R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #1741
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
I gave one of my LHS a ring and they are quoting a date of 4/20. This date has been mentioned before of what HH fast server has listed? I guess we'll need to be patient or get the kit....and try not to break/loose any of those 2.0 exclusive parts until 4/20!
............
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SUX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Not a good move, if I only need the parts and half to buy a kit,there is another very viable option on the table.Not a smart bizz plan to me.
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1742
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

I saw some of you didnt understand a good way to get electronics in this car so I took a few pics of mine. The ESC wire is running out of the RX directly under the servo across the bottom of the chassis. I will post the finished product tonight.









__________________
BRETT T. RICHARDS = SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS, LOCAL TRACKS AND HOBBY SHOPS OR THEY COULD ALL BE GONE ONE DAY!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #1743
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
I saw some of you didnt understand a good way to get electronics in this car so I took a few pics of mine.
Finish product will be shown tonight.
Looks good Brett,what made you decide to run 4x4 sct? Cant wait to see you run this truck!! Riverdale.
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #1744
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I did much the same with my wiring. Wish I had more black shrink tube though. I'll have to redo it "murdered out."

__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #1745
Suspended
 
dominick i.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: west new york, nj
Posts: 2,663
Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)
Default

so that's what i aim for in the first corner!!
__________________
club racing is always great racing......
I am probably the only non sponsored racer in the usa.....:)
dominick i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #1746
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Questions?? SCTE 2.0 Gearbox / Transmission Binding

I'm in the process of building a new TLR SCTE 2.0 kit.

My diffs themselves are smooth... feels like I got them built right.

Once the diffs are installed into their gearboxes (LOSB3104), when I fully tighten the gearbox screws, the diff binds on part of the rotation. It'll spin freely for 85% of a rotation...then it binds/slows down for the remaining 15% then frees up.

Inspecting the housing, there is VERY LITTLE clearance between the ring gear and the gearbox itself. Suspecting this as the source of the bind I shaved a bit of gearbox plastic material away and it seemed to help. I got them moving in the gearbox smoothly (or so I thought).

However, now that everything is installed onto the chasis... at least one of the three gearboxes is still binding (extra friction, not freezing) on part of the rotation.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Will the bind work itself out after I run it for a bit (the metal ring gears chewing through whatever plastic is binding and then running free?).

Thanks in ad ance for any pointers!
justinhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #1747
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick i. View Post
so that's what i aim for in the first corner!!
Side guard,front tire and mud guard will keep most hits away i`m sure.It is a TLR truck but yes some newbs and rookies will run it.Lets just hope we don't get a run a way truck LOL wait those can be fun to watch tho..
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #1748
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhardin View Post
I'm in the process of building a new TLR SCTE 2.0 kit.

My diffs themselves are smooth... feels like I got them built right.

Once the diffs are installed into their gearboxes (LOSB3104), when I fully tighten the gearbox screws, the diff binds on part of the rotation. It'll spin freely for 85% of a rotation...then it binds/slows down for the remaining 15% then frees up.

Inspecting the housing, there is VERY LITTLE clearance between the ring gear and the gearbox itself. Suspecting this as the source of the bind I shaved a bit of gearbox plastic material away and it seemed to help. I got them moving in the gearbox smoothly (or so I thought).

However, now that everything is installed onto the chasis... at least one of the three gearboxes is still binding (extra friction, not freezing) on part of the rotation.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Will the bind work itself out after I run it for a bit (the metal ring gears chewing through whatever plastic is binding and then running free?).

Thanks in ad ance for any pointers!
There was a LOT of talk on the 1.0 thread about this, try giving that a search.
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #1749
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,759
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
I was think of using the tekno long velco strap that goes the length of the battery as a possible replacement whats your thought on the this?
I don't know how that would all work but I am sure you could figure it out. I liked the idea of velcro as well but after using the thumb screw setup I like it. Once you get used to it, it is easy and fast.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #1750
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Looks good Brett,what made you decide to run 4x4 sct? Cant wait to see you run this truck!! Riverdale.
Thanks looking forward to getting it on the track. I wanted a ckass I didnt care a whole lot about and could just have fun and enjoy the hobby instead of being so darn serious. Not typically a Losi/TLR type of guy but the 2.0 was the right choice!! Have enjoyed this one. Might need to try a 22 soon... maybe.
__________________
BRETT T. RICHARDS = SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS, LOCAL TRACKS AND HOBBY SHOPS OR THEY COULD ALL BE GONE ONE DAY!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #1751
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

My build so far, can't wait to get her out on the track.


bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1752
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

FYI: I RAN YESTERDAY with my transponder on the part of the front bumper that connects to the diff case with no issues and it was velcro'd
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #1753
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Will the carbon center top plate fan mounts from the 1.0 fit the 2.0 the same? Something like this:
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...products_id=87
bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1754
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Princeton MA
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhardin View Post
I'm in the process of building a new TLR SCTE 2.0 kit.

My diffs themselves are smooth... feels like I got them built right.

Once the diffs are installed into their gearboxes (LOSB3104), when I fully tighten the gearbox screws, the diff binds on part of the rotation. It'll spin freely for 85% of a rotation...then it binds/slows down for the remaining 15% then frees up.

Inspecting the housing, there is VERY LITTLE clearance between the ring gear and the gearbox itself. Suspecting this as the source of the bind I shaved a bit of gearbox plastic material away and it seemed to help. I got them moving in the gearbox smoothly (or so I thought).

However, now that everything is installed onto the chasis... at least one of the three gearboxes is still binding (extra friction, not freezing) on part of the rotation.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Will the bind work itself out after I run it for a bit (the metal ring gears chewing through whatever plastic is binding and then running free?).

Thanks in ad ance for any pointers!
My front diff does the exact thing I posted a while back and no one responded. I took it apart and redid it a few times thinking it was my tekno outdrives. So I put it back together with the losi ones for now. I hope after a few runs they break in an seat.
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #1755
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

@bigbeej Your Rx8 fan is upside down
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net