R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 11-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #7366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigz View Post
Differentials seem to be leaking, more so the center and its leaking on the opposite side of the spur. I've replaced the o-ring and yet again leaks after a lap. Any fixes? Could I possibly be over filling them? I'm sure the front and rears are leaking as well as they look a little oily. Frustrated that my whole time at the track today was spent trying to fix the differentials.
If they are hd diff, make sure you are putting grease on the groove of the outdrives. Make sure you have the oring and washer under the pin that holds the outdrives in. Next put the sun gear in and planet gears. Then fill the diff then put the top sun gear in wipe the excess off with a towel. This ensures a consistent build everytime and your not over filling the diff. This is actually a ryan lutz tip. Next put the top of the diff on ensuring the gasket is in place as well as grease or diff oil on it. Next start put the screws in ensure they are tight in a star pattern. Do not over tighten they will stop when they are seated.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #7367
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
If they are hd diff, make sure you are putting grease on the groove of the outdrives. Make sure you have the oring and washer under the pin that holds the outdrives in. Next put the sun gear in and planet gears. Then fill the diff then put the top sun gear in wipe the excess off with a towel. This ensures a consistent build everytime and your not over filling the diff. This is actually a ryan lutz tip. Next put the top of the diff on ensuring the gasket is in place as well as grease or diff oil on it. Next start put the screws in ensure they are tight in a star pattern. Do not over tighten they will stop when they are seated.
Unfortunately that's exactly how I rebuild the diffs. I'll redo them once again this weekend. Seem to be leaking where the o-ring is on the outdrive
Grigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #7368
Tech Master

Quote:
Unfortunately that's exactly how I rebuild the diffs. I'll redo them once again this weekend. Seem to be leaking where the o-ring is on the outdrive
And your 100 percent they are hd diffs where the metal hex is infuzed into the diff? Also could the diff cases just be worn out?
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
Old 11-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #7369
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
And your 100 percent they are hd diffs where the metal hex is infuzed into the diff? Also could the diff cases just be worn out?
It's a 2.0, they are HD diffs. The truck is about a month old. I can't imagine them being worn out already.

Last edited by Grigz; 11-15-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Grigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #7370
Tech Master

Quote:
It's a 2.0, they are HD diffs. The truck is about a month old. I can't imagine them being worn out already.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0B46KBZKFw

Thats how i build the diffs.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #7371
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Diffs

Quote:
I do my diffs like lutz also- I also put black grease under and on top of both orings and I run the original diffs- I had to super glue the inserts though and they don't leak a drop - oh I also run a small bead of black grease on top of the blue gasket

Last edited by Rich D; 11-15-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Info
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #7372
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you have inserts, then that is not the HD diff case.

Tekno SCT410.3 / Tekin RX8 Gen3 / Tekin Pro-4 HD 4300 / Savox 1268 servo / Spectrum DX5R
lowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #7373
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whats the best new indoor med to high bite clay setup guys? My truck has been on the shelf for about 5 months and its time to get'er goin again.
Errokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #7374
Tech Adept

Quote:
__________________________________________________ _____
Try using Losi green O-ring greese or black greese under washer/shim with new O-rings also.
Razorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #7375
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errokk View Post
Whats the best new indoor med to high bite clay setup guys? My truck has been on the shelf for about 5 months and its time to get'er goin again.
The newest set up for those conditions would probably be the dunford ocrc setup from September. Its on the casper-rc website.
cttech455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #7376
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had my truck Since they came out and have chased every setup under the sun. Finally got frustrated and put the kit setup back on it and couldn't be happier. Was always getting lapped by the fast guy and now we are on the same lap. My fast lap and my averages have also gotten better. I might tweak a few things on it but for whatever reason the kit build really works for me at my track. My suggestion for anybody struggling with a setup is just do the same as i did and hit the reset button and start over.
Spektrum DX4R Pro
87MagnumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #7377
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I raced at Sparks Park this weekend for the Turkey race, and had a blast. first time racing with my new 2.0 chassis, I had the original MIP chassis that was an upgrade for the 1.0 The truck jumped a lot flatter and handled like I wanted it to. Had to run the B-main and finished 3rd by .04 seconds they only transferred 2, my brother finished 1st so he transferred, I had packed my stuff up and loaded it in the truck ready to go home and the guy who finished 2nd withdrew saying he was leaving early and I could run the A. so I got my stuff and raced the A started 10th, and moved up to 8th felt I could have done better if someone had not plowed into me flat on the side when I got up against the wall and was waiting for a turn marshal, and he broke my front C-hub carrier, and top camber link. so I was done with a little over a min. left to go. and still finished 8th. so other then people not paying attention to what is going on and what the announcer says because he did say watch it at end of the straight way, I was happy and had fun, Glenn and his dad do a real good job at putting on a great race.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #7378
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Subscribed

RCTagz.com
DekelzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #7379
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
I raced at Sparks Park this weekend for the Turkey race, and had a blast. first time racing with my new 2.0 chassis, I had the original MIP chassis that was an upgrade for the 1.0 The truck jumped a lot flatter and handled like I wanted it to. Had to run the B-main and finished 3rd by .04 seconds they only transferred 2, my brother finished 1st so he transferred, I had packed my stuff up and loaded it in the truck ready to go home and the guy who finished 2nd withdrew saying he was leaving early and I could run the A. so I got my stuff and raced the A started 10th, and moved up to 8th felt I could have done better if someone had not plowed into me flat on the side when I got up against the wall and was waiting for a turn marshal, and he broke my front C-hub carrier, and top camber link. so I was done with a little over a min. left to go. and still finished 8th. so other then people not paying attention to what is going on and what the announcer says because he did say watch it at end of the straight way, I was happy and had fun, Glenn and his dad do a real good job at putting on a great race.
Good job. They run an excellent facility.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #7380
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking for a set of good tires for Sparks, dont really have a brand preference, so I'm open for anything that will work well there and has some descent tread life. And I'd like to get pre mounts, I hate gluing them.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote