Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #3076
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The stock screws are the same as they always have been. This counter sink issue is pretty minor the heads are just above flush. It is not much. The titanium screws most likely just have a little smaller head on them.

I don't have good access to my truck but I am sure Ryan can stop in and help or PM him.
Your right, i just compared the head size, the ti are slightly smaller making it fit nice and flush/ But yea the stocks ones are no issue either./
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #3077
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
Casper & Ryan, I don't suppose you would mind taking a caliper to your rear hinge pin to aluminum carrier and measuring both the the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the carrier? I ask because it looks like my aluminum carriers are .134 and the pins are .137.5 (including the newly replaced pins from HH CS). There really isn't a good way to mount the carrier to my mill so I'm considering either sanding down the pin in my lathe with an abrasive cloth or possibly using a reamer to bore out the hole to .138. Haven't quite decided yet, but I wanted to get a larger sample of that hole size.

Ryan, the aluminum carriers are 6061 or 7075? Do you by chance know what was spec'd for the diameter in that carrier hole?

Thanks again!
I reamed mine with a HS reamer (over sized a thou in relation to the hinge pins) and a hand drill. The reamer will follow the factory hole without walking enough to cause issue.
Cackswayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #3078
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone have the part number for the HPI diff screws?
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #3079
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up alt dif screws

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+z449&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-2-5x12mm...item53f6384f41

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=cs&pn=hpiz449

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #3080
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

None of those links work.....
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

sent my rx8 in, havent heard from them in a month. then they said theyre short on parts and dont have red heatsinks(gonna replace with black), need another esc i guess and want the exrun 4000 motor, so what esc do i want to go with? sct pro or is there something better, does it have link to cpu or program box? or both maybe? all my stuffs been tekin so im not too sure,
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #3082
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi

i lovem my mmp and you can get them pretty cheap. But there are a lot of hater here =P
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3083
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
sent my rx8 in, havent heard from them in a month. then they said theyre short on parts and dont have red heatsinks(gonna replace with black), need another esc i guess and want the exrun 4000 motor, so what esc do i want to go with? sct pro or is there something better, does it have link to cpu or program box? or both maybe? all my stuffs been tekin so im not too sure,

Check out the Brushless Hobbies 120 Amp Esc.

It comes with a USB connecter and will program it into your computer. You can use a Hobbywing programmer also they sell them on there site. But just programing it manuely is the blicky mode which is good for the big motors.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #3084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

This truck is so good!!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #3085
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

I have a 5.5t/3700Kv Ballistic Novak motor getting a warranty replacement. They can't send me the replacement yet because they are out of stock. If I can get them to send me a 4.5t/5000Kv instead, do you think that would be a better fit in this truck? I'll be racing on a medium indoor track and a Large/Medium outdoor track. Thanks.
thebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #3086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalance View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a 5.5t/3700Kv Ballistic Novak motor getting a warranty replacement. They can't send me the replacement yet because they are out of stock. If I can get them to send me a 4.5t/5000Kv instead, do you think that would be a better fit in this truck? I'll be racing on a medium indoor track and a Large/Medium outdoor track. Thanks.
I had one when they first came out and with the stock rotor it ran hot and didn't have enough punch. I put the high torque rotor in it and it was a beast. Not sure if they come with the ht rotor now stock or not but if they do or you can get one I highly recommend it.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #3087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Guys,

The 4.5 ballistic is the motor to have. Gobs of power. Ran that in my SCTE for 2 years almost. Only problem I've had with them is they eat front bearings so carry some spares.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #3088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I love mine in my 1.0 MIP . Had both the pro4 4000 and 4600 and still love my 4.5 woludent trade it for anything. Any size track. Fastest on the straghts hands down. Never musdis a beat. Take care of it and inspect the bearings regularly. Never hurts to keep spare bearings there cheap. Just my .02

Had the 5.5 as well. You won't miss it after you have the 4.5t. And I don't have the ht rotor either. Unless your hitting a ramp to jump your house at a dead stop from the middle of the ramp you don't need it lol
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #3089
Tech Adept

Default Diff leak

My rear diff puked it guts out...is a double gasket the cure??
TLR SCTE 2.0 REEDY SONIC 550 4.0 LRP FLOW
3MTA3
jmc5313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #3090
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc5313 View Post
My rear diff puked it guts out...is a double gasket the cure??
Being this is the 2.0 thread I am assuming you are using the HD diff cases. I would be you just did not get the screws tight. I found I needed to pre tap the threads by running the screws in and out of the diff case at lease once before I got a good seat of the gasket. Taping the threads down that deep I got a false sense of "tight". Once you kind of get the threads formed getting the screw in and out once I was able to compress the gasket properly and get a good seal. The HD diff cases come with a thicker gasket already that seals better. I had this issue when I first built my 2.0 diffs but on the second rebuild the screws went in much easier and I got a good seal and they have been perfect since.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote