R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #7606
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 469
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Not sure how many of you race at Sparks Park, but I'm looking at getting a new set of tires, would like to go with pre mounted was looking at these tires but not sure on the compound or if these will be good for there. or if there is a better choice.

http://www.amain.com/aka-racing-hand...79016?v=252786
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #7607
Tech Adept
 
A2Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I am having issues with the rear end of my SCTE 2.0 not rebounding. I run 27.5 wt shock oil and silver springs, nothing is binding but when I push down on the rear end of my truck it just stays down. I was wondering if there is anything I should be focusing on to correct this issue.

A couple other pieces of information, my shock shafts are not bend but the gold finish has worn off. My battery is in the center position and I don't have any extra weight on the rear end. So I am not sure why there is no rebound. I have drained and refilled the shocks and they are full.

This actually caused me to have a nasty wreck, on a high speed straight away the rear end of my truck made contact with a small jump and caused me to crash end over end. It resulted in only my 2nd DNF in 45+ races so I am hoping to correct the issue and avoid future wrecks like I had last week.

Thanks,
A2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #7608
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,758
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Racing View Post
I am having issues with the rear end of my SCTE 2.0 not rebounding. I run 27.5 wt shock oil and silver springs, nothing is binding but when I push down on the rear end of my truck it just stays down. I was wondering if there is anything I should be focusing on to correct this issue.

A couple other pieces of information, my shock shafts are not bend but the gold finish has worn off. My battery is in the center position and I don't have any extra weight on the rear end. So I am not sure why there is no rebound. I have drained and refilled the shocks and they are full.

This actually caused me to have a nasty wreck, on a high speed straight away the rear end of my truck made contact with a small jump and caused me to crash end over end. It resulted in only my 2nd DNF in 45+ races so I am hoping to correct the issue and avoid future wrecks like I had last week.

Thanks,
Make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock bushings. I see this a lot on this truck.

Make sure the sway bar mounts are not too tight and adjusted for travel.

We tend to back off the rear pivot support screws about 1/4 turn as well. (the two REALLY long screws that hold the pivots to the diff case.

Something is binding this up. It should rebound just fine assuming your ride height is ok. How old are the shock o-rings. this truck typically does not have issues with o-ring swell but this could be part of it as well
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #7609
Tech Adept
 
A2Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Casper those are all great suggestions and I will check out the truck tonight. I tend to overtighten everything so I will check the areas you suggested. As for the O-Rings, they have never been changed and the truck is now a year old and has seen a ton of track time. I am planning to do a complete refresh soon so I wouldn't be surprised if the o-rings need to be changed.

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock bushings. I see this a lot on this truck.

Make sure the sway bar mounts are not too tight and adjusted for travel.

We tend to back off the rear pivot support screws about 1/4 turn as well. (the two REALLY long screws that hold the pivots to the diff case.

Something is binding this up. It should rebound just fine assuming your ride height is ok. How old are the shock o-rings. this truck typically does not have issues with o-ring swell but this could be part of it as well
A2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #7610
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
When are the scte 2.0 going to be back in stock? Just can't seem to find them anywhere
We are working to get them back in stock as soon as possible of course. But the soonest I could even see this happening would be the end of February. And that is barring nothing goes wrong and I am allowed to air ship them in and all.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #7611
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
When are the scte 2.0 going to be back in stock? Just can't seem to find them anywhere
We are working to get them back in stock as soon as possible of course. But the soonest I could even see this happening would be the end of February. And that is barring nothing goes wrong and I am allowed to air ship them in and all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOSI-TEN-SCT...item19fa37ff67
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #7612
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Ryan, will the new updated parts have the same part number?
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #7613
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Yeah, that is the latest setup and it is easier to drive faster in my opinion. It is worth a try I think.
Ryan,
What would you tweak on this setup if you wanted the truck to be more aggressive, more twitchy. My track is tigh with a lot of 180 turns. I drove a buddies Tekno and it felt more agressive and rotated better. I know how I want the truck to drive but not sure how to connect the dots. I have your setup referenced above under the truck now. Thanks
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #7614
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,758
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
Ryan,
What would you tweak on this setup if you wanted the truck to be more aggressive, more twitchy. My track is tigh with a lot of 180 turns. I drove a buddies Tekno and it felt more agressive and rotated better. I know how I want the truck to drive but not sure how to connect the dots. I have your setup referenced above under the truck now. Thanks
Do you have the heavy swaybars on?
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #7615
Tech Initiate
 
thebalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before but what part number do I look up to get the heavy swaybars for the new OCRC setup? Thanks.
thebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #7616
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalance View Post
Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before but what part number do I look up to get the heavy swaybars for the new OCRC setup? Thanks.
Losa1750
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #7617
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,758
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalance View Post
Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before but what part number do I look up to get the heavy swaybars for the new OCRC setup? Thanks.
You can use a front sway bar from the 8ight series. TLR has not released a heavy front swaybar set specific for the SCTE yet.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #7618
Tech Addict
 
huzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hemet
Posts: 704
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
Ryan,
What would you tweak on this setup if you wanted the truck to be more aggressive, more twitchy. My track is tigh with a lot of 180 turns. I drove a buddies Tekno and it felt more agressive and rotated better. I know how I want the truck to drive but not sure how to connect the dots. I have your setup referenced above under the truck now. Thanks
I went with the front Tekno driveshafts and Integy castor block/steering knuckles and it has a lot more steering then stock. Also Put the pivot block inserts in REAR as Front 1 up Rear .5 in. Then the FRONT block front 1 down rear 1 up. It can turn just as good as my EB48.
__________________
Tekno EB48.2,Associated B5,Losi SCTE Pro8,Losi xxxsct,Jammin X2 ,Jammin scrt10,RC10.
huzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #7619
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

If you guys want to make your shocks way smoother these orings are a direct replacement for stock and have very little drag.

http://www.amain.com/xray-silicone-o...x2mm-10/p22775
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #7620
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Do you have the heavy swaybars on?
Yes Casper. I didn't put on the 2.3 from the 8ight but I used the 2 from the scte kit. I actually took the front one completely off after running several laps. Still not satisfied.
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net