Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Rpm rear bumper and mount, body mounts, front arms, center shafts from tekno.
These trucks really do not break parts but these are the things I have replaced on my truck. Cracked one arm which is why I replaced.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anybody ever had a solid red light on a r10 pro 2-3s?

I am running a orion 550 vst 4.0 motor.

already asked on the r10 pro fourm and didn't get much help. just seeing if anyone else was having this problem?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CookieFlow
Hey guys,
I read through some pages on this thread, but there are over 360 of them
Welcome! Hah hah, you should try reading the SCTE 1.0 thread.

Anyway, I have had my SCTE 1.0 for 2 years now and don't "bash" per se, but then again I don't race (so am not really trying to take the low risk & low damage route to make it to the end). In any case all my friends are so amazed at the durability of the SCTE that they have now all got them as well.

I have not truly broken any part except the body. The rest was wear and tear. The original chassis from the 1.0 bent, but you have a 2.0. ALthought I have replaced one front A-arm due to bending after a full speed crash into a light pole, I don't think it's worth it to have one on hand. Better to buy one in the UK if you really need it at that time.

Perhaps consider the kingsheads cvd pin keeper which will prevent the pin in the coupler from eventually working its way through the plastic collar. This is less necessary now as there is a set screw built into the coupler in the new design, but sometimes it still manages to work loose. If you get the Tekno centre driveshafts then don't worry about this piece as they have a metal ring collar in their design.

You might also want to consider some serrated locking nuts for the wheels (any brand you like). Sometimes the originals on the 1.0 would come loose. It did for me only on one axle, but since using serrated nuts no problems.

Also you could consider the LOSA6285 left hand threaded screws for the front right and rear left shock mounts. Sometimes, due to the action of the suspension, standard thread screws will work loose. These ones go the other way so they don't go loose.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you very much guys
That is great news, less money to spend!!

What about these parts :
King Headz Motor Mount w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-036]
King Headz Center Differential Front Upright w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-035]
FTW R/C Carbon Fiber Ackerman Set (2)
[FTW00014]
MIP TEN-SCTE Mod1 Spur Gear (41T)
[MIP12199]

They have a good amount of nice comments on Amain, but maybe it's more upgrades for the 1.0?

Thanks !!

Edit : another noob question, I was looking for something like we can see here at 2:22 (It probably has a name, sorry ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iK2hPHx7Q

to put on top on the side guards when bashing, but I can't find any on Amain.
Are those kind of stuff hand made, doesn't exist for the SCTE 2.0, or I just suck a searching?

Last edited by CookieFlow; 10-23-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

I am fairly new to the hobby and just bought a used (but perfect condition) SCTE 2.0 on this forum. I read through some pages on this thread, but there are over 360 of them
I wanted to order some spare parts to have in stock, but have no information on what is most likely to break on this truck? Or if there are some necessary upgrades to make? I heard that the Tekno RC Front//Rear-center driveshafts are a must.
I won't be able to go on the track much because of the winter coming, so I will probably do some light bashing.

Since I live in Europe, it's not as easy to get parts, so I wanted to make one big order on Amain.

Thanks for you help
A set of the dog bones, the diff out drives, spur gear, all the wheel bearings, diff rebuild kits (seal, fluid).
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thank you very much guys
That is great news, less money to spend!!

What about these parts :
King Headz Motor Mount w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-036]
King Headz Center Differential Front Upright w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-035]
FTW R/C Carbon Fiber Ackerman Set (2)
[FTW00014]
MIP TEN-SCTE Mod1 Spur Gear (41T)
[MIP12199]

They have a good amount of nice comments on Amain, but maybe it's more upgrades for the 1.0?

Thanks !!

Edit : another noob question, I was looking for something like we can see here at 2:22 (It probably has a name, sorry ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iK2hPHx7Q

to put on top on the side guards when bashing, but I can't find any on Amain.
Are those kind of stuff hand made, doesn't exist for the SCTE 2.0, or I just suck a searching?
I guess the answer to a lot of your questions comes down to whether you are racing or not.

