Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
3 Racing Cactus EP 2WD Buggy >

3 Racing Cactus EP 2WD Buggy

3 Racing Cactus EP 2WD Buggy

Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What are the chances that there will be a USA distributor for this product?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I finished my Cactus build, but can't post a link as I haven't posted enough times as of yet.
I've ran it & broke it too!
I flipped it on concreat & snapped the rear mid motor shock tower!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
What are the chances that there will be a USA distributor for this product?
Integy has them.

www.integy.com
Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Gah...Why does it have to be Integy. I'm afraid the kit would get contaminated with subpar aluminum syndrome if it sat in their warehouse for too long.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anyone actually ran this car on a US track? 3Racing can produce a good kit. I'm curious on what the verdict is. Is there a car half the price as a TLR 22 2.0 that's almost as good or is there one pretending to be?

Old 12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bought this car for my son to drive, since he did not want to run what I race.. The build went good, built a rear motor configuration tested it while breaking in the diff with the AKA tires Ribs in front and Impacts in the rear that it came with on indoor clay.. The tires were not my choice for the track but decided to run them anyways, and wow I am very impressed with this car, jumps fantastic, turns very nice with ribs and the shocks are very nice... I hope they come out with a 86t spur which would be great for the tight indoor tracks I race on and some more aluminum hop ups...
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my friend who's new to the hobby bought one. it was a combo deal that RCMart had. he stripped a couple screws during assembly but it went together well otherwise. I tried it out on a small carpet track, has plenty of steering. it was in RM at the time but has since switched to MM. needs some set up to work with the track but it could be a competitive buggy in the right hands.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
Bought this car for my son to drive, since he did not want to run what I race.. The build went good, built a rear motor configuration tested it while breaking in the diff with the AKA tires Ribs in front and Impacts in the rear that it came with on indoor clay.. The tires were not my choice for the track but decided to run them anyways, and wow I am very impressed with this car, jumps fantastic, turns very nice with ribs and the shocks are very nice... I hope they come out with a 86t spur which would be great for the tight indoor tracks I race on and some more aluminum hop ups...
Interesting. May have to try one out.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:28 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

OK, pulled the trigger on one last night. I will be trying it at first in MM set-up on a couple indoor tracks locally. I'll keep up with the updates.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Looks like a fellah across the pond beat me to it! Very nice write up:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=cactus
Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb View Post
Looks like a fellah across the pond beat me to it! Very nice write up:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=cactus
Thanks for the link... Definitely makes this kit more enticing with that step by step build process
Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Few things, AE wheels are compatible as well as AE spur gears. I found the stock slipper pads to be not so good. As soon as I get my hands on a VTS or Avid Triad slipper I want to try it out.

On my first outing the car was pretty good in MM configuration once I got the right tires for a medium(ish) traction wet clay very bumpy track. Durability was good as I had a few....OK, several "wrong side up" landings. I squirmed every time after reading some others rear shock tower breakage. I have to say, no broken parts here after my first race night.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Build is coming along, kids and grown-up responsibilities have kept me from finishing it this week. I took some inspiration from the gentleman on the Oople build and played with stripping the purple. Once I found that Easy-Off starts to blacken the aluminum when left in longer I played around with it a bit trying to go for a blackened-tarnished look. Motor plate came out cool, but brace not so much. Will likely polish it back silver. Anyone know if any other springs (Associated?) fit the car? Nate

Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

I am running Losi 12mm springs. I would imagine any 12mm spring would work.

I have switched to RM and I am even more impressed with the Cactus! My first run with a guess at set-up resulted in wheelies on the straight and still possessed some crazy steering! I did find a weak point, I broke both rear axles on separate bad landings (real bad landings). Luckily Durango 210 axles drop right in.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:09 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

I am running Losi 12mm springs. I would imagine any 12mm spring would work.

I have switched to RM and I am even more impressed with the Cactus! My first run with a guess at set-up resulted in wheelies on the straight and still possessed some crazy steering! I did find a weak point, I broke both rear axles on separate bad landings (real bad landings). Luckily Durango 210 axles drop right in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.