R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #406
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475 View Post
See Casper Im not the only one having the reciever issue and where are the transponders going to be placed.
Get some fat shrink tube and you're done.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #407
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Rcdudes3475;11763463]See Casper Im not the only one having the reciever issue and where are the transponders going to be placed.[/QUOTE

When I had my scte I cut my reciever tray like that. Well I killed a reciever a month later and went back to an enclosed setup. I think its absolutely stupid they dont even offer an enclosed reciever box for this car, looks a little hacked IMO and its absolutely not worth it to destroy a reciever to save hardly any weight at all for that matter.

Last edited by suby723; 02-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #408
Tech Addict
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Me too, don't want to ruin a $100 receiver!
The heat shrink is a good idea or something like this(thanks goehm):
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBMA0&P=ML

So, that would be mod #1 in my books. And the carbon battery strap looks goods ( TLR331006 )
__________________
snake pit:
Serpent: S811T TE-Novarossi Roma/Werks 2058 | S811b-e 2.0

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #409
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

I know the MIP has the Lexan cover over the electronics area. Not sure if Losi would develop something like that? Doesn't add any weight, and protects your electronics.
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #410
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Herwig View Post
I know the MIP has the Lexan cover over the electronics area. Not sure if Losi would develop something like that? Doesn't add any weight, and protects your electronics.
After "development" TLR will go ahead and charge customers $20.99 for a lexan cover that should have been provided with the kit to begin with.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #411
Tech Elite
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,624
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Herwig View Post
I know the MIP has the Lexan cover over the electronics area. Not sure if Losi would develop something like that? Doesn't add any weight, and protects your electronics.
Seeing as how the layout/chassis are so similar I bet with a little creative trimming the MIP cover could work on the Losi .....
__________________
Have you been ripped off by Brushless Hobbies ? If so go to BBB.org and file a complaint !
BashemSmashem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #412
Tech Apprentice
 
Conti027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'd rather have a small plastic box than a lexan cover.
That AE that Panda-PR posted looks good.
Conti027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #413
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

if your that worried just pull a ballon or condom over it, and not a used one lol
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #414
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

ok how much money at a main for this kit? will be
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #415
Tech Master
 
GrimReminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 1,005
Default

I have now come to the conclusion that Losi/Tlr is more interested in how much money they can make off of us guys than putting out kits that we all ask for. From your packaging of parts ( for example you have to buy 2 to 4 parts bags to get the actual parts needed) Not giving us metric hardware because you say it's to exspensive to update molds, running that stupid angled drive shaft for binding in the drivetrain per frank root which is BS Frank!!!, still using those lame super soft axles, taking 3 years to develop proper diffs, etc, etc! Why is it that Tekno can do it right the first time? Really TLR/Losi? You're new 3.0 eight nitro is way over priced, same as the 8ight e 2.0 for what you get compared to other companies out there. I'm not a troll, I just call like I see it. Tekno has made an example out of you and set a standard in this hobby and yet Losi still can't get it right. With all of your new kits released in the last year you will still not be on top because money is what matters at Horizon period.....

On the other hand I really liked Losi, but now it is obivious! Go ahead and flame me all you want, but in the end it remains to be seen. Over the 2013 season lets watch and see who ends up on the podium, it wount be losi that's for sure. The only Losi i will ever drive in the mini 8ight and as sson as Tekno releases a eb416 I'll be buying that instead because when I need a specific parts atleast tekno will have that exact parts for sale individually where as losi you have to buy multiple part bags to get what you need because it's all about money and not us anymore.
__________________
Democracy is like two Wolves and a Sheep deciding on what's for dinner.

Last edited by GrimReminder; 02-02-2013 at 03:10 PM.
GrimReminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #416
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
ok how much money at a main for this kit? will be
$469.99 I imagine. That's what Horizon has it listed at.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products..._-TLRTENSCTE20
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #417
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Herwig View Post
$469.99 I imagine. That's what Horizon has it listed at.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products..._-TLRTENSCTE20
thanks itall most in 1/8 price range lol
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #418
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
thanks itall most in 1/8 price range lol
Ok read up before you jump....
But as for reciever boxes.
we never had them for years. the only reason was for Nitro being liquid spills and then the basher crowd came on the scene running in the rain and thru puddles and lots of liquids... Then receiver boxes became necessary but xx, xxt, xxx, xxxt all of these ran with the receiver glued or dbl sided tape straight to the chassis never had a problem.
I dontsee anyone worried about putting their ESC in a box!!!
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #419
Tech Master
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Ok read up before you jump....
But as for reciever boxes.
we never had them for years. the only reason was for Nitro being liquid spills and then the basher crowd came on the scene running in the rain and thru puddles and lots of liquids... Then receiver boxes became necessary but xx, xxt, xxx, xxxt all of these ran with the receiver glued or dbl sided tape straight to the chassis never had a problem.
I dontsee anyone worried about putting their ESC in a box!!!
Most ESC's are "splash" Proof, Reason they dont need..

Not everyone runs indoor clay/indoor carpet. Wheres its nice and clean. So it would be nice, if the boys at TLR could develop something a bit less exposed.
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #420
Tech Addict
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Most ESC's are "splash" Proof, Reason they dont need..

Not everyone runs indoor clay/indoor carpet. Wheres its nice and clean. So it would be nice, if the boys at TLR could develop something a bit less exposed.
+1
I always use a ballon on the receiver inside the box. You should see it how it looks after a day of racing in a dusty track.
Esc in a box? Heat! And they're not as exposed as a receiver.
But buying a receiver is not a big deal, I'll order one with the truck
__________________
snake pit:
Serpent: S811T TE-Novarossi Roma/Werks 2058 | S811b-e 2.0

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
evolution80
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net