R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #7711
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,529
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77 View Post
Will the ring an pinnion gear be straight cut??? On the new revision??
nope, they are still spiral cut.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #7712
Tech Master
 
DoogieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Posts: 1,361
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

what gearing and esc settings do you guys run with Hobbywing SCT pro with 4000kv?
__________________
Kevin 'Doogie' Lee
--------------------------
\m/ SCTE 3.0*XB8e\m/
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #7713
Tech Adept
 
Razorbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
what gearing and esc settings do you guys run with Hobbywing SCT pro with 4000kv?
__________________________________________________ _____
ESC 1)Forward/Brake. 2) 0% Drag. 3) 2.6VCell. 4)Level 5 punch. 5) 75% brake
6)25%. 7) 0%. 8) 9%. 9) 5 timing. 10) enable. 14T or 15T pinion.
Razorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #7714
Tech Master
 
DoogieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Posts: 1,361
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbelly View Post
__________________________________________________ _____
ESC 1)Forward/Brake. 2) 0% Drag. 3) 2.6VCell. 4)Level 5 punch. 5) 75% brake
6)25%. 7) 0%. 8) 9%. 9) 5 timing. 10) enable. 14T or 15T pinion.
That basically what I have mine set at, i'm coming from a VTX8 and 4000kv HW motor, decided to freshen my electrics up, so I got a new SCT combo, and it just didnt seem to have the balls my old setup had. It was noticeably slower. I have it geared with a 15 and temps reasonable (120) i bumped my timing up to 7 and it kicked up more speed, and only temped 130. Guess I just need some more time with this setup to get it dialed in.
__________________
Kevin 'Doogie' Lee
--------------------------
\m/ SCTE 3.0*XB8e\m/
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #7715
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How important is the fluid in the diff's? and how does different weight affect handling? Trying to learn something, as I get more and more into it just like when racing the Custom Works sprints, even though someone says this is the setup to go with kind of like the newest Dunford setup, just because it works for him don't mean it is perfect for me. So more I can learn and understand it helps me tweak my own.
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #7716
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Fluids in the diffs are very important. Most can feel going up in each weight increment such as 2k to 3k.

Start with a known good setup an adjust to your style and track. Dunfords' or Caspers are good places to start.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #7717
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,764
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
How important is the fluid in the diff's? and how does different weight affect handling? Trying to learn something, as I get more and more into it just like when racing the Custom Works sprints, even though someone says this is the setup to go with kind of like the newest Dunford setup, just because it works for him don't mean it is perfect for me. So more I can learn and understand it helps me tweak my own.
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...uning_Tips.pdf

Great reading if you are new to the truck or 4wd.

+1 to Mr. Pike!
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 4.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:06 AM   #7718
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Casper I already have that and have it on my tablet to take to the track with me. I just never considered changing the fluid at the track. would be nice if the diffs had a fill and drain plug so you didn't have to do a total disassemble to try different fluids.
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #7719
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,764
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
Thanks Casper I already have that and have it on my tablet to take to the track with me. I just never considered changing the fluid at the track. would be nice if the diffs had a fill and drain plug so you didn't have to do a total disassemble to try different fluids.
Yeah it is a little bit of a process. The other option is to buy a spare diff.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 4.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #7720
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I was going to buy new ones this year after the indoor season was over, that may be a good idea. build and install new, then keep the old ones and rebuild them with different wt. oils.
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #7721
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 534
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Shocks

Does anyone know if Losi 8 3.0 shock towers will fit on the Losi SCTE 2.0? I'm doing the MIP Conversion and wanted to use 8 shocks on it and aluminum towers front and rear...they seem like they will fit but not sure if I need longer shock or will the SCTE 2.0 shocks work...or will the shock towers of the Losi 8 fit?
YonkersRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #7722
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,764
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonkersRC View Post
Does anyone know if Losi 8 3.0 shock towers will fit on the Losi SCTE 2.0? I'm doing the MIP Conversion and wanted to use 8 shocks on it and aluminum towers front and rear...they seem like they will fit but not sure if I need longer shock or will the SCTE 2.0 shocks work...or will the shock towers of the Losi 8 fit?
No the diff cases are smaller on the Ten series.

You should not need 8ight shocks. Being the 8th scale conversions acutally lighten up the truck the stock shocks should be good.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 4.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #7723
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 534
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No the diff cases are smaller on the Ten series.

You should not need 8ight shocks. Being the 8th scale conversions acutally lighten up the truck the stock shocks should be good.
I'm trying to add weight to reach 7lbs so I can race it at Motorama...any suggestions?

Anthony
YonkersRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #7724
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonkersRC View Post
I'm trying to add weight to reach 7lbs so I can race it at Motorama...any suggestions?

Anthony
Run a heavier battery, add stick weights to the chassis until your buggy is 7 pounds.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #7725
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 534
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
Run a heavier battery, add stick weights to the chassis until your buggy is 7 pounds.


Stupid question...newer to racing...where can I get stick weights?

Sorry
YonkersRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net