Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hpi blitz issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hpi blitz issues

I have an hpi blitz and I changed out the battery and put a new one in after letting in cool for an hour. when I turn the truck on the led blinks but it makes no noises doesn't beep or nothing. truck won't move but the receiver is picking up a signal. using a lipo 5000 2c 7.4v and the truck was setup to run a lipo. anyone have an idea what might be going on? I'm new to the electric world. thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

New update. I got everything to respond but when I pull the trigger to go forward or reverse the motor just smokes... Is it fried?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It sounds like what happened to my original Blitz. First night out I fried the ESC. I ended up picking up an inexpensive Novak brushless system and never looked back. Give HPI Customer Service a call tomorrow and talk with them. They replaced mine without much question and should do the same thing for you. Sorry about the bad news.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by jorth16
New update. I got everything to respond but when I pull the trigger to go forward or reverse the motor just smokes... Is it fried?
It's fried like kfc chicken...time to go brushless
Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

It's my girls truck so I don't wanna go brushless yet. I'm planning on it though. Just curious, I got about 10-15 runs out of this motor. Ran it through a shit load of water and mud. Is there anything I can do as far as maintenance goes to ensure a longer life of the hpi firebolt 15t? Took it apart the positive brush was completely gone.
Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
It's fried like kfc chicken...time to go brushless