R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #376
Tech Addict
 
nanoverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 650
Default

Will the 2.0 nerfs fit the 1.0?
__________________
HB E817 | HB D815e | HB D413 | TEKNO eb410
Hitec Lynx 4s
nanoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #377
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
Will the 2.0 nerfs fit the 1.0?
No.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #378
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,529
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeys View Post
Thanks for the answer. The SCTE has given a lot of fun and it is great to see it continue.
Anytime, certainly didnt mean to skip anything, just hard to catch them all at times. And yes, I had the most fun i have had in a while racing the new truck for the first time and I wil be racing again tonight.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #379
Tech Adept
 
cttech455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ct
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Yes, the new front tower has additional camber mounting holes and an additonal outer top hole, thats for europe and carpet. The rear tower has some additional camber holes and these are wonderful.



We did think about this but not sure what to include...

Do you just include the center stuff or all of the other stuff...which is a lot.



There is a big weight difference, over half a pound.



We are a blimp due to our size, MIP is a fighter jet and can make decisions quickly. Eustace has known what we were working on for a while now as him and I were at the tracktesting and actually talked about some of this stuff. He is a great guy and he knows I am not copying and vice versa. Our weight balance was tested for a LONG time and is different than the MIP. The MIP is too far back in our opinion for the way we have our shocks set up and all. Also, our chassis is much different than theirs.



While I value anyones opinion and you are entitled to yours, our truck is tried and true and you get everything you want and need in one box. Even if they are consumables, you kinda still have to have them to run, lol. We give you the chassis you want to run, we give you all the aluminum parts, not just one...and you need more ont he other truck according to what is being said on that thread. I am glad to have the competition and if you are happy with yours, enjoy, but please dont come in this thread and say anything. I havent said anything ont hat thread and I have likely helped more people with their Tekno rides than most.



This is well said and I will leave it at that.
On the front shocks, are most guys moving the outer hole on the front shock tower for carpet tracks now? Reason I ask is because I was using the outer hole for a while but recently switched to the middle hole after viewing some of the other sctes at my track and seeing the setup dustin evans used in the
EOS race. Depending on what the layout is for the weeks, sometimes I would like more on power steering for the sweeping on power corners and don't know if moving to the outer hole would do that for me. I did switch to the blue front springs last week to see if that would help accomplish that, as well as compensate for a truck is now lighter than stock and has more weight to the rear (bump chassis with ape battery tray)
cttech455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #380
Tech Adept
 
myl3s91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

For people looking for parts listing to upgrade.. Posted this to the 1.0 thread thought id share it here as well..

I ordered all the parts.. My truck is basically brand new, I run indoor carpet so to upgrade for me is worth it. I already sold my mip kit for almost what I paid for it.. I have lots of money invested elsewhere in my truck aswell, ie:lunsford turnbuckles, tekno drive shafts, strc steering rack, carbon fiber top plate, aluminum hubs, (dont come with kit)...Ive sold all my stock parts when I installed the tuning kit. I dont want to let my truck go, but I do want the new 2.0 features. (chassis layout, diff casings, and I just want my truck to be a TLR truck), not mip.. So I have ordered the parts to do so.. as well as all new correct screws to mount the new hardware to chassis. If you run outdoors and your truck is pretty beat up Id suggest buying the new kit. Heres the list I ordered it with part numbers and pricing. Cheers.

Product Item Number Qty Price
Battery Thumb Screws (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231003 1 $5.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Battery Stops w Posts (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231004 1 $5.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Servo Mount SCTE 2.0 TLR231005 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Chassis Battery Pads SCTE 2.0 TLR231007 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Torque Rod 80mm SCTE 2.0 TLR231010 2 $7.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
HD Diff Housing Integrated Insert TEN TLR332001 3 $7.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Front Tower SCTE 2.0 TLR234001 1 $29.44
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Rear Tower SCTE 2.0 TLR234002 1 $32.29
Product Item Number Qty Price
HA Chassis SCTE 2.0 TLR231009 1 $134.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 1/2" FH Screws (10) LOSA6271 1 $2.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Mud Guard w Side Guard (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231000 1 $8.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
4-40 Aluminum Mini-Nuts (10) LOSA6306 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
4-40 x 5/8" Flat Head Screw (6) LOSA6283 2 $3.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Body Mount Spacers (4) SCTE 2.0 TLR231006 1 $1.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 3/8" BH Screws (8) LOSA6277 1 $4.49
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Battery Strap SCTE 2.0 TLR331006 1 $24.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 X 5/8" Flat Head Screws (10) LOSA6275 1 $3.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 3/8" Flat Head Screws (10) LOSA6270 1 $2.99

****Also bought new screws for the front and rear diff at my lhs Their wont be a thing on my truck that is different then the 2.0 besides my kh motor mount and other upgrades I WANT to keep.. ****
__________________
DESC410 V2
myl3s91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #381
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,529
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
For people looking for parts listing to upgrade.. Posted this to the 1.0 thread thought id share it here as well..

I ordered all the parts.. My truck is basically brand new, I run indoor carpet so to upgrade for me is worth it. I already sold my mip kit for almost what I paid for it.. I have lots of money invested elsewhere in my truck aswell, ie:lunsford turnbuckles, tekno drive shafts, strc steering rack, carbon fiber top plate, aluminum hubs, (dont come with kit)...Ive sold all my stock parts when I installed the tuning kit. I dont want to let my truck go, but I do want the new 2.0 features. (chassis layout, diff casings, and I just want my truck to be a TLR truck), not mip.. So I have ordered the parts to do so.. as well as all new correct screws to mount the new hardware to chassis. If you run outdoors and your truck is pretty beat up Id suggest buying the new kit. Heres the list I ordered it with part numbers and pricing. Cheers.

Product Item Number Qty Price
Battery Thumb Screws (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231003 1 $5.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Battery Stops w Posts (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231004 1 $5.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Servo Mount SCTE 2.0 TLR231005 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Chassis Battery Pads SCTE 2.0 TLR231007 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Torque Rod 80mm SCTE 2.0 TLR231010 2 $7.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
HD Diff Housing Integrated Insert TEN TLR332001 3 $7.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Front Tower SCTE 2.0 TLR234001 1 $29.44
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Rear Tower SCTE 2.0 TLR234002 1 $32.29
Product Item Number Qty Price
HA Chassis SCTE 2.0 TLR231009 1 $134.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 1/2" FH Screws (10) LOSA6271 1 $2.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Mud Guard w Side Guard (2) SCTE 2.0 TLR231000 1 $8.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
4-40 Aluminum Mini-Nuts (10) LOSA6306 1 $4.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
4-40 x 5/8" Flat Head Screw (6) LOSA6283 2 $3.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
Body Mount Spacers (4) SCTE 2.0 TLR231006 1 $1.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 3/8" BH Screws (8) LOSA6277 1 $4.49
Product Item Number Qty Price
Carbon Battery Strap SCTE 2.0 TLR331006 1 $24.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 X 5/8" Flat Head Screws (10) LOSA6275 1 $3.99
Product Item Number Qty Price
5-40 x 3/8" Flat Head Screws (10) LOSA6270 1 $2.99

****Also bought new screws for the front and rear diff at my lhs Their wont be a thing on my truck that is different then the 2.0 besides my kh motor mount and other upgrades I WANT to keep.. ****
As some people will decide to upgrade their truck, the changes to the front towers were mainly for the European crowd or those running astro with the shorter front links available or for those running very small tight tracks. Why I am putting this out there, if you already ahve a carbon front tower, you may not want to or need to upgrade. The rear tower, I would definately pick up as we pretty much always run the new camber holes.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #382
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

So what did Dustin run at the last EOS race for his SCTE? Did he run the 2.0???
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #383
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

hey ryan...if i decided to order the truck who would get it faster? My lhs that is really tiny out in the sticks or pre order it from horizon like i did with the original?

i would like to preorder thru my lhs to support them, but i want it ASAP!
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #384
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Will a day or two matter?
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #385
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,529
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
hey ryan...if i decided to order the truck who would get it faster? My lhs that is really tiny out in the sticks or pre order it from horizon like i did with the original?

i would like to preorder thru my lhs to support them, but i want it ASAP!
I really think its good to support local hobby shops. If you order it from them, they would get it about the same time you would get it from us...so as long as you go pick it up form them, in theory, you would have it the same day.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #386
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Will a day or two matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I really think its good to support local hobby shops. If you order it from them, they would get it about the same time you would get it from us...so as long as you go pick it up form them, in theory, you would have it the same day.
a day or two no big deal. i was just making sure it wasnt a week or so difference. i live in the south and we can normally race 11 months out of the year outdoors. if it was a week or two difference it might mean missing a race in march due to weather.
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #387
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,529
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
So what did Dustin run at the last EOS race for his SCTE? Did he run the 2.0???
He ran the 1.0 but already has his 2.0 so will be wheeling that next time around.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #388
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: awahtukee, AZ
Posts: 1,433
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

is it going to be available before cactus classic in march??
__________________
.....rayzerdesigns.....www.jconcepts.net...
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #389
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Oh man I've been reading this thread the last week and I'm in such a quandary

I'm in the process of performing a major overhaul to my SCTE:

KH chassis, motor mount, and long rear brace
Full HD shocks w/ TiNi shafts
TiNi hinge pins
New diff cases, gear sets, and lightened outdrives
Pre-cut Perf. Body
Tekno cvds, and drive shafts

And now there's the SCTE 2.0 AHHHHHHH I want the 2.0 so what to do:

1. Keep it for a backup to the 2.0 and buy the 2.0 and accompanying electronics?
2. Keep the hopups but sell the chassis and SCTE as a roller and wait for the 2.0?
4. Keep it until I get the 2.0 and sell it as-is?

This is purely rhetorical but just wanted to share the "fun" challenges of RC.....too many choices and all have at least 1 benefit......

But I do have a few questions for Ryan and team regarding the 2.0:

1. The shock build only shows the o-ring over the body is that correct, no o-ring in the cap at the top?
2. I read a comment about the ESC placement being pretty far. I would tend to agree as longer wires induce more resistance. What gauge wires did you test with in both 550 and 540 motors? How did the wires, motor, ESC hold up?
3. How long of sensor cable are we going to need to use?
4. Did you consider reversing the servo/ESC location? What were the challenges besides the mold redesign?

Clearly a lot of thought went into using the same parts as the current SCTE; granted it's cheaper too ; but I would have been more impressed had #4 been incorporated (perhaps a feature in as aftermarket chassis).

I look forward to getting my hands on one, be it a kit or a conversion.
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #390
Tech Addict
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The receiver is exposed? What about when racing on a dusty track? Hopefully some mod can be done
__________________
snake pit:
Serpent: S811T TE-Novarossi Roma/Werks 2058 | S811b-e 2.0

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net