Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HobbyPartz.. I'm on to your little game!  GensAce prices up! >

HobbyPartz.. I'm on to your little game! GensAce prices up!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyPartz.. I'm on to your little game! GensAce prices up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation HobbyPartz.. I'm on to your little game! GensAce prices up!

So I've noticed this in the past but now it's just getting downright bad.

So not only have the GensAce batteries greatly increased in pricing lately (5000mah 40c now going for 40 bucks) but the 'retail' price has fictitiously increased. Talk about a bit of slimy marketing.

Case in point: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

They've increased cost to 40 bucks but also kicked up the 'retail price' to 78 bucks so they can advertise a 'sale' of '49% savings'

Comon HobbyPartz - we're not idiots. Give us a little credit here and stop slapping your customers across the face! Also, it's convenient how whenever I write reviews for their products, the positive ones get posted but the bad ones have NEVER been posted. Let that be a warning to everyone - their reviews are clearly controlled.

Not to be a bash session - I own a ton of products from this company and enjoy them. Just trying to keep the company on the up and up.. making things public is the best way I know how to do this.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

wow, werent they $29 a few days ago?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe their price actually has gone up, and they still offer the same discount from MSRP. It happens more often than you might realize. Inflation sucks, but when you monitor products as closely as it sounds like you do, it becomes more prevalent.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

That's why I stopped buying from them, they still offer no warranty on their items (unless its changed since last time I checked) and their customer service is still horrible from my last experience from them a few months back. The gens ace popularity has dropped big time, for one like you stated they raised their prices, and there are so many other companies now that offer better customer service, warranties, and are priced about the same (smc, promatch, etc)....... And now that falconsekido sells hobbywing items, I'd recommend them any day over hobbypartz.......
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HobbytownGBW
Maybe their price actually has gone up, and they still offer the same discount from MSRP. It happens more often than you might realize. Inflation sucks, but when you monitor products as closely as it sounds like you do, it becomes more prevalent.
I'd agree with you but prices don't increase by that much in such a quick fashion. They were $28 just a few weeks ago. Plus, you don't see this with other brands/companies. These are made overseas just like all the others so if there was an upward trend (like what we saw with nitro fuel awhile ago) across all brands, that would be one thing. This isn't the case.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

all the more reason to buy SMC batteries...
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
all the more reason to buy SMC batteries...
+1 not only are some of them cheaper, but they def. perform alot better as well IMO.........
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Also, their 50c is going for less (http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html). If anything 50c should be more not only due to burst rate but also due to demand (given it's out of stock)

They're clearly just playing the game given the popularity of the 40c (due to Jang's review I'm sure.)
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

LMAO ! It's still better than Trinity !
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Noticed it with their 4S Hardcases a few weeks back. Used to be 55.00 then shot up overnight to 79.00. Should have placed my order early I still like Gens Ace packs but my next purchase will be SMC or ECO Power since one of the biggest selling point for Gens Ace has been taken away. I remember paying 24.00 for the 40C 5000 2S Hard Case packs. Man that was a bargain.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yoster
I'd agree with you but prices don't increase by that much in such a quick fashion. They were $28 just a few weeks ago. Plus, you don't see this with other brands/companies. These are made overseas just like all the others so if there was an upward trend (like what we saw with nitro fuel awhile ago) across all brands, that would be one thing. This isn't the case.
Actually, they do. Manufacturers don't like changing their prices for this very reason. People post threads on online forums as soon as something gets more expensive. It's not uncommon to see back ordered batteries come back in stock up 5-10 dollars. It could also have to do with their current manufacturing capabilities. If they have a factory slow or stop production, prices are going to skyrocket regardless. It happened with computer parts right after Asia was hit by an tsunami. There are a lot more factors than just human greed in business.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hobbyking's lipo prices have gone up quite a bit too. I think supplies are getting more expensive across the board.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shipping has changed as well. Free shipping after you spend 100 dollars . Usta be 50 dollars a few months back don't get me wrong, I still own 4 gen ace 5000 mah 50c for 32 bucks a pop. They work great.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I bought two 5000mah 40C Gens Ace packs about a year and half ago when they were $24 each at Hobbypartz. It was about when they were starting to get popular. After word of mouth and a positive review from UltimateRC youtube vid, the prices just kept crept up. Sometimes they would creep down a bit, or go up a bit too. Thankfully my Gens Ace packs are still pretty strong.

Gens Ace were great value maybe a year or two ago, but not anymore. You can get very good lipos with higher mah and C ratings these days. I've moved onto Valuehobby.com lipos. Pretty happy with them for their price.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The better you guys say they are the more $$ they will be, welcome to economics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.