Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
Alright guys, I love my scte 2.0 but hate the crappy shocks. It's next to impossible to tighten the bottom caps all the way without having the shock shaft bind and if you leave the bottom cap loose you have the chance of losing oil. I would love to use the front shocks from the 8ight 3.0 and wanted to know if anyone else has done the same thing. If so I would like to know how they are setup and how well they work.

Are you sure you didn't get a Bum set of bottom caps ? are these the same ones you had already installed and your looking to put new ones on ?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Alright guys, I love my scte 2.0 but hate the crappy shocks. It's next to impossible to tighten the bottom caps all the way without having the shock shaft bind and if you leave the bottom cap loose you have the chance of losing oil. I would love to use the front shocks from the 8ight 3.0 and wanted to know if anyone else has done the same thing. If so I would like to know how they are setup and how well they work.
The shocks would be too long from the 3.0. I have used the 8ight 2.0 shocks before just need to put a spacer behind the top of shock to make sure its not rubbing the tower.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Think I asked this in a dead thread, so bringing it up again.

Torque Rods...

I was looking for TLR231010 on ebay, bought two and what showed up were LOSB2426 which were for the flex chassis. Is this the same part, just a revised part number, or is LOSB2426 REAR only. Looking to fit these on front and rear of my BCE chassis.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Think I asked this in a dead thread, so bringing it up again.

Torque Rods...

I was looking for TLR231010 on ebay, bought two and what showed up were LOSB2426 which were for the flex chassis. Is this the same part, just a revised part number, or is LOSB2426 REAR only. Looking to fit these on front and rear of my BCE chassis.
No not the same the 231010 is for the 2.0 and is 80mm witch is longer than the 2426 that was in the 1.0 flex chassis. Both the front and rear 231010 on 2.0 chassis and the 2426 will only fit rear of 1.0 not 2.0.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,
I know this has been covered though I'm not sure with my specific circumstances. I live in Australia and purchased my SCTE 2.0 from modelflight who I believe are the Horizon distributors in Australia. I had a lot of difficulty with the shock bottom caps and they are a bit messed up tot he point where they can be overtightened causing the orings to bind some. I contacted Horizon and they rightfully referred me back to modelflight whom I emailed and have recieved no response. I subsequently ordered the shock plastics to get new bottoms however these were even worse so I ended up putting the old ones back on. I need to know where I can order some shock bottoms from and be sure that I get the correct items.

This little issue hasn't dampened my experience with the truck at all...I absolutely love it and win 90% of my races and have only had 1 DNF with it due to rushing a change to get on the track in time. Keep up the good work guys and thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Bottom shock caps were new with the shocks but I am going to replace as well as use the 22 O-ring with a 1mm washer as another member suggested. I appreciate the help. I will post with results after I do the change out.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any one know of an aftermarket replacement of for the bottom shock caps? I've been looking for one, preferably in aluminum, but haven't been able to find one.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have not seen any. Does not mean a small aftermarket company has not done it though.

The mold was messed up for a little while as TLR did not know about it until the 2.0 kits were released. They have since fixed it so any new parts should fit properly. I would call your distributor. E-mail can be very slow when dealing with larger companies.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Bottom shock caps were new with the shocks but I am going to replace as well as use the 22 O-ring with a 1mm washer as another member suggested. I appreciate the help. I will post with results after I do the change out.
When you install the new caps and orings with 1mm spacer, you can fine tune the drag on the seal by backing off the cap slightly if needed. When the orings are new I usually fully seat the cap, but after a week or two the oring will swell a little and you can back off the cap up to about 1/2 turn to lessen the drag on the shaft.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Just to clarify I assume you put the spacer under the o-ring and not near the cap.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

I put the spacer on the cap end.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Hey guys i need some help with My scte 2.0. My problem is when im heading down a straight away and let of the gas. Any little steering movement i do the rear end comes flying around like its to light in the rear. Iv tried lowering the droop in the rear to see if that would help but the problem is still there. I have went threw all the shocks and checked for issues.. added 27.5 shock fluid on all 4.. My ESC is mounted in front of battery and my receiver is on the side of the servo. I have look at quit a few different pictures of setups and everyone else has done mostly the same so i dont think that is it. i have also tried different tires the problem didn't go away. So what do you guys think
Old 09-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mely
Hey guys i need some help with My scte 2.0. My problem is when im heading down a straight away and let of the gas. Any little steering movement i do the rear end comes flying around like its to light in the rear. Iv tried lowering the droop in the rear to see if that would help but the problem is still there. I have went threw all the shocks and checked for issues.. added 27.5 shock fluid on all 4.. My ESC is mounted in front of battery and my receiver is on the side of the servo. I have look at quit a few different pictures of setups and everyone else has done mostly the same so i dont think that is it. i have also tried different tires the problem didn't go away. So what do you guys think
Sounds like you have something dragging in the drivetrain or drag brake in the ESC. If you hold the truck off the ground and hit the throttle and let off do the wheels keep spinning for a few seconds or stop right away? Or maybe a bad bearing in one of the corners of the truck. Does it always spin the same direction?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mely
Any little steering movement i do the rear end comes flying around like its to light in the rear.
I've had that happen once in my short offroad tenure so far, lol. In my case it was the rear tires...I had run them a little indoors on carpet and apparently it really smoothed the edges off the pins. I couldn't go into the fast sweeper without spinning out to save my life lol. Probobly not what your issue is though.

Edit: I should have read your whole post. You tried different tires. My bad.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Sounds like you have something dragging in the drivetrain or drag brake in the ESC. If you hold the truck off the ground and hit the throttle and let off do the wheels keep spinning for a few seconds or stop right away? Or maybe a bad bearing in one of the corners of the truck. Does it always spin the same direction?
No drag brake. It dos spin out more to the right now that i think about it. but i do have a lot of right hand turns on my track. I didn't notice any bearings that where hanging. but i could inspect them better. My spur gear is a little loud. could this be causing enough drag to throw the Diff's off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.