Big block Nitro Stampede discussion...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big block Nitro Stampede discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Big block Nitro Stampede discussion...

I've talked about this a bit on another forum, but I've never used this place much so you probably haven't heard of it
I'll be going to the hobby shop next week to get the parts to finish my .27 npede. I hope i don't have to backorder anything.
I have a 2004 Fantom FR27 in the truck, with a custom 1/8" aluminum bigblock extended chassis, of fairly low quality. I'll probably re-do the chassis after I see how well this one works. It looks like there would be a lot of chassis flex, but from gripping the chassis by where the skid plates should mount, I can't really flex it. Npedes aren't very rigid anyway...

I'll get a few more pics when it's completed, and I'll upload the rest of the ones I have somewhere shortly. (Location already secured, just too lazy). My last image host shut my account off over stupid IRC issues. I backed up my pics

As for gearing, i'm using a stock LST clutch bell and gears (only using the second speed gear, forgot how many teeth it is), with a 46t Monster GT spur gear.
Anyone else interested in/have a bigblock npede?
Attached Thumbnails Big block Nitro Stampede discussion...-99_percent.jpg  
Old 04-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

this shoulda been in the monster truck forum I suppose. Oops, didnt notice there was one.