The Kingshead centre mounts may have helped address outdrive wobble (particularly with the 1.0 when there was a steeper angle between the centre diff to front diff). Some people liked it because it gave them more reliability. Probably most people have been fine without it.

The CF ackerman is more bling than a requirement.

The MIP Spur gear gives you more very-fine tuning options, but non-racers probably find that a simple change in pinion was enough. The spur gear was like half way between 1 tooth change in the pinions.

Those lexan pieces are commonly called side pods, some use it to stop debris flying into the chassis, others used it to prevent airflow and adding to the parachute effect. I don't know if there are any made for the SCTE 2.0. You might be able to find some Outerwears to protect from debris.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got the king headz diff mounts LOVE THEM
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The king heads is great it will save your drives and bearings a for sure up grade. Would not recommend the mip spur it wears to fast IMO just buy stock one as spare. And the ankerman if u have carbon on the 2.0. If you are building up a supply spend money on arms, spur, shock plastics, maybe body mounts, then get a few high discharge high mah lipos and have fun
Old 10-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by silveraider14
anybody ever had a solid red light on a r10 pro 2-3s?

I am running a orion 550 vst 4.0 motor.

already asked on the r10 pro fourm and didn't get much help. just seeing if anyone else was having this problem?
if your throttle trim is advanced slightly the red light comes on solid and you should hear the motor barely trying to start spinning
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks so much for all the tips and detailed answers guys
There is just so much information when you start a new hobby like RC, it's hard to keep track of everything
Does the outerwear protection prevent even a little bit of dust and allow a good enough amount of Air flow for the electronics? It's seems super expensive for a piece a fabric
Also sad there are no discount coupons for the moment on Amain

Edit :

I was thinking of getting a second body, do you guys have any suggestions?
I was looking at :
JConcepts Illuzion "Ford Raptor SVT X-Flow" Short Course Truck Body (Clear) (One Size Fits Most)
[JCI0205]
JConcepts Illuzion "Hi Flow" Short Course Truck Body (Clear) (One Size Fits Most)
[JCI0222]
Pro-Line Flo-Tek Ford F-150 Raptor SVT Body (Clear)
[PRO3366-00]
Pro-Line Flo-Tek Body (Clear) (Slash, Slash 4x4, SC10)
[PRO3355-00]

For the last one, they say it's not compatible with the SCTE, is that correct?

Thanks again!!

Last edited by CookieFlow; 10-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks so much for all the tips and detailed answers guys
There is just so much information when you start a new hobby like RC, it's hard to keep track of everything
Does the outerwear protection prevent even a little bit of dust and allow a good enough amount of Air flow for the electronics? It's seems super expensive for a piece a fabric
Also sad there are no discount coupons for the moment on Amain

Edit :

I was thinking of getting a second body, do you guys have any suggestions?
I was looking at :
JConcepts Illuzion "Ford Raptor SVT X-Flow" Short Course Truck Body (Clear) (One Size Fits Most)
[JCI0205]
JConcepts Illuzion "Hi Flow" Short Course Truck Body (Clear) (One Size Fits Most)
[JCI0222]
Pro-Line Flo-Tek Ford F-150 Raptor SVT Body (Clear)
[PRO3366-00]
Pro-Line Flo-Tek Body (Clear) (Slash, Slash 4x4, SC10)
[PRO3355-00]

For the last one, they say it's not compatible with the SCTE, is that correct?

Thanks again!!
The last one works just fine, it is my body of choice, and what I have used with great success for many months.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
if your throttle trim is advanced slightly the red light comes on solid and you should hear the motor barely trying to start spinning
ok I will give it a try.

thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I have an scte and love it. What would be the best reasons to upgrade to the 2.0? I am thinking of getting a second truck and I want to know if there is that much difference between the two chassis.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpk4ud
Ok I have an scte and love it. What would be the best reasons to upgrade to the 2.0? I am thinking of getting a second truck and I want to know if there is that much difference between the two chassis.
The 2.0 has better balance for increased corner speed and better traction on corner exit. All the things you love about the 1.0 and more.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpk4ud
jpk ... i'll turn down the horsepower and you can try mine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.