The changes they made to the 8 3.0 made a huge difference in the way the car performs so I am sure the passion is there especially knowing how much testing was done. It is not quite time to start a whole new platform for a nitro 8th scale with the way people are viewing nitro right now so until that time, this is a huge change. And yeah...I always try to get my input in of course wherever I can.

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
These should be coming soon enough. My pro4 4600 did great last night against Barry's LRP 550 4 pole he is testing. I have also ran the pro4 hd but mine was the lower kv version and it is a beast, I too look forward to it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
First off...GUYS STOP CALLING EACH OTHER NAMES!!! Let's keep this all positive. You are all arguing about the same reason I said we will not be doing a conversion kit...Its impossible to know exactly what people want, lol.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya prolly gonna have a 180 price tag!!!Hobbywong 4000 kv!!!

No you started it like this tard,
Conversion from SCTE 1.0 to 2.0 takes the following:
And then failed to list all the parts.
Dude what are You in the 5th grade? Tard really???Very uncool word to throw around!!!!Look people relax,This little tit for tat crap happens on every thread that starts a new vehicle.Proof Big Kids Playing with Toy cars!!!!!!How about 8,000
views in 24 hrs for this new platform!!!Unreal!!!!Casper track review please!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
IMO if you are really into this new kit then save your pennies and get the new kit, period.

I don't know any serious racers who waste their time doing that.
So serious racers haven't already invested over a grand into their current 1.0 with hop-ups and the roller, alone?

You'd rather drop another $500 to get an extra roller, versus getting just the parts you want or need to bring it up to partial or even full 2.0 spec (and I mean chassis configuration only, not all the hop-ups and junk since you'll be transferring over what you already have).

I'm actually an extremely serious racer, more than most on here, yet I'd do this in a heartbeat, first and foremost?

Never a waste of time. PLUS, it also helps familiarize oneself with component compatibility between the two, instead of being lazy and just getting a whole other kit.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlwaysLOSI
Thats great Ryan but my truck is/was a fresh truck 2 weeks ago. So I am not in the market for a fresh one. I may however, be in the market for a few upgrades that I did not get with the TLR tuning kit.
You would be a candidate to add parts. Ryan's comments were more to the guy who has a season on his truck and wants to add the new parts to update it. There is nothing like a fresh truck (mine was the second oldest truck ever!) so to have everything new and updated was awesome. If your truck is all worn out just suck up the kit price. You can sell the old one to make back some money or pull it apart for extras and parts to have in a pinch if you actually figure out a way to break this truck!

Originally Posted by BmainStar

Dude what are You in the 5th grade? Tard really???Very uncool word to throw around!!!!Look people relax,This little tit for tat crap happens on every thread that starts a new vehicle.Proof Big Kids Playing with Toy cars!!!!!!How about 8,000
Lets let the name calling and all that other stuff go. There are guys back in here that all they like to do is stir up controversy. The first 12 or so pages of this thread were awesome. The last few not so much.

First run of the new truck. I had the shocks setup too light. We had a cold spell going on here when I built the truck so dropped 2.5wt all around from what I would have normally put in and truck was too soft. Went back up 2.5wt all around and readjusted all my camber, and ride height after a shake down run and truck was amazing. I am a little rusty on my driving so I was not laying down Dunford/Baker lap times but not too far off. Truck was easy to drive and handled just like we remember from all the testing and we can push this truck harder and harder. It is just getting the groove back. Should be a great year of racing! I can't remember how good it felt to have a new car and with all the great performance upgrades this truck comes with it is was amazing to feel how good the suspension and everything worked. It was soooooooo quite as well. It was a great shake down of the truck and kind of got her broken in so can't wait to get back to the track.

I also go my first stress test. A traxxas jumped on to the stright right in front of me on my second pack. Lets just say I won! Still as durable as ever not that we had any doubt of that!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

So serious racers haven't already invested over a grand into their current 1.0 with hop-ups and the roller, alone?

You'd rather drop another $500 to get an extra roller, versus getting just the parts you want or need to bring it up to partial or even full 2.0 spec (and I mean chassis configuration only, not all the hop-ups and junk since you'll be transferring over what you already have).

I'm actually an extremely serious racer, more than most on here, yet I'd do this in a heartbeat, first and foremost?

Never a waste of time. PLUS, it also helps familiarize oneself with component compatibility between the two, instead of being lazy and just getting a whole other kit.
So Your a extremely serious Racer that doesn't want a Kit???OK..Dude buy what You want but yer starting to beat a Dead Horse here..Cheers!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BmainStar

Riv please put that TLR sticker back over your mouth!

I love you MAN!!!

This may sway me into getting a 4x4 since TLR didnt announce a 4x4 buggy which is what I really want but I will not buy asSLOciated!.

Pegasus Friday night?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

i am a serious racer.. i race at every RCPRO race.. and State race.. and club race almost every weekend..

and i have a SCTE 1.0 fully done up.. with just about everything TLR has.. except the diff cases sofar..

i am buying a new kit.. for the simple fact.. its all new.. has everything i currently have.. plus all the new stuff..

i priced it out.. it would be right at 192 bux to get all the stuff for my truck..minus the towers.. i figure the new tower holes may not be worth the coin.. lol.. and new axels for rear and both center axels.

i will buy the new truck.. sell my current one.. which is not in bad shape.. its in race form.. to a local.. for a great deal.. of like 250ish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.