R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 11-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #8761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_959 View Post
well that's one thing I did overlook ... dammit lol. at work now, I will take a look at lunch.
Take a look at pivot points. With shocks off, suspension should move through fulll travel with no binding. Check your shock mounting points. If you over tighten the top it will pinch the bushing swelling it inside the shock cap and bind. On the bottom, if the ball binds any in the shock end it needs to be able to rotate on the screw. I run the screws on the bottom in till they touch the a arm, no more. Same for the nuts on top, leave them lose enough to allow the bushing to rotate. If everything is freely moving you may have something binding within the shock seals. Seals can't be run dry. Some slime or other lube on o-rings is the ticket for free moving shocks. Might have a cut o-ring binding up.

Let us know what you find. Always good to share and help others.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #8762
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I went ahead and did the conversion.
I didn't change anything from stock settings. The shocks are literally just turned over. I still have complete movement as original.
The shock tower mount was done with a 1.25mm step off washed out back, and a 1.5mm washer out back. So even the tilt is the same.
I will be making an .020 carbon bottom and face plates that should more than make up for what was lost in strength and rigidness with very little added weight.
The actual CG drop was significant in my make shift balance scale. I will get real data once I get to the shop.

I will be testing everything this weekend.

Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #8763
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Take a look at pivot points. With shocks off, suspension should move through fulll travel with no binding. Check your shock mounting points. If you over tighten the top it will pinch the bushing swelling it inside the shock cap and bind. On the bottom, if the ball binds any in the shock end it needs to be able to rotate on the screw. I run the screws on the bottom in till they touch the a arm, no more. Same for the nuts on top, leave them lose enough to allow the bushing to rotate. If everything is freely moving you may have something binding within the shock seals. Seals can't be run dry. Some slime or other lube on o-rings is the ticket for free moving shocks. Might have a cut o-ring binding up.

Let us know what you find. Always good to share and help others.
thanks for the information, I will be lookin at my scews for the shocks when I get home tonight.

I figured out my problem. I had old/weak a-arms that were bending and just plain bent!. replaces both front and rear. brought my ride height up to about 28mm!! lol. still going to check my screws to make sure I didn't overtighten. also installed the Purple/red springs on latest setup sheet.
jay_959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #8764
Tech Master

Thats good. A Arms seem to last but they do sag over time. I replace them once a year. I should be storing my truck hanging or on a stand to take weight off the arms during hot summer heat. Another project, need ideas to build something for 10 cars
Old 11-17-2015, 06:34 AM   #8765
Tech Initiate

Default ride hieght, 22 shocks.

Quote:
Thats good. A Arms seem to last but they do sag over time. I replace them once a year. I should be storing my truck hanging or on a stand to take weight off the arms during hot summer heat. Another project, need ideas to build something for 10 cars
10 Cars?? Jesus, I'm having a hard time getting my third haha. I typically keep my cars on my stand or lay them on the side when I go marshal ect.. this might be a good idea to keep the cars off the ground ... PS. these arnt my cars
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-rc3racksbuilt_zpsd7b58fad.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:22 AM   #8766
Tech Master

I like that wall rack, but not sure how to make one.

Yeap, down to 10-14 now and a few junk yard parts rigs. Do this hobby for 30 years and you keep a few of the cars you were attached to. A few got away from me over the years
Old 11-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #8767
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
I like that wall rack, but not sure how to make one.

Yeap, down to 10-14 now and a few junk yard parts rigs. Do this hobby for 30 years and you keep a few of the cars you were attached to. A few got away from me over the years

That rack is super simple. Flat piece of what ever length you want for height/car wise....Dowels or L brackets and mount. Couldn't get any easier.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #8768
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Black fronts and Orange rears (this is probably what I have on my truck)

Pistons are 4 hole 1.1's

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil..._Manual_EN.pdf
Considering purchasing this shock conversion kit.

However, I don't see any oil recommendation within the instruction sheet. And it seems you all are running a newer piston/oil setup.

If you could please provide the recommended oil fr/rr for the stock machined pistons which come with the kit.

Thx!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #8769
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post

However, I don't see any oil recommendation within the instruction sheet. And it seems you all are running a newer piston/oil setup.

If you could please provide the recommended oil fr/rr for the stock machined pistons which come with the kit.

Thx!
32 in front and 22 in rear.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #8770
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Losi ten SCTE 2.0 motor screws

Hey guys!

I'm trying to put together a few cars for dirt track racing, but I'm having issues finding a few parts. In this case, I can't seem to find the screws I need to mount my pro4 and pro4 HD(If the screws are different) motors to my losi SCTE 4x4. The part I am referring to is #LOSB2413

the little slider has 2 screw holes that would mount to the motor, and then the motor slides onto the bracket that is mounted to the frame. Any idea where I can find these?

-Matt
lightmaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #8771
Tech Initiate

Quote:

Thx!
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil..._Manual_EN.pdf

35wt front
25wt rear.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #8772
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaat View Post
Hey guys!

I'm trying to put together a few cars for dirt track racing, but I'm having issues finding a few parts. In this case, I can't seem to find the screws I need to mount my pro4 and pro4 HD(If the screws are different) motors to my losi SCTE 4x4. The part I am referring to is #LOSB2413

the little slider has 2 screw holes that would mount to the motor, and then the motor slides onto the bracket that is mounted to the frame. Any idea where I can find these?

-Matt
The screws are m3x.8 you can get them at any hobby shop or most hardware stores.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #8773
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
This updated truck will look nearly identical to the existing truck. We updated materials, worked over some molds, worked on metals, gears, things like that. The truck is identical in geometry. Meaning all of the parts will look identical with the exception of the plastic rear hubs (more material around the hinge pin so they are stronger), ring and pinion gears (look black now), and the hinge pins and shock shafts (TICN now).

You will notice that things like the bearing fitment on the diff cases is better, the pins fit in the outdrives a bit tighter, the entire drivetrain is smoother and much quieter, bumper are more flexible so they last much longer, sway bar plastics fit the balls much better, stuff like this.

I basically went through the entire truck like it was a new project again and we re-evaluated everything and fixed everything we could think of.
Appreciate informing the public of this.

ETA?
Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #8774
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Appreciate informing the public of this.

ETA?
That is what has been shipping all year, and is in stock now, TLR03000.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 PM   #8775
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any plans on a new 3.0 with big changes soon,Everyone that is competitive is going with the new 410.3 at most tracks ive been too. Why is losi coming out with new models for other models and leaving the sct the same for so long?
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote