Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, sorry but i tried looking through many pages but couldnt find an answer to my question. Are you guys running the fins for the rear of the truck for the high performance body?

Thanks
Merse
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
I am having extreme looseness in the rear of my truck, which means i need more rear traction. I was running the same setup as the dunford standard setup minus having stock pistons and 27.5 oils all around. What are some changes I can make?

I tried a longer rear camberlink by moving it inner lower on the rear, move the hubs forward so that one spacer was front and 3 behind. moved the battery back. moved the shocks in one on the tower in the rear. Nothing worked loose loose loose mainly on mid to exit of the turns. And i have a buddy who has had the same issues and couldnt figure it out either. Would it be smart to add some weight to the rear? So far on it outdoor track the car wont be driveable. On indoor tacky clay track the car is awesome. And i had the right tires on as the number 1 and 2 drivers were using the same thing.
I was going to try running different setups that are posted but obviously a majority of us are racing on different conditions and what not even if similar conditions and the best setup your driving has to match it, just went to a legit track for my first time and made adjustments throughout 8hours of practice and my truck is pretty dialed for my style, pretty much I think tuning your own truck to suit you at your track is the best way in the end just my 2cents
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Not looking for what tire to run, just need a setup that will make the truck tight in rear end.
Stick with the kit setup and tune from there. We have found the kit setups works well most places.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Mine is about to hit the dirt with the box stock kit setup! after comparing it side by side with my 1.0 its pretty different the 2.0 sits down a lot lower in the rear and I was running the 1.0 with no sway bar on the back. The track is medium length dirt outdoor that ranges from dusty to loamy when dry to incredibly sticky later at nite when the dew hits it.
Calibers all around they seem to excel in the dusty daytime but sometimes TOO grippy when the dew hits.
lap times in the 25 second range.
My 1.0 was the current lap record holder we shll see how much I can shave off that with the 2.0
Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Not looking for what tire to run, just need a setup that will make the truck tight in rear end.

Stick with the kit setup and tune from there. We have found the kit setups works well most places.

The rear being loose might NOT be it... you may have too much traction in the front, its all about balance.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Merse
Hey guys, sorry but i tried looking through many pages but couldnt find an answer to my question. Are you guys running the fins for the rear of the truck for the high performance body?

Thanks
Merse
The fins are more aesthetic than anything IMO. Holes in the body help a lot more with handling than the fins will. It is also another thing to paint and another hole that can promote cracking... but they look good
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I ran my truck first time fri and had a hard time with it but my toe angles where off and also new remote that I'm not used to. I decided today to set up toe angles like manual shows on build and matched them with my digital caliber. If the booklet show exact width in the diagram when it shows where to measure from, example: 98.5 my digital caliber is further out then in the books picture (like I said not sure if to scale in manual) my truck came out like this not sure if they should be around this angle.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I ran my truck first time fri and had a hard time with it but my toe angles where off and also new remote that I'm not used to. I decided today to set up toe angles like manual shows on build and matched them with my digital caliber. If the booklet show exact width in the diagram when it shows where to measure from, example: 98.5 my digital caliber is further out then in the books picture (like I said not sure if to scale in manual) my truck came out like this not sure if they should be around this angle.

Yea ive learned from building kits in the past that especially on the Steering turnbuckles the manuel is only a starting point really. Camber turnbuckles also same thing.

So just adjust it to where you want it at with the servo on .

How do you like them tires on various conditions ?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That does not look correct..lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HAHA, i love it....thats what mine looked like when i got done and was pretty upset that they couldn't get it closer BUT if you cant tweek the truck to where it needs to be(baseline/Dunford set-up) you shouldnt have a truck like this so i spent alot of time tweeking the truck to the baseline set-up and then alittle more to my liking
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

fail
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

that's my issue that does not look correct at all. The manual measurement's are not correct then thats straight to what the manual asked in mm. I will tweak it tomorrow but I was just showing what I ran into following what the kit asked in mm on the distance from end to end
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yeah! the manual was waaaaaaay off...

I can't understand why the manual could not say all marks on tie rods go to the left OR right?? this would have been clearly understood...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

negative camber -1, -1.5 is the typical guys //--\\.. tires lean in a little not out (obviously those lines are not -1 to -1.5'. typical toe on the front is toe out 1 to 3' as well and stock rear is 3' toe in. Make sure you are in the right holes first, if you are adjust the turnbuckles.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As many kits you have built you should know! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.