Wiki Posts
Search

Any thoughts, advices?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Any thoughts, advices?

Hi everyone,

My first post here. I'm good over 18 now. Instead of buying Laptop, I thought it will be much better to get RC car.
The problem is I'm complete ignorant in this area, never had any RC toy (not mentioning few cable-controlled cars when I was kid). I know I want off-road (mostly due to location and freedom of fun it gives) and rather electric (as I'm not fanatic yet(?) and want to avoid instant cleaning and servicing engine). Car should be big (1/10, 1/8 best), tough and what is really important - should have option to limit performance, let's say to 20-30.My budget - max $650. This includes everything (with good batteries and charger).

Any thoughts, advices? I'm not closed/fixed to any specific producer/model/something. What's important is shipment to Poland ;-)

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Berry
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

You might want to post this in the Elec off road section then?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

True, this needs to be in the Off Road Electric section, which is why I'm moving it there now...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What do you want to do with it? If it's a basher get an electric 1/8 buggy RTR. If you plan to race it maybe look into a 1/10 2WD buggy.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm also new to the forum but have been around RC's for awhile. Out of all the rc's i've own/owned I have to say, my favorite is my traxxas slash 2wd 1/10th. This is a bashing machine and still fun to take onto a track. Best part is most local hobby shops stock replacement parts at a decent price and they have a great aftermarket. Also easy to repair and great for those who are new to hobby. Also if you're willing to shop them out used or piece one together you won't even come close to your budget max.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would look at a HPI Savage Flux. Its Big, electric, 4wd, and tough. I am assuming that when you said you wanted to limit performance with 20-30, you meant 20-30 mph? If you don't want a Monster Truck, the Traxxas Slash 4wd is an affordable short course truck, and can be made to go faster with more money. You have a pretty good size budget that can get you into a huge array of RC cars. But if you just want to bash around I would go with the Savage Flux.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Forget Traxxas and HPI. Both are overpriced, and in the case of Traxxas anyway, are money pits requiring lots of mods..

I would take a look at a Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 - you can get one in Germany RTR for €360 INCLUDING A REEDY 4S LIPO... You could buy a charger, a couple extra batteries, some spares, and a second set of wheels with your budget...

Check out www.google.de , then type in "ebr g3 3700" (3700 is for the lipo), and check out the deals. They're going for €375 I think on German ebay(RC Modellbau Hoppe I think. He also has chargers, etc...) TT is generally pretty well represented throughout Europe - might be in Poland too.

The MT4 G3 is kind of the EB4 G3's bigger brother - more versatile with bigger tires, etc.., but it costs more. Still much cheaper - and better value for money - than Traxxas or HPI.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hs, the laptop would be cheaper in the end. Id buy something used. $650 is a tight budget to work with.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

For a race buggy, definitely(race buggies are massive wastes of money if you don't race anyway).. But not for the EB4 G3, when you figure for under €400 you have a decent 4s lipo included..

The same shop sells the Hype X7 charger(what I got, and where I got it..) for €50.. For not too much more than his budget, he could squeeze in a second battery comfortably..

To the OP, you need to research what is available in Poland - for ex., where can you get buggy tires, batteries, cables or whatever you might need. Might be a pain to order from abroad all the time..
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your suggestions, these are really helpful for me now i decided to buy RC Buggy ...that is suitable for me also for beginner but now problem is that where should i go to buy this one, cause there are many online dealers they have just conufsed me to decide is there anyone who can suggest me anyone to your exprerience.

Regards,
Berry
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by berrymartin
Thanks for your suggestions, these are really helpful for me now i decided to buy RC Buggy ...that is suitable for me also for beginner but now problem is that where should i go to buy this one, cause there are many online dealers they have just conufsed me to decide is there anyone who can suggest me anyone to your exprerience.

Regards,
Berry
Amain hobbies is excellent and if you sign up to their mailing list you get discount codes.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

i visit this Amain hobbies site but its not acording to my choice , Now i am considering this site Nitrotek for purchasing my Rc Buggy, one of my friends recommended me, whats your views about this ??