R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #4291
Tech Fanatic
 
ralph m's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 917
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
yeah, only a couple use 5mm. I will look into the proteks. The TQ ones were so loose, I turned over the battery and they fell out.
We make several types of bullets for different battery mfgs. Our HD 6-point bullets #2505 are larger in diameter, have 6 points of contact and will fit tighter than the ones we've designed for packs like RevTech and Reedy that have smaller ports - this is written on the labels.

Wildcat - PM me with your address and I'll send you a set to try.
__________________
tqwire.com
ralph m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #4292
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,759
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
need help what a do I need to pick up win I get my rx8 gen 2 esc the motor is a tekin pro 4 4600?
Make sure you have the right pinion. A long sensor wire as mentioned already. Also the wire you get with the ESC should reach the motor but you will probably need some extra wire for the battery connection. Also plugs for what style of battery you are using.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #4293
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Make sure you have the right pinion. A long sensor wire as mentioned already. Also the wire you get with the ESC should reach the motor but you will probably need some extra wire for the battery connection. Also plugs for what style of battery you are using.
275 mm one? and I have not the right pinion its a 15 and it will be a street truck.
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #4294
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,759
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
275 mm one? and I have not the right pinion its a 15 and it will be a street truck.
15 should work depending on how you drive it. We usually race with a 14. I don't street race my truck so not sure how it will pull that gear but I know on large flowing 8th scale tracks guys are getting away with 15's so keep an eye on motor temps.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #4295
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I need more all around steering in my 2.0. I run box setup but have front bottom shock in middle and battery all the way back and 573 for diff oil. And help would be great.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #4296
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
I need more all around steering in my 2.0. I run box setup but have front bottom shock in middle and battery all the way back and 573 for diff oil. And help would be great.
Try the short Ackerman link. You'll never complain about lack of steering again.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #4297
Tech Apprentice
 
glock man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
275 mm one? and I have not the right pinion its a 15 and it will be a street truck.
The 275mm sensor cable fit my setup perfect.
glock man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #4298
Tech Elite
 
bigb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: POUGHKEEPSIE,NY
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
We make several types of bullets for different battery mfgs. Our HD 6-point bullets #2505 are larger in diameter, have 6 points of contact and will fit tighter than the ones we've designed for packs like RevTech and Reedy that have smaller ports - this is written on the labels.

Wildcat - PM me with your address and I'll send you a set to try.
You need to do something with the connectors for the Revtech packs mine become loose after a couple runs, will the HD ones work in the revtech packs?
__________________
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #4299
Tech Apprentice
 
glock man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Try the short Ackerman link. You'll never complain about lack of steering again.
What do you mean by ackerman link? sorry this might be a stupid question
glock man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #4300
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

what setting do I run in a rx8 motor is a pro 4 4600?
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #4301
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock man View Post
What do you mean by ackerman link? sorry this might be a stupid question
Follow your steering turn buckles inward where they attach.You will see a semi circle metal part kinda half moon shape.
That is the Ackerman plate.You can buy the set which will include a shorter one. I run the short one as well as remove the front sway.My truck will turn like a 2-wheel drive ,Yup 180`s on a dime. This is for a small to medium size track with some tight turns. On a bigger track with big fast sweepers keep the front sway..This is not for everybody it is very quick and aggressive!!!!Cheers!!
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast

Last edited by BmainStar; 06-26-2013 at 09:19 PM.
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #4302
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,521
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Man if you can roll this truck without a front swaybar my hats off to you. IMO it makes the truck very unpredictable, but then again I'm new to the 2wd stuff
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #4303
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

http://www.nitrohouse.com/product.as...Qgod0BcARwThis is the Ackerman link.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #4304
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Try the short Ackerman link. You'll never complain about lack of steering again.
During the winter when the track stayed tacky and I was using proline ions I had more steering then I needed. I had so much that I would ask other drivers if they needed some becase I more then enough to go around! Lol. Now that it is summer and the track gets dry and using a small pin tire like panther raptors, proline square fuzzies or proline tazer I have a lack of overall steering, on and of power. My track is an out door track that has a building built over it but even when its dry it still has ok grip, more then an Out door track. Are the stock steering links long enough to compensate for the short ackerman?
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #4305
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
During the winter when the track stayed tacky and I was using proline ions I had more steering then I needed. I had so much that I would ask other drivers if they needed some becase I more then enough to go around! Lol. Now that it is summer and the track gets dry and using a small pin tire like panther raptors, proline square fuzzies or proline tazer I have a lack of overall steering, on and of power. My track is an out door track that has a building built over it but even when its dry it still has ok grip, more then an Out door track. Are the stock steering links long enough to compensate for the short ackerman?
You dont phyically change the steering links there is 1 hole in side on each side of where your long ackerman screws in.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net