Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

I wouldn't choose a 2wd buggy for bashing. Rather go for a truggy/ short course
Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
I wouldn't choose a 2wd buggy for bashing. Rather go for a truggy/ short course
+1 I also dont consider a 2wd buggy to be a good basher. For bashing you want something with good ground clearance and decent sized tires.

I would get this for bashing. With a tower discount code, it would be under $400 and it comes with everything and a decent brushless system.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LZ1008**&P=ML
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jzwolen View Post
I think that if you are asking about what batteries will fit, you are quite new to the hobby. I think a Ready To Run (RTR) would be the best option for you. All the major manufactorers now offer RTR packages for at or below $400.
Yes but with the RTR Associated it still does not come with a battery??? How do I know which one to buy?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Would you consider the SC10B?
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...ed/ascd92.html

It's a short-course buggy. 2wd. Brushless. And you have to admit, looks flat out legit!

$280 after the discount code. Leaves ya $120 for a lipo or two and a couple spare parts.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve286 View Post
Yes but with the RTR Associated it still does not come with a battery??? How do I know which one to buy?
Most 1/10th scale vehicles take a standard sized battery that's around ...139mm x 46mm x 23mm or so they can be a few mm bigger or smaller sometimes. Just read up on the forums on what's a good battery to get etc. The racer's edge buggy is a b3 basically. The batteries and chargers that come with rtr kits are just about throw away so you will be happier buying a decent battery and charger. I just bought some of these...http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...-car-lipo.html

They are a better value then the gen's ace packs referenced earlier since the gens ace packs have shot up in price in the past month.

And if you like the buggy look the associated SC10B would be a better basher since it has bigger tires.

And bashing is just what everyone calls driving around. If your not racing your bashing
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Get the Losi 22, make friends at your local hobby shop.

BRAVO for getting a buggy, SC trucks are obnoxious at best.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just get what you want. Losi, AE, Kyosho, and maybe even Traxxas. Their all decent brands just see what you like. There's so many fanboys of certain products on this site that say everything but their brand sucks. And then there are people (like the post above) that hate a certain class of vehicles for whatever reason. I honestly don't think any type of RC is obnoxious I do have ones I like more then others but wouldn't mind having one of everything So far I've had Traxxas, ECX, and Associated stuff. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. But honestly that losi is just priced out of this world and as a basher with little to no intent of racing I'd just get something that was a good value not the hot race buggy.

This battery will fit in just about all 1/10th vehicles and is quite the bargain for what you get. I'd get at least two batteries.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...-car-lipo.html

A nice charger with built in power supply for easy charging.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...e-charger.html
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Buggy, Truggy or SC

I have heard lots of feedback saying the RT10 B4.1 is not the best for bashing because of tire size and ground clearance. I would love some feedback on what would be a better choice. I really do not want to spend more than $400.00 and that would have to include a charger and battery. Thanks again for all your feedback.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you really like buggy, look at the short course versions. AE and Losi have one. Here is a link to the AE buggy:

You will still need a battery and charger.

Here is a charger that is decently priced and has lots of good features. Venom charger.

Here is a battery option.

There are some cheaper chargers out there too but I run two of these Venom chargers and have liked them just fine.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

find your closest off road rc track. talk to the guys there. there's always somebody selling something in good condition for a good price locally.