Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475
This sucks no servo tray!!!
What do you mean by servo tray?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I really don't see the need for a larger heavier shock. The current 12mm shocks work really well with this truck. The 2 hole pistons we have been playing with for a while really make for a stable platform that absorbs impacts well. The stock pistons work well also.
When are these 2 hole pistons going to be available? What size are the holes?

Using 16mm shocks on the 1.0 was a night and day difference over the stockers.

The axles being the same material is disappointing, Those things wear way too fast.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I still and never will understand why they dont run the center drive shaft down the center like the Tekno sct410.
With the angle of the front-center drive shaft, there is a small amount of bone bind, which helps bleed a bit more power to the rear. When you are on power, more of the weight is transferred to the rear and the front end gets lighter. This makes it easier to spring the front tires or 'diff' them out. With the front-center bone bind bleeding power to the rear of the truck under acceleration, it increase forward drive out of the turn.

This design wasn't by accident

I have been running the new truck for quite a while, and it work very well. It really helps the truck have more steering while also making the rear end much more stable. Best part, is that you can race the truck as it comes out of the box. I haven't run any upgrades that the kit doesn't come with. You guys will love it!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
What do you mean by servo tray?
The servo tray that held the reciever next to it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

I just want to say thank you to Ryan\Doug and the TLR team for bringing us a truck with great parts right out of the box and keeping it simple for those with the current 1.0 versions to change a few things and update. I really like the decisions made and I think it's been well thought out.

Don't let the odd negative post by some on here get you down boys...some people just can't be positive.

Once again..Great job!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does the TLR TINI screw kit work with the new truck?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
With the angle of the front-center drive shaft, there is a small amount of bone bind, which helps bleed a bit more power to the rear. When you are on power, more of the weight is transferred to the rear and the front end gets lighter. This makes it easier to spring the front tires or 'diff' them out. With the front-center bone bind bleeding power to the rear of the truck under acceleration, it increase forward drive out of the turn.

That makes quite a by of sense, actually. Thanks for clearing that up Frank!

Also - here's hoping nobody has Bone Bind anywhere but in their truck!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default .

yeah but did they make the truck metric hardware,or is it still standard?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root

I have been running the new truck for quite a while, and it work very well. It really helps the truck have more steering while also making the rear end much more stable. Best part, is that you can race the truck as it comes out of the box. I haven't run any upgrades that the kit doesn't come with. You guys will love it!
If that's the case, why does the new 8ight 3.0 use the new center dogbones to eliminate just this "issue"?

In all my years of running a 3 diff system, I've never seen an instance where running overdrive in the rear, which is what you are describing the bind effect creating, was the hot settup. Overdrive in the front, yes.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am quite pleased with the truck, and happy if I devide to update my truck I can do so at a reasonable price and it is not difficult. Thank YOU TLR!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Man it is nice ! Good job my question is why has Losi have not switched to all Metric screws like the 22 series

My SCTE is pretty much stock but im just going to add the needed upgrades really little by little when needed. Good thing is i can use the manuel of the SCTE 2.0 when putting it back together not to dumb exployed views lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

I can't say anything bad about $469.... probably have $12-$1500 in mine now. Which is soon to become a backup.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Please TLR do a conversion kit so we can all bring our SCTE's up to 2.0 spec lol

Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1 on keeping it simple and upgradable from the original SCTE. Great job TLR!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No one gave any thought to dropping the "TEN" from the name and redesigning the TEN-T SCTE giant T logo?

I know it's based on the TEN platform, but man nobody calls it the TEN SCTE - everyone just calls it the SCTE.

And that giant T logo is weak and dated.

Other than that - still very happy today. Just wish I was out there racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.