Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas Slash 4*4 vs Platinum >

Traxxas Slash 4*4 vs Platinum

Traxxas Slash 4*4 vs Platinum

Old 01-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Slash 4*4 vs Platinum

Hi,
I am a RC car begginer, 36 years old. I wish to buy the Slash 4*4.
I am confused about the difference between Slash 6808L(classic one) vs 6804R (Platinum). I want to buy one of this models. I would be happy if someone can help me on some of these questions:

1. What is the hight of the car bottom to ground of these two modeles (high center ground clearance)? do the 2 models have the same hight (ground clearance) ?
2. Are they both water, mud and snow resistant (which is more resistant) ?
3. Do both of these models have the same battery compartment size ? the same connections ?
4. can I use FLY SKY 2.4 GT3b reciever / transmitter on the 6804R (Platinum) model ?
5. Which of the models is more durable (I want to use it for bashing as well as offroad) ?
6. Does the Low-CG Chassis on the 6804R (Platinum) means it has a lower body hight than the preceded model of 6808 (not the 6808L) ? which model (6808, 6808L,6804R) can pass the biggest obstacles ?
7. Are there any big differences other than what I asked ?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Really the only difference is the the platinum now has the lcg chassis and it has always came with a slipper and center diff along with alum. hubs, spindles, caster blocks, and sway bars. The Platinum is worlds better due the new lcg chassis and more durable due to the added alum upgrades. They are both still waterproof and the bodys mount the same. Also, the shocks on the new platinum ae far superior over the reg. slash 4x4. You can use the same batteries and radio/rx in both. Both will work well for what you want to do, the platinum will just do it better. These trucks are near bulletproof. It's worth the exta $$ for the platinum. Hope this helps
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Im always amazed how much abuse my slash can take, they sure com a long way from the old fragile stadium truck days
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Are you planning to Bash/Race ? Il be honest the new Slash 4x4 Platinum LCG is nice but man there asking price is a little crazy . When you can get a RTR Losi SCTE 4x4 SC RTR for around the $500s and Bash and Race with it. Just add a lipo and diffrent steering servo .

I think it should hold up to Bashing fine.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

+1, The losi is better for sure. If you are looking into getting into racing at all in the furture buy the losi. If not, the slash 4x4 platinum would be perfect. You can get parts at ANY hobby shop.