Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 22 Buggy diff tires turning the same way

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi 22 Buggy diff tires turning the same way

Ok i bought a TLR 22 buggy for a steal but it was already built. I have noticed that when i spin one of the rear wheels the other spins in the same direction.

I can hold each wheel and rotate them in opposite directions without any issue but as far as "free" spinning they both spin in the same direction.

is my diff faulty ? or is this because of the ball diff ?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are they spinning same direction with motor in? If you spin them and they go same direction while holding spur gear than your diff must be to tight. If they are spinning and there is nO motor than yes that is normal.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

motor is in and they are spinning the same direction, i will try while holding the spur gear next
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds like your diff is the problem and needs to be looked at.

If you are holding the spur and both wheels are turning in the same direction it sounds like the diff is extremely loose. Before taking it out of the car try tightening it up, the hex head of the diff screw should be located on the drivers side of the transmission(opposite the side the layshaft comes out). If that does not work then you need to take the diff out and see what the problem is.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
Sounds like your diff is the problem and needs to be looked at.

If you are holding the spur and both wheels are turning in the same direction it sounds like the diff is extremely loose. Before taking it out of the car try tightening it up, the hex head of the diff screw should be located on the drivers side of the transmission(opposite the side the layshaft comes out). If that does not work then you need to take the diff out and see what the problem is.
when i hold the spur they go in opposite direction, but they don't spin freely, they are quite tight as in there is pretty much no free motion.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your diff is either way too tight, or bone dry and too tight, or loaded with crap and too tight. Either way, you got a used vehicle and its gonna need a little TLC. Rip that rear end apart and do some cleaning and re-lubing!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default front diff

sorry for posting out of place but i cant seem to find any info on this. i bought a used 8ight-e 4.0 roller and the same thing is happening with my front diff. the tires spin in the same direction. it ran fine for 1 pack and now it seems the front tires will barely turn when on the throttle. any ideas?