Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need opinions on the Durango Dex408 from a previous Rc8b owner >

Need opinions on the Durango Dex408 from a previous Rc8b owner

Need opinions on the Durango Dex408 from a previous Rc8b owner

Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need opinions on the Durango Dex408 from a previous Rc8b owner

Need some feedback. I have always had associated cars, but I really like the look and build quality my friends dex410. So I started looking at the dex408. It seems like a real nice car. quick access differentials,slim, and the ability to run 2 stick packs, hence no need to buy 4s batteries i don't have. I know my Rc8b (nitro) was bullet proof as far never breaking anything. I am not sure if that is because all 8th scale buggies are just bigger and built tougher, of if that is a property of the rc8b / rc8.2...

I know any great driver can win races with any 8th scale buggy, unfortunately I am not there yet. I'm ok, ( i remember to turn right at the end of the straight unlike some people) but I am just trying to get general impressions. is the DEX 408 a bitch to setup? Hard to drive for the average guy? seems like 10th scale parts availability is there, but is the 8th scale parts availability there? Weak points? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommytom View Post
Need some feedback. I have always had associated cars, but I really like the look and build quality my friends dex410. So I started looking at the dex408. It seems like a real nice car. quick access differentials,slim, and the ability to run 2 stick packs, hence no need to buy 4s batteries i don't have. I know my Rc8b (nitro) was bullet proof as far never breaking anything. I am not sure if that is because all 8th scale buggies are just bigger and built tougher, of if that is a property of the rc8b / rc8.2...

I know any great driver can win races with any 8th scale buggy, unfortunately I am not there yet. I'm ok, ( i remember to turn right at the end of the straight unlike some people) but I am just trying to get general impressions. is the DEX 408 a bitch to setup? Hard to drive for the average guy? seems like 10th scale parts availability is there, but is the 8th scale parts availability there? Weak points? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I have owned most of the durango cars. My sons both run AE for 1/8th also. The 1/10th line of durango's handle great and we have 3 dex410's and 1 desc410v2. The 1/8th side does not compare to them. The only thing they have in common is tons of steering. The durango has a lot more steering than the 8b, but it is not as stable as the 8b. I ran the 1/8th scale nitro for a year and half and I can tell you I now have a kyosho for this summer. The 1/8th cars still have some handling characteristics to be solved. They are durable, but I would wait for changes coming from some of their prototypes that signal a new car would be required because of too many major changes.

Last edited by jmackani; 01-13-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback. Not what I was expecting to read.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommytom View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Not what I was expecting to read.
The 8.2 is very worthy car. If you have associated, I would recommend that route and can send you a good starting setup also.