Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Just got my rx8 in yesterday. Anybody know if the wire tekin provides is long enuff to hook up the motor and make battery leads or do I need to buy more wire? If I need more wire anybody got a recommendation?
I am pretty sure the wire they give you will get you to the motor. Not sure if there is enough left over for the battery leads though.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy some deans. It isnt long enough LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roken
I really don't care about the absent receiver box. Anybody who races and does multiple classes would ditch the thing anyways. My grip is the same cheap plastic as the RTR (and fasteners) I wanted the 22 stuff. The first run the rear carriers fail and also the steering arms just failed, cracked! I notice these are both must have upgrades but Losi still uses same old stuff and that is what everybody ends up replacing. I don't want replacement parts from HH I want parts that do not fail. Version "2" should = improvement and not require the number 1 product being upgraded by a aftermarket companies.
We are very careful when we choose material. The materials we chose for this vehicle are what we use for the 8ight platform. I cannot imagine failing anything on this vehicle in the first run but I am sure it happens. If you failed the arm that goes on the servo itself, you may want an aluminum one. Or your servo saver may be over-tightened. If you choose to tighten all the way like some of us do, you have to run the aluminum horn. That is the price that comes with that choice. As for the rear hubs...I have heard of some failing or breaking due to a bad crash in very cold weather, but parts do break from time to time and the aluminum hubs are there as an option for those that want it just like the 22 series and the 8 series.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default SCTE 2.0 Shock Bottom Caps

Heya All...The CS team in California will have the fixed bottom caps tomorrow. Please dont call until tomorrow and if you get someone, ask to speak with someone in CA please.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hacker07
Heya All...The CS team in California will have the fixed bottom caps tomorrow. Please dont call until tomorrow and if you get someone, ask to speak with someone in CA please.
Awesome! Great Ryan, thanks man!!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

shocks were next on our build so I guess we shall hold off and make the call tomorrow and wait for arrival
Thanks Ryan
Old 04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is any body running the AKA cityblocks soft compound tire on their scte? if so how is the tire working out for you. I am trying to get info on what tires works better when the weather starts off cooler and gets hotter and dryer as the race day goes on and when the track gets dusty or slicker in between waterings.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

any chance i can get some UP dated shock caps? the package losi sent for the replacements i needed are the same way as the ones in the 2.0 kit.they do not screw on freely.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
any chance i can get some UP dated shock caps? the package losi sent for the replacements i needed are the same way as the ones in the 2.0 kit.they do not screw on freely.
yes, he said to call tomorrow and talk to someone in CA as they kno these are available but wait til tomorrow
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo 309
Is any body running the AKA cityblocks soft compound tire on their scte? if so how is the tire working out for you. I am trying to get info on what tires works better when the weather starts off cooler and gets hotter and dryer as the race day goes on and when the track gets dusty or slicker in between waterings.
Tires are track dependant. If the track conditions call for a tire like a citiblock (loose dirt) then they should work. It is hard to answer this question without knowing your track conditions.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Prophet

From exprience running the City blocks on the Buggy and Truggy not SC they seem to work better on moist tracks. More than Dry/dusty they tend to slide to much when they have some wear on them new there good on both ! But it depends on how your suspension is setup.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Tires are track dependant. If the track conditions call for a tire like a citiblock (loose dirt) then they should work. It is hard to answer this question without knowing your track conditions.
The tracks are mostly large hard packed dry and dusty at times but do get watered a couple times a race day but as the day goes on it gets hotter and dryer here in the midwest so the tracks get slicker.It doesnt take long for the tracks to dry out in between waterings
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

will 200mm sensor wire work???
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

250mm or 275mm
Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo 309
I tried Cityblocks for our local track here in Florida. Hard base with loose dirt/sand on top. They seemed decent but wore out way too fast(like 3 times out). Once the initial upper knobs wore off, the tires were useless. I went to Proline Tazers (very similar to AKA Gridirons) and have been very happy. Much more grip all over. Just my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